🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Fresh start....

Options

Comments

• Karen_30
    Karen_30 Posts: 823 Forumite
    Options
    Oops, just one more.....

11. Take up any opportunities of overtime that come my way this week. Aiming for an extra 50 hours to put in for June pay day. Tough call but will be worth it!
  • mrscmr
    mrscmr Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hey karen
    i have found ur diary
    im poppoing in just to say ... found u... no popping out for a bit
    and popping back later for a read from the beginning...
    hope this is ok?
    mrscmr
    Highest Debt £581,000 Nov 08 and now owe nothing! yes really! I have learnt my lesson the hard way!
    :heart2:Ebay Challenge 2011 - Still supporting from afar!
    Long haulers supporters DFW #223
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Karen_30 wrote: »
    I've decided to set myself weekly goals each week on a Sunday and then will report back through week and again at the weekend.....

sounds good - extra good luck with
    1. 3 sessions of exercise, toning and aerobic.
    2. Write letters to all creditors to get up to date balances (for those I don't have regular statements) to motivate myself seeing debts coming down.
    3. Write letters to creditors to claim back charges, didn't do this before as worried that might upset DMP. Now I don't care, if I am entitled I will claim them :p
    4. Write to Halifax CC as the lovely (not!) people have decided to start charging interest. Spoke directly to them and they said they could not stop interest again (i'm not convinced!) but did say to ask Payplan to negotiate reduced rate of interest....I will write directly to them too as Payplan so busy of late no replies for days to anything I send, email or phone :mad:
    5. Re-look at monthly budget.
    6. Chase up Vodafone as requested that insurance be removed...yet to have a reply :mad:
    There is quite a lot on there that can be hard to start so we will keep chasing you if you like! But well done on tackling such difficult issues...!
    Hope you are having a nice sunny day.

I have finally relented and let my DS go and play with a friend emphasis on the word GO and let my DS have Cbeebies on - seriously mind numbingly, irritatingly boring! But give me a good excuse to have a break from my maths prep!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £5.4K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Karen_30
    Options
    There is quite a lot on there that can be hard to start so we will keep chasing you if you like! But well done on tackling such difficult issues...!
    Hope you are having a nice sunny day.

I have finally relented and let my DS go and play with a friend emphasis on the word GO and let my DS have Cbeebies on - seriously mind numbingly, irritatingly boring! But give me a good excuse to have a break from my maths prep!

Thanks SH, I would really appreciate that.....you really are wonderful :A Off to see new baby in a mo, i'm sure that is going to spur me on even more to becoming debt free ;)

Hope you're enjoying that break, I find a nice cuppa with a piece of chocolate always does the trick :D

K x
  • Primula
    Primula Posts: 953 Forumite
    Options
    angie_baby wrote: »
    Same here Karen :o I think im addicted to MSE :eek:

Me too!!! .....................oh and chocolate!
  • Primula
    Primula Posts: 953 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you all had a lovely weekend, and you're not too broody Karen after yesterday!
    And oh you lucky girl you £50 for luvly new undies! Enjoy!
    How you doing with your "to do" list?
    P
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HI Karen how is it going? Any progress updates for us?

Seriously hope you have had a good start to the week!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £5.4K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on listing out your to-do's!! It's something that I am trying to get the hang of so I am never bored and tempted to go out spending!

The best of luck with your extra 50 hours before june payday, that will be hard work but so worth it when you see those numbers coming down :beer:

will keep my beady eye on you and your thread :cool:

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • Karen_30
    Options
    Hi there all,

Firstly - thank you everyone for popping in and posting....any lurkers too :D

First day back to work after long weekend so was busy, busy, busy - thought I was going to explode!!

So little update on how I am getting on.....
    • have written all letters to creditors for up to date balances
    • have written all letters to creditors to claim back charges
    • have written all letters to halifax cc - to kindly ask them to stop the interest they have started charging :mad:
    • have agreed to work overtime wed, fri, sat and sun :eek:
    • have had a no spend day today :T ....not planning on going out now
    Not too bad, feeling very positive and can't wait to get super organised. Didn't manage to get up early today prior to starting work (about 10mins before) but I do have excuse, didn't get in until gone 1am this morning as went back to home town for visit and then had journey home.....I will do better tomorrow.

One annoying incident.....broke my glasses (I sat on them :mad:) and am over due an eye test (naughty me) so have appointment tomorrow....cost I could do without but has to be done. I must get on and work on saving an emergency fund for such occassions....even more reason to get organised!

Have a good evening all,

K x
  • mrscmr
    mrscmr Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hey karen
    you are steaming through ur tasks i am sooo impressed.
    shame about ur glasses though! you dont have any old frames you could use to put the lenses in instead of buying new frames?
    i have been reading ur diary but in reverse which is a bit confusing for my sad old brain!
    have a great evening!
    mrscmr
    Highest Debt £581,000 Nov 08 and now owe nothing! yes really! I have learnt my lesson the hard way!
    :heart2:Ebay Challenge 2011 - Still supporting from afar!
    Long haulers supporters DFW #223
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family