We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Pregnancy Club IX
Comments
-
MrsTine & others - I totally take your point about not getting too excited. It's actually for that reason that I'm NOT letting myself get too excited yet, because I do know that it's very early days & that anything could happen. There are prolly some people like me who use this thread as an outlet BECAUSE they don't want to tell anyone else until they're past 12 wks. Believe me, I'm terrified of a MC and totally paranoid I will be one of those 1 in 5 or whatever. But also can't live life in dread, so for now I'm just enjoying being part of the pregnant 'community' and using MSE to gather tips & advice before I can tell the world at large.
I hope that makes sense...top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne
would like to win a holiday, please!!
:xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j0 -
I think since getting out of the 12 weeks myself I've been very cautious about how jubilant I get for newbies on here who are less than 12 weeks pregnant because I feel like I am getting them too excited and the longer I spend on here the more lost babies I see and the more aware I am that it's a real possibility.
I hate being a killjoy but on the other hand I feel bad if I don't make them aware that this is a real possibility
Then again I hate being told I'm being too negative... *sigh* catch 22...
MSD - hugs to you too
I was just saying to OH last night that I try to not get too 'attached' to newbies that join early coz it always seam like we get a flood of newbies then 2 or 3 weeks later loose half of them
I didn't think anything of joining here at 4 weeks but then had a bleed and felt pants, just glad it turned out ok for me - so far
Well MW was here for nearly an hour - I could get used to this special treatment
I'm going to give OH a kick up the bum about getting our bedroom sorted because otherwise it could be very difficult for my HB if we're still as we are now!
I've got my list of things to buy/have ready etc and she loved my plan to have the spare room as a labour room with single bed - the bed we sleep on at the mo is a single that pulls out to a double and is ready for the tip so doesn't matter if it gets ruined;)
She also told me something very interesting; I asked if she knew of any research that had been done into weather there was any benefits to baby/mum in not cutting/clamping cord straight away and she said there are 2 sides one is that baby gets extra blood by not clamping it so less likely to get anemia but also that there is evidence that they don't need the extra blood and that it actually increases the instance of jaundice as the baby has to break down more red blood cells than it would had the cord been clamped.
I also asked if there was any evidence either way that having natural 3rd stage was better/worse for healing and she said she wasn't aware of any but told me to look up the Cochrane database on t'internet as if there was any research it would most likely be there.
She called the physio unit coz I said I hadn't heard anything from them since being referred with my incontinence, turns out they didn't receive it:rolleyes: so I think i'll make sure I go to HV clinic on Monday in case my HV still hasn't got the referral for this baby!
Next appt in 2 weeks when I'll have gbs swabs done too yuk but worth it.0 -
Tinkerbell - could the pain be from where the baby is kicking? Or your uterus stretching? I've had some bad pains at the top of my uterus and also around a scar I have on my tummy, but I think it is just stretching.
If you're worried though, call your MW and have a chat. But I'm sure it's perfectly normal.:cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool::heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
0 -
Damzel_In_Distress wrote: »Afternoon!
Have been a bit puzzled this morning. I decided to check my conception date from the due date i was given,and well it doesnt add up.In fact it would be literally impossible for it to be not only that day,but even within that week
.... The week before would make sense. But its physically impossible for me to have conceived on the day its telling me. My partner was away for work for 8 days ...And well i think i would remember putting a smile on anyone else's face :eek:...
....Can they be wrong? ..I know when they were measuring she said she was having trouble getting it correct because the baby was lieing face down huddled up and we couldnt get he/she to move.But then she went ok done it..so i figured perhaps it had wriggled into a better position ...Now im thinking maybe not.
Sperm can live for upto 7 days, then guessing the date of conception by a scan is a few days either way due to differing growth rates for the embryo. So it is possible that you did the deed but conception took place a week afterwards and the embryo developed quicker than average.
ETA, I better phrase that better when I do my exam next month
0 -
It's a toughie because I think people need to be aware of the chances things will go wrong as being unprepared for a miscarriage is probably twice as horrible? but again - how to tactfully point it out and not be "raining on their parade"?
I know what you mean about this bit. You dont want to say anything but at the same time some times it would be useful to. I remember a friend of mine going out buying things as soon as she found out and i really really wanted to tell her not to. I would never buy anything until after my first scan.But you dont want to tell others not to as its their choice and you feel as though your being rude and almost inappropiate to mention the possible bad. I saw my friend waste over £200 only the mis-carry before 12 weeks.
Sometimes i think it might just be best to say as nicely and politely as possible in a not so round about way for your friends etc to hold off until a bit later. I know excitement is a hard thing to ignore though...Having a coke with youis even more fun than going to San Sebastian, Irun, Hendaye, Biarritz, Bayonne
or being sick to my stomach on the Travesera de Gracia in Barcelona0 -
ticklepenny wrote: »
Rambling blurb alert:
Now I know bubs has less room (35+5) but moving less is freaking me out, bubs is still moving more than 10 occasions in a day but its a lot less than previously. Am I just being an over anxious first timer? I have a scan tomorrow to check everything out and as bubs is still moving know that things must be ok.... just getting worried.:rolleyes:
Now off to get brekkie, and try to find some summery clothes that fit:rolleyes:
someone else has probably already replied, but I'll just add that yes it's normal for bub to move less now - they have much less room to wriggle about in. I'm sure some of the parent sites say about it too. Providing you are still feeling regular movements you should be absolutely fine. If you haven't felt in a while (you may just have missed it cos you were busy or whatever) sit down with cake & tea/ coffee & prod bump for a bit - works for me;)
Ultimately if you are still worried, phone delivery suite - they can either reassure or will get you in and monitor baby for an hour (ish) - I did this with no 1 & no 3. They were perfectly happy to do so :-) And you can almost guarantee that they will wriggle like no-ones business when you're strapped to teh monitor - making you feel like a dafty! (not that the midwives mind one bit)
greent xx
ETA : Woo hoo!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soulRepaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NILNet sales 2024: £20
2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star0 -
Sperm can live for upto 7 days, then guessing the date of conception by a scan is a few days either way due to differing growth rates for the embryo. So it is possible that you did the deed but conception took place a week afterwards and the embryo developed quicker than average.
I had thought of that...Still seems a bit off..Only by a few days though. Around 5 IMO. Ill have to see if i can get a super memory and remember exactly when and where etc
Having a coke with youis even more fun than going to San Sebastian, Irun, Hendaye, Biarritz, Bayonne
or being sick to my stomach on the Travesera de Gracia in Barcelona0 -
Big hugs to money saving diva, catwoman & EA on the sad news.
greentI am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soulRepaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NILNet sales 2024: £20
2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star0 -
Hi all,
Now I have passed the 12 weeks, I have started telling people which is a relief. I joined this thread soon after I found out about 5/6 weeks. I wouldn't change it because I only told a few close friends and family (who I would want support from if I had a miscarriage) so I couldn't discuss it openly. Whereas joining this thread I get to ask questions find out other peoples experience and get the support and sympathy from all you wonderful ladies. Don't know how I would have managed the first few weeks without it.
Weirdly, I have found out that my best friend from school (who now lives in the states) is due on exactly the same day as me! How weird is that.:eek:
Sami Bee - I have requested to join on Facebook again (now I have passed the 12 week mark) - Karen G.Tegan Lily arrived 4 November 2009 (3 days late)
Floyd Peter arrived 9th July 2011 (1 day early)
0 -
MSD - so sorry to hear your news.
Glam - I am due about the same time as you, and I don't know if I have felt baby moving. A couple of times I thought I could feel something whilst lying in bed last week, but nothing since so think I must have imagined it. We have a doppler though and the heartbeat is strong, so I am sure there is nothing to worry about.
I really had to restrain myself from buying stuff before the 12 week scan, as I know so many people who have miscarried at around the 12 week mark. I would have thought that the closer you get to 12 weeks, the better the chances, but it doesn't seem to work like that from what I have seen. Around the 11-12 week mark seems to be a risky time.
Congrats to Tickle!!!
No news from Sparkle yet? I think she last posted on Friday so I assume she must have had a baby by now!
x0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
