We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…287288290292293…502

Comments

  • HypnoNu
    HypnoNu Posts: 677 Forumite
    I joined the thread as soon as i knew i was pregnant but was told pretty early on (by the b1tch receptionist at the doctors) that i'd "probably" lose my baby....so i didn't get a chance to get excited at all until i'd seen the baby at the 12 week scan and knew things were going ok....
    I really feel for the people who've recently lost their babes, but it must be so hard not to get excited, especially when the baby is so wanted, it does make me feel lucky that me and bellybean have made it this far and my heart goes out to those who won't be making the full journey this time....
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    MrsTine wrote: »
    Glam it sounds a bit like what I've had since about 20ish weeks... lower back and hip joints. I have to shift regularly in bed and sitting at desks is agony - especially after sitting for a while and then getting up. Oddly I can sit on the sofa for hours and feel fine when I get up :confused:
    Getting work to change my chair did help a bit but didn't solve it - driving long (30mins +) trips was agonising too...
    I'm seriously thinking of sleeping in the other bedroom to let DH get some sleep during the week - the poor thing has to drive to work after all - I don't.

    I would say work is the best for me painwise.
    Our sofa reclines so I always have it reclining back, I only have little legs that don't touch the floor if I sit normally! When I'm reclined I can't get comfy.
    I think if the shifting carries on in bed I might go into the spare room - OH is OK with my snoring as he wears Earplugs most nights but I think if I keep wriggling and moving my pillow (I have it tucked under bump and between my legs) then it will keep waking him up.
    My bump is now getting in the way of bending down and putting socks on so god help me in a couple of months time!!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Yes thats the one, I am no longer incubating Mike tyson. More like Taz in slow motion IYKWIM. And Oh lord I want a downstairs toilet! :D Wishful thinking!

    Oh just to share a bit of good news... :DOH proposed yesterday! :DWe are now engaged!:D
    He asked me to meet him from work in town, wondering around he stopped at a jewellers shop window and asked me to marry him, but saiud because I am so swollen he hasnt been able to suss out my ring size... bless him. But we have now ordered my engaement ring in prepregnant size!! Yay! :T
    Congratulations!!!04.gif
    not wanting to rain on ur parade but did you check that the ring can be re-sized?
    I got mine while pregnant but its very ornate and no jeweler will touch it with a barge pole :( so I just have to wait until I'm swollen enough for it to fit again :p
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • ticklepenny_2
    ticklepenny_2 Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    edited 22 April 2009 at 1:10PM
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    Congratulations!!!04.gif
    not wanting to rain on ur parade but did you check that the ring can be re-sized?
    I got mine while pregnant but its very ornate and no jeweler will touch it with a barge pole :( so I just have to wait until I'm swollen enough for it to fit again :p

    Thank you! But I am lucky and knew my ring size was R before I got pregnant, its now U :eek: so we are going for the smaller, and putting it on a necklace till I deflate :D

    Edit:
    This is the one i liked, OH told me off for being to MSE but I like it and didnt like any others I saw. :D
    DS1 arrived 22/02/11! 8lb3oz
    DD1 arrived 20/05/09 10lb3oz
    *Post Baby Weight loss start 23st5lb [STRIKE]now 19st 13lbs[/STRIKE] Post pregnancy weight #2 22st3lbs now 20st12*
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    ...
    This is my new fav top. Its really comfy, and long enough to cover my bump and bum :)
    I also got some basic vest tops from primark which have buttons just a the top - thought these would come in handy for in the hospital and breast feeding - and they were only £2 :D
    Looks very like my new tops that were cheaper I'm wearing one now and its non-mat and in my usual size :j hopefully it'll still look good post baby!!
    He is doing well. He has gained back half the weight he lost, and is devouring expressed breast milk like anything. Midwife is happy with him, he is out of the woods.

    I'm not being discharged yet, usually they stop calling at Day Nine. I'm being seen till at least Day 13. Had daily visits and sometimes twice daily visits up till now, but none tomorrow. Pyschiatrist appointment on Monday.

    I can't tear myself away from you guys :o

    Oh, I weighed last night, I'm only 6lb heavier than when I got pregnant!
    All fantastic news!!:T I was under MWs until 14days I found it reassuring
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Mrs_Moc
    Mrs_Moc Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    Thanks for the suggestions with the earplugs & eyemask, thats fab, why didnt that occur to me :confused: DH has now been phoned and will be bringing them down to me later :j

    I think its so sad that not everyone makes it through the first 12 weeks, especially those TTC. When I first bled at 6 & 8 weeks (after telling everyone) I thought it was all over for me and was very tearful until the scan confirmed everything was fine with baby. My heart and prayers absolutely goes out to anyone experiencing this type of loss.

    Every person on here posting about bleeding makes me want to give them huge hugs and I just hope for them they get the same good news as I did. Even though I now know the reason for my bleedings, the uncertainty then was so scary.

    If (thats a very big if) I go on to have anymore, I dont think I would share the news so soon again, or allow myself to get too excited till im past the early stages.
  • Afternoon!

    Have been a bit puzzled this morning. I decided to check my conception date from the due date i was given,and well it doesnt add up.In fact it would be literally impossible for it to be not only that day,but even within that week :confused:.... The week before would make sense. But its physically impossible for me to have conceived on the day its telling me. My partner was away for work for 8 days ...And well i think i would remember putting a smile on anyone else's face :eek:...

    ....Can they be wrong? ..I know when they were measuring she said she was having trouble getting it correct because the baby was lieing face down huddled up and we couldnt get he/she to move.But then she went ok done it..so i figured perhaps it had wriggled into a better position ...Now im thinking maybe not.:confused:
    Having a coke with you
    is even more fun than going to San Sebastian, Irun, Hendaye, Biarritz, Bayonne
    or being sick to my stomach on the Travesera de Gracia in Barcelona
  • Afternoon all :D

    Right, first for the catch up:

    catw0man, EA & money saving diva - So sorry to hear about your losses. Hopefully we'll see you back soon.

    Tickle - WOOHOO congrats on the engagement :T

    Vic - Fingers crossed for you, I'm hoping it all went well

    skinty - I'm a little further along that you (barely) and I've not been feeling bump move as much. I must admit was starting to get a little worried until I came on here and it appears as you say it's something in the weather :D

    Feely - 6lb is fantastic, I'm hoping I'll be as lucky

    As for me all OK, just really busy. Work are being a right pain in the a**e and it seems like my boss has just realised I have 7 weeks left and as they're not covering my mat leave he's trying to get me to do everything before I go so basically he has nothing to do for the next 6 months!!! I wouldn't mind but his attitude stinks as well. I'm feeling well p**ed off :mad:

    Anyway on a more positive note I'm really starting to come to terms with the fact that I'm pregnant and have even started buying stuff!!! I'm now the proud owner of an icandy cherry pushchair and a baby bjorn carrier (both off e-bay so bargains!), just need to finish clearing the spare room so we can order furniture.

    Also, tomorrows going to be a full on baby related day as I've got another scan, my GDT and a consultants visit. They've told me to expect to be there around 5 hours so planning on taking a bag with books, puzzels, ds etc to keep me amused. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is that I can't eat or drink past 10pm tonight - I'm gonna be starving!

    Then we're off to our first NCT class tomorrow night so hopefully we'll get to meet some nice couples that are in the same boat as us.

    I do have a question though, I'm getting really bad pains in my tummy but only in the evenings, is this normal

    Sorry for the long post but I've not been on recently (even though I've been lurking)
    You laugh because I'm different - I laugh because you're all the same
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    BP is down a little bit and I don't have to go to DAU (cos I said I had no childcare). Seeing my consultant next week anyway. To call if it gets worse.
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,238 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    I know I joined the thread early on (was about 5 weeks I think...) and although I told a few people in real life early on I didn't have much choice because I was so sick and in hospital etc... so everyone knew pretty early on :(
    Given the choice though and with hindsight I'd prefer not to tell people until after my 12 week scan. I know the sickness was a sign Bean was firmly attached but if I got pregnant again I'd definitely not tell until after the 12 week scan... I'd not want everyone to know I'd lost a little baby and having to put up with people telling me how they know how I'm feeling etc... I grieve very privately when I loose people etc and I'd not want people talking to me until I was ready to talk about it myself IYSWIM?

    It's a toughie because I think people need to be aware of the chances things will go wrong as being unprepared for a miscarriage is probably twice as horrible? but again - how to tactfully point it out and not be "raining on their parade"? :confused:
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

    My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.