We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Pregnancy Club IX
Comments
-
there is a little test you can take here http://www.fsid.org.uk/safe-sleep-test.html
to see if u know the 'right' way to put baby to bed
EDIT best worded bit of infoBumpers: there are cot bumpers in the cot. In the past, there were concerns that bumpers might make babies too hot, increasing the risk of cot death. However, research has shown that they have neither good nor bad effects. Take it out when your baby can get up on her hands and knees so she can’t climb out. Make sure there are no trailing strings or ties.0 -
Sami - thanks for that link, it is just the info I was looking for
Value of prizes 2010 - 2017: £8374 Wins 2022: Magic set
Debt free thanks to MSE0 -
Molly - ur welcome

DID- can you forgive me?
I forgot to say before, while MW was here after she'd measured and listened to bubs, Chris lay down where I'd been and lifted his top so she could listen to his baby too :rotfl: she was really nice n used the dopler so we heard his bowels gurgle a bit and he was happy :A0 -
Molly - ur welcome

DID- can you forgive me?
I forgot to say before, while MW was here after she'd measured and listened to bubs, Chris lay down where I'd been and lifted his top so she could listen to his baby too :rotfl: she was really nice n used the dopler so we heard his bowels gurgle a bit and he was happy :A
I suppose so..;)
Im off to tesco in a moment. Im going to be one of those "horrible chav mums" as everyone mse calls them who goes to greggs for a sausage roll :rotfl:.....Having a coke with youis even more fun than going to San Sebastian, Irun, Hendaye, Biarritz, Bayonne
or being sick to my stomach on the Travesera de Gracia in Barcelona0 -
Nicki - thanks for the fab/beautiful post...I think it's a perfect summary of the catch-22 of the newly pregnant.top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne
would like to win a holiday, please!!
:xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j0 -
I was one of those who joined here when I was quite early on, but read far more than I posted in the early stages, and only really allowed myself to use the thread to obsess about my anxieties rather than get too excited about things until I'd had the scan to know that all was well. It is really hard I think when you have been letting yourself get very excited to have to come back and post bad news, and it also causes a lot of anxiety with others who are also still in first tri, but as others have said its not really possible to suggest to anyone that they try not to get too emotionally invested until things are a bit more established, as that's a horrible and hurtful thing to hear when you're newly pregnant as HypnoNu found out. I do think though that until you have experienced a pregnancy loss its very hard to contemplate that anything might go wrong with your pregnancy, and knowing the 1 in 4 mc rate doesn't really sink in until it actually happens.
I am the same, technically I am now in the 2nd trimester however I cannot bring myself to even join in here yet, it still feels too early and with recent bad news it just makes me more nervous about things-hope you ladies are all ok.
I have had scans and can hear the heartbeat on my doppler, but I am still cautious (blighted ovum diagnosed at 8 weeks last Oct probably being the reason-even then I was very cautious and knew something was wrong-I must just be a pessimist in the end!). I read everyday nearly and have posted a few times.
Occasionally I have replied to ladies who were newly pg and asking questions regarding buying things such as maternity clothes etc before 12 weeks (not that I even think that is the magic number!) and I do try and let them know that yes it is exciting initially, but it can be best to wait and see what happens, trying not to be a party pooper. I feel that if they are asking for advise they should get both sides as yes it is horrible when it happens but there is no harm is being made aware that it might, because it just as easily might not.0 -
sami - If you are buying through Goldsmiths it may be worth doing it through Pigsback.com as you get 12 points per £1 spent
Thats alot of points! DS1 arrived 22/02/11! 8lb3oz
DD1 arrived 20/05/09 10lb3oz*Post Baby Weight loss start 23st5lb [STRIKE]now 19st 13lbs[/STRIKE] Post pregnancy weight #2 22st3lbs now 20st12*0 -
We're back from the scan and baby is perfect, and I was right and we are having a little boy!
We had the same lady as my 12 week scan which means we have yet another !!!!py photo but at least we had a good look at bub and he's gorgeous! I can't wait to meet him now!0 -
:eek: I for one have never given my child a greggs sausage roll, in fact he doesn't automatically say "sausage roll" when we see a sign for greggs :whistle:Damzel_In_Distress wrote: »I suppose so..;)
Im off to tesco in a moment. Im going to be one of those "horrible chav mums" as everyone mse calls them who goes to greggs for a sausage roll :rotfl:.....
0 -
Damzel_In_Distress wrote: »
Im off to tesco in a moment. Im going to be one of those "horrible chav mums" as everyone mse calls them who goes to greggs for a sausage roll :rotfl:.....
I have recently rediscovered the joys of Greggs :drool:! I love their sausage rolls...steak bakes...cheese and onion pasties...cheese and bacon wraps...corned beef pasty...etc...etc...!!Value of prizes 2010 - 2017: £8374 Wins 2022: Magic set
Debt free thanks to MSE0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards