We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Pregnancy Club IX
Comments
-
feelinggood wrote: »He is doing well. He has gained back half the weight he lost, and is devouring expressed breast milk like anything. Midwife is happy with him, he is out of the woods.
I'm not being discharged yet, usually they stop calling at Day Nine. I'm being seen till at least Day 13. Had daily visits and sometimes twice daily visits up till now, but none tomorrow. Pyschiatrist appointment on Monday.
I can't tear myself away from you guys
Oh, I weighed last night, I'm only 6lb heavier than when I got pregnant!
Well done to you and Toby feelie - one gaining, one losing!!:D:D Glad the feeding EBM is going ok. I have to say my DS1 was a lousy latcher -on and if he'd been my first I'd have given up - we persevered and he got the hang after about a month!! But I had done it before, so it was different. You do whatever is best for you and Toby (nice name!)
greent
xI am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soulRepaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NILNet sales 2024: £20
2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star0 -
yeah karen, that's me right now. Don't take this the wrong way all, but it's easier to post 1 message to a bunch of internet strangers if something DOES go wrong than telling the close friends/family and facing them afterwards. which is why I don't mind 'announcing' it in a relatively secure environment on the internet, but not going to tell work, friends, etc. until after 12 wk scan. plus a lot of ladies on here have had MCs, so it's good know that all will understand if it does happen.
Damzel - maybe your OH just has super sperm!
top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne
would like to win a holiday, please!!
:xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j0 -
yeah karen, that's me right now. Don't take this the wrong way all, but it's easier to post 1 message to a bunch of internet strangers if something DOES go wrong than telling the close friends/family and facing them afterwards. which is why I don't mind 'announcing' it in a relatively secure environment on the internet, but not going to tell work, friends, etc. until after 12 wk scan. plus a lot of ladies on here have had MCs, so it's good know that all will understand if it does happen.
Damzel - maybe your OH just has super sperm!
Well you could say that. Twice now this has happened with him why ive been using the evra pill patch :eek:...I kid you not.Having a coke with youis even more fun than going to San Sebastian, Irun, Hendaye, Biarritz, Bayonne
or being sick to my stomach on the Travesera de Gracia in Barcelona0 -
I like that one!ticklepenny wrote: »Thank you! But I am lucky and knew my ring size was R before I got pregnant, its now U :eek: so we are going for the smaller, and putting it on a necklace till I deflate
Edit:
This is the one i liked, OH told me off for being to MSE but I like it and didnt like any others I saw.
both my engagement ring and wedding ring were pretty cheap but I just wanted 'that' one I didn't care how much it was worth - after all its the thought that counts :cool:
I'm getting a new engaement/eternity ring for Christmas this year, If I find one I like - it has to come from goldsmiths so we can pay with tesco clubcard deals :money:
DID - my EDD for Chris was given by scan because I didn't have a deff LMP date for them but IMHO it was 18 days out!!
This baby is also measuring a bit 'wrong' but I'm sure of my dates, you mentioned u & OH are tall so that would prob mean they thought u were further on than u actually are if baby is tall too;)0 -
MS Diva - So sorry for your loss, take care.
My EDD is out by quite a few days as well, I know exactly when I ovulated and did the deed as I was keeping a diary whilst trying to conceive
!
Tickle - congratulations on your engagement :beer:
Quick question for you ladies - Cot bumpers: Are they ok to use or are they as "dangerous" as some people say they are?Value of prizes 2010 - 2017: £8374 Wins 2022: Magic set
Debt free thanks to MSE0 -
Damzel - not being rude but are you overweight? just I've heard that hormonal types of contra don't work as well as they should if ur overweight...
I can recomend the Mirena IUS for after this one tho
0 -
It depends who you ask TBH :rolleyes: I used a bumper in the crib and cotbed with Chris I frankly don't see how they are any diff from a moses basket which has 'solid' sides IYSWIM. best place to look for the official answer is prob FSID websitemollythewestie wrote: »Quick question for you ladies - Cot bumpers: Are they ok to use or are they as "dangerous" as some people say they are?0 -
Damzel_In_Distress wrote: »I know what you mean about this bit. You dont want to say anything but at the same time some times it would be useful to. I remember a friend of mine going out buying things as soon as she found out and i really really wanted to tell her not to. I would never buy anything until after my first scan.But you dont want to tell others not to as its their choice and you feel as though your being rude and almost inappropiate to mention the possible bad. I saw my friend waste over £200 only the mis-carry before 12 weeks.
Sometimes i think it might just be best to say as nicely and politely as possible in a not so round about way for your friends etc to hold off until a bit later. I know excitement is a hard thing to ignore though...
I felt this at the time with EA, when she was pushing so hard at work for her risk assessment and really having to make such a huge fuss to get it. It seemed to me to be very early days for her, as most office-based workers, unless they also work with chemicals, don't even tell work until they are past the 12 week mark. I discovered with my first pregnancy that I'd had a missed miscarriage when I was 17 weeks, so although I didn't break the news to work first time round until past the magic 12 week mark, I still had to go through the whole going back to work with everyone knowing what had happened malarky, which was so horrendous it still haunts me more than 15 years later. I hope that things work out OK with EA and that her work are nicer to her and more sympathetic than they have been up until now (and better than my work were at the time), and that's she's back here soon with better news.
I was one of those who joined here when I was quite early on, but read far more than I posted in the early stages, and only really allowed myself to use the thread to obsess about my anxieties rather than get too excited about things until I'd had the scan to know that all was well. It is really hard I think when you have been letting yourself get very excited to have to come back and post bad news, and it also causes a lot of anxiety with others who are also still in first tri, but as others have said its not really possible to suggest to anyone that they try not to get too emotionally invested until things are a bit more established, as that's a horrible and hurtful thing to hear when you're newly pregnant as HypnoNu found out. I do think though that until you have experienced a pregnancy loss its very hard to contemplate that anything might go wrong with your pregnancy, and knowing the 1 in 4 mc rate doesn't really sink in until it actually happens.0 -
Damzel - not being rude but are you overweight? just I've heard that hormonal types of contra don't work as well as they should if ur overweight...
I can recomend the Mirena IUS for after this one tho
I cant belive just thanked you for that post
No no...im not. My bmi is in the healthy range and im only a size 10-12.
I was checked out in december and my bmi was 23 so definitly not.Having a coke with youis even more fun than going to San Sebastian, Irun, Hendaye, Biarritz, Bayonne
or being sick to my stomach on the Travesera de Gracia in Barcelona0 -
Molly - from FSID website
http://www.fsid.org.uk/mothercare-poll-press.html
Parents who identified the risks (percent)
Radiator: cot positioned next to radiator - 73%
Blankets: blankets are loose rather than firmly tucked in - 70%
Pillow: baby sleeping on a pillow - 52%
Hat: hat on baby’s head - 45%
Side sleeping: baby asleep on its side rather than back - 31%
Feet-to-foot: baby in middle of cot and not feet-to-foot position - 31%
Nursery: baby in its own nursery rather than parents’ room - 10%
Dummy: no dummy in baby’s mouth - 5%
Nothing wrong with this picture - 2%
Other - 4%
Don’t know - 7%
A further 32% wrongly identified cot bumpers as a risk, but research has shown that they have neither good nor bad effects in terms of cot death risk.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
