We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…286287289291292…502

Comments

  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Glam, this is my second and i'm told you feel things earlier with the more you have. Have no recollection of the last one, as it was over 5 years ago. Baby moves quite a lot, doesn't like to be squished when i lean forward at my desk, seems to be squirming to tell me to behave.

    As we are roughly the same, do you ache, i seem to cease up at night and when i get out of bed in the morning and my legs have been terribley achey for a few days. I feel like an old woman. But i suppose at 35 i am considered old in pregnancy terms aren't I?

    I'm almost 26 and I have the most horrendous pain in my left hip - right at the tip of the hip bone! Worse when I lie on my left hand side at night. Last night it was dead hot and OH was a bit worried about the heat coming off me! I also get really stiff if I sit or lie in the same position for too long - OH moans that I'm constantly shifting around trying to get comfy. If I sit at my desk for too long then when I get up I walk like an 80 year old!!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    Feelie - nice to see you on here still :D How's Toby doing?

    He is doing well. He has gained back half the weight he lost, and is devouring expressed breast milk like anything. Midwife is happy with him, he is out of the woods.

    I'm not being discharged yet, usually they stop calling at Day Nine. I'm being seen till at least Day 13. Had daily visits and sometimes twice daily visits up till now, but none tomorrow. Pyschiatrist appointment on Monday.

    I can't tear myself away from you guys :o

    Oh, I weighed last night, I'm only 6lb heavier than when I got pregnant!
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,238 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    I think since getting out of the 12 weeks myself I've been very cautious about how jubilant I get for newbies on here who are less than 12 weeks pregnant because I feel like I am getting them too excited and the longer I spend on here the more lost babies I see and the more aware I am that it's a real possibility.
    I hate being a killjoy but on the other hand I feel bad if I don't make them aware that this is a real possibility :( Then again I hate being told I'm being too negative... *sigh* catch 22...

    MSD - hugs to you too
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

    My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Glamazon wrote: »
    I'm almost 26 and I have the most horrendous pain in my left hip - right at the tip of the hip bone! Worse when I lie on my left hand side at night. Last night it was dead hot and OH was a bit worried about the heat coming off me! I also get really stiff if I sit or lie in the same position for too long - OH moans that I'm constantly shifting around trying to get comfy. If I sit at my desk for too long then when I get up I walk like an 80 year old!!

    Thanks, Thought it was just me turning into a hypercondriact (SP?). Am thinking of investing in a body pillow, see if it helps. Only thing i remember from the last pregnancey was having to sleep on an air matress on the floor for the last 10 weeks or so to relieve the pressure from my pelvis and legs.
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I don't think I've been comfortable sitting/lying/walking since about 15/16 weeks... Some days are better than others... But I find if I sit on a hard chair for any length of time, I can barely walk for hours afterwards...

    Tine, all that drama yesterday... And you said I was getting all the special treatment :p

    Just had my very nutritional lunch... Of a crisp butty... and a bag of crisps... Off to hunt the mini daimes that are hidden down the side of the bed...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,238 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Glam it sounds a bit like what I've had since about 20ish weeks... lower back and hip joints. I have to shift regularly in bed and sitting at desks is agony - especially after sitting for a while and then getting up. Oddly I can sit on the sofa for hours and feel fine when I get up :confused:
    Getting work to change my chair did help a bit but didn't solve it - driving long (30mins +) trips was agonising too...
    I'm seriously thinking of sleeping in the other bedroom to let DH get some sleep during the week - the poor thing has to drive to work after all - I don't.
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

    My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • newmoneysaver_2
    newmoneysaver_2 Posts: 2,374 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 22 April 2009 at 12:22PM
    He is doing well. He has gained back half the weight he lost, and is devouring expressed breast milk like anything. Midwife is happy with him, he is out of the woods.

    I'm not being discharged yet, usually they stop calling at Day Nine. I'm being seen till at least Day 13. Had daily visits and sometimes twice daily visits up till now, but none tomorrow. Pyschiatrist appointment on Monday.

    I can't tear myself away from you guys :o

    Oh, I weighed last night, I'm only 6lb heavier than when I got pregnant!

    Aw, Well done Toby :T it's great to hear he's doing well! and well done you only 6lb is fab :j

    MrsTine, I generally feel the same. I find it hard to see people getting so excited and sometime I just want to say calm down - but I do refrain from raining on peoples parades IYSWIM, I know how easy it is to get carried away :o We do seem to have a run of bad luck :(
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    I joined at about 6 weeks and at the time the thought of losing the baby hadn't even entered my head. After seeing so many people on here (esp. EA who was a regular already and was looking at buying things) come on so early and then leave again so soon - I think in future I will def be waiting til the 12 week mark before joining this thread again (yes, I'll be back!!).

    Now though after seeing it I also don't want to be the one to say 'Hey don't get too excited, get your first scan out the way first!'
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • ticklepenny_2
    ticklepenny_2 Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    Tine - I have opted to sleep on our sofabed downstairs at the moment as OH is still working and I keep him awake with my snoring and talking in my sleep. Tried it monday and he slept like a baby, last night he said he wanted me back as he didnt like me sleeping downstairs but he barely slept, so have made the decision that I am sleeping downstairs during the week until baby is born. :rolleyes:
    DS1 arrived 22/02/11! 8lb3oz
    DD1 arrived 20/05/09 10lb3oz
    *Post Baby Weight loss start 23st5lb [STRIKE]now 19st 13lbs[/STRIKE] Post pregnancy weight #2 22st3lbs now 20st12*
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Moneysavingdiva, I'm so sorry :( xxxx
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.