We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…291292294296297…502

Comments

  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    I think this thread is good for those people who want people to know they are pregnant but don't want to tell friends and family! I told my lot at 13 weeks and work at 14 weeks but I was on here early one.
    It is awful thou when we lose so many people esp as Nicki said like EA who had told work and was pushing for Risk Assessment and Shift Changes.

    I think originally I wanted to know things like when do u see MW? 1st scan? etc which this thread is great for. It's only now at 18 weeks that I waffle on and on about meaningless carp!!!

    Fitzio - thanks for that. It's weird because at 16w I was so sure I could feel bubba loads but now nothing - I've heard HB recently so not too worried.
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    HypnoNu wrote: »
    We're back from the scan and baby is perfect, and I was right and we are having a little boy!

    We had the same lady as my 12 week scan which means we have yet another !!!!py photo but at least we had a good look at bub and he's gorgeous! I can't wait to meet him now!

    Congratulations - wow you were right!

    ANy names???????
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    sami - If you are buying through Goldsmiths it may be worth doing it through Pigsback.com as you get 12 points per £1 spent :D Thats alot of points!
    Thanks but you can't use the vouchers online only instore :( I can't get on with pigsback really either :o I much prefer quidco

    Yey Hypno another team blue :male:

    Molly - beans n sausage pastie :drool:
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • elastigirl
    elastigirl Posts: 581 Forumite
    Hi all i didn't want to move over to this board just yet as i am only 5 weeks and didn't want to jinx it as i joined you all in jan but sadly had an ectopic. But i need some advice.
    My mum is really silly and doesn't go to the doctor unless she really has to and i found out the other day she has bumps all over her she has had them for 2 weeks and not told anyone. We joked that they were chicken pox and she still was refusing to go to the docs but now i am worried as i too have come out in the spots! I have lots all over my legs and this is how she started. No one knows that i am pg and i really didn't want them to untill My first scan as it was so awful telling them i had lost my last one i would rather them not know.
    But i am thinking i will have to now. I have had chicken pox before and i always thought you couldn't get it again but my friends daughter has had it twice. The bump has like a tiny hole in the centre and they are itchy and red.

    Can i take antihistamine while pg?
    This is my signature!
  • newmoneysaver_2
    newmoneysaver_2 Posts: 2,374 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 22 April 2009 at 2:45PM
    Glam - I'm sure it was just before my 20 week scan that I was first sure I felt bubs. I'm sure I posted on here too :o

    And congrats Hypno - welcome to team blue

    ETA: Glam, I went back to check. I posted here on the 5th March, that I though I could feel the flutterings of baby moving (18 +3) and then again on 5th April that I could see my belly move as he kicked (22+5) :)
  • elastigirl wrote: »
    Hi all i didn't want to move over to this board just yet as i am only 5 weeks and didn't want to jinx it as i joined you all in jan but sadly had an ectopic. But i need some advice.
    My mum is really silly and doesn't go to the doctor unless she really has to and i found out the other day she has bumps all over her she has had them for 2 weeks and not told anyone. We joked that they were chicken pox and she still was refusing to go to the docs but now i am worried as i too have come out in the spots! I have lots all over my legs and this is how she started. No one knows that i am pg and i really didn't want them to untill My first scan as it was so awful telling them i had lost my last one i would rather them not know.
    But i am thinking i will have to now. I have had chicken pox before and i always thought you couldn't get it again but my friends daughter has had it twice. The bump has like a tiny hole in the centre and they are itchy and red.

    Can i take antihistamine while pg?

    I''m sure you can't take them during preg - but please book an appointment to see your gp and fingers crossed they are nothing to worry about :A
  • Hypno - HUGE CONGRATS on joining team blue :j
    You laugh because I'm different - I laugh because you're all the same
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    elastigirl wrote: »
    Hi all i didn't want to move over to this board just yet as i am only 5 weeks and didn't want to jinx it as i joined you all in jan but sadly had an ectopic. But i need some advice.
    My mum is really silly and doesn't go to the doctor unless she really has to and i found out the other day she has bumps all over her she has had them for 2 weeks and not told anyone. We joked that they were chicken pox and she still was refusing to go to the docs but now i am worried as i too have come out in the spots! I have lots all over my legs and this is how she started. No one knows that i am pg and i really didn't want them to untill My first scan as it was so awful telling them i had lost my last one i would rather them not know.
    But i am thinking i will have to now. I have had chicken pox before and i always thought you couldn't get it again but my friends daughter has had it twice. The bump has like a tiny hole in the centre and they are itchy and red.

    Can i take antihistamine while pg?

    That's one for your doctor. Make an emergency appointment, is my advice.

    Glamazon, I bought a maternity dress at the Next Clearance. I also got some nonmaternity dresses at the Gap shop that are wraparound, and with some creative tying on top of the bump instead of at the waist they're really comfortable.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    elastigirl wrote: »
    Hi all i didn't want to move over to this board just yet as i am only 5 weeks and didn't want to jinx it as i joined you all in jan but sadly had an ectopic. But i need some advice.
    My mum is really silly and doesn't go to the doctor unless she really has to and i found out the other day she has bumps all over her she has had them for 2 weeks and not told anyone. We joked that they were chicken pox and she still was refusing to go to the docs but now i am worried as i too have come out in the spots! I have lots all over my legs and this is how she started. No one knows that i am pg and i really didn't want them to untill My first scan as it was so awful telling them i had lost my last one i would rather them not know.
    But i am thinking i will have to now. I have had chicken pox before and i always thought you couldn't get it again but my friends daughter has had it twice. The bump has like a tiny hole in the centre and they are itchy and red.

    Can i take antihistamine while pg?

    I had an exposure to chicken pox at exactly the same point in my pregnancy, and although the risks to the baby are much less than for example rubella when caught at this stage, there are nonetheless risks and you really need to see your GP urgently. The fact that you have had chicken pox previously means that you are very likely to be immune, but there is a small chance that you are not, and therefore still at risk. The doctor will be able to verify this by a simple blood test, and will also be able to tell hopefully by looking at your rash what these are.

    Just because you see your GP doesn't mean you have to tell anyone else, but you do need to phone now and make an emergency appointment for advice. Even if its not chickenpox it may well be something else which should be monitored in pregnancy and there's no point in taking unnecessary risks.
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    elastigirl wrote: »
    Hi all i didn't want to move over to this board just yet as i am only 5 weeks and didn't want to jinx it as i joined you all in jan but sadly had an ectopic. But i need some advice.
    My mum is really silly and doesn't go to the doctor unless she really has to and i found out the other day she has bumps all over her she has had them for 2 weeks and not told anyone. We joked that they were chicken pox and she still was refusing to go to the docs but now i am worried as i too have come out in the spots! I have lots all over my legs and this is how she started. No one knows that i am pg and i really didn't want them to untill My first scan as it was so awful telling them i had lost my last one i would rather them not know.
    But i am thinking i will have to now. I have had chicken pox before and i always thought you couldn't get it again but my friends daughter has had it twice. The bump has like a tiny hole in the centre and they are itchy and red.

    Can i take antihistamine while pg?
    call ur GP or NHS Direct on 0845 46 47
    no anti hists unless advised by doctor xx
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.