We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…258259261263264…502

Comments

  • Mrs_Moc
    Mrs_Moc Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    thanks so much everybody for all your kind workds it does mean alot, because I cant really tell my family im scared, as im too busy putting on the brave face for them because I know how worried they are.

    Im going to stay in bed as much as possible to hold on to this little one as long as I can.

    I also was convinced I was having a boy, even told people I just knew it was a boy lol.

    Then they let it slip during one of the many scans I have had in here that it was a girl, I was in total disbelief. I didnt care either way though I thought it would be nice for DS as he's only 16m.

    I cant wait though to buy the pink frilly dresses and cute matching pants.
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I was absolutely convinced Aimee was a boy when I was first pregnant... But by the time she was born, I didn't have a clue... Hubby is absolutely convinced this one is a boy... I kind of think it is too... He would like a boy for that whole male pride thing... I'm not fussed either way... I did tell him the other night though if we have a girl, she's going to be very gender confused because we constantly refer to the baby as he...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • Icklebeans
    Icklebeans Posts: 295 Forumite
    I have absolutely no idea or inclination as to what my babies are. Boy and girl, boy and boy or girl and girl??? Not long now before we will meet them!

    Just clearing out my pregnancy file which contains all the information I have received over the past several months.
    Proud mother of twin boys - double the trouble and twice the pleasure! :T
  • MrsTine wrote: »
    Basically - you cannot be disadvantaged by taking maternity leave - that includes loosing benefits you would normally be entitled to like holidays and bankholidays :)

    Simples :)

    when you put it like that it does seem simple! i will say those exact words to my manager as he doesnt really have a clue which is why im glad i have you lot to ask! i will get him to ring head office and check which way round they will do it.
  • Jvic28
    Jvic28 Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    I've got to see my midwife today too. Not really looking forward to it for a few reasons. She's a bit of a dippy moo really and I feel like she doesn't have a clue what's going on when I see her. I'm also going to ask her for a chlamydia test, really don't think it's a possibility but want to put my mind at rest. I'm gonna feel awkward asking for it though.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No 190
    17/05/08 - Total on DMP: £10025.70
    07/05/14 - Total on DMP: £1666.20 DFD: July 2017!!
    Baby Tomos born 5th June 2009 - 6lb 5oz :j
    Weight Loss Target - to lose 60.8lb by NYE 2015 - 37.6lb TO GO
  • nessquic80
    nessquic80 Posts: 328 Forumite
    i got my mat handbook from work and its says that i get all the benefits i would normally, exept bank holidays, well im not getting all the benefits then am i.....doh!!!
    My MW is a proper dipstick to, when i asked the surgery to put a remimder in the diary for her to issue my matb1 form, she rang me and asked if id seen her before.....erh, yes, then when i went to pick up the form, id had my baby 4 weeks ago.....good god!!!
    always on the lookout for a bargin always better when its free!!:T

  • nessquic80
    nessquic80 Posts: 328 Forumite
    oh, oh, just got my two stars:j:j
    always on the lookout for a bargin always better when its free!!:T

  • Jvic28
    Jvic28 Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    Shelvis, we don't mind you moaning, we're pregnant ladies... It's what we do best... That and eating ;)

    I don't know if its the same with you, but I've found that I have the occasional good day where I don't ache or hobble quite so much.... Fingers crossed its the same for you... Nothing else I can offer really apart from try and do as much sitting around as you can :)
    I find sitting reclined or lying down is the only real way to help me. When I'm sitting at my desk in work I end up in agony in the evening. I had the day off yesterday and spent the day in a reclined chair and hardly had any pain last night at all.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No 190
    17/05/08 - Total on DMP: £10025.70
    07/05/14 - Total on DMP: £1666.20 DFD: July 2017!!
    Baby Tomos born 5th June 2009 - 6lb 5oz :j
    Weight Loss Target - to lose 60.8lb by NYE 2015 - 37.6lb TO GO
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,238 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    nessquic80 wrote: »
    i got my mat handbook from work and its says that i get all the benefits i would normally, exept bank holidays, well im not getting all the benefits then am i.....doh!!!

    check your employment contract - if it states you are entitled to 25 days holiday plus x bank holidays then I'd contest that :)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

    My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    AM - Fantastic news on OH getting a job :j
    Feelie, have you ever heard of cranial osteopathy for babies? A lot of people have found it really beneficial for feeding.
    I know a few people who swear by this for creating a happy content baby after weeks of screaming monsters..
    Icklebeans wrote: »
    Tine, believe me - you aren't missing anything! I have never broken legs etc so no idea what my pain threshold is but this is very painful esp when trying not to pee myself at the same time.
    I 'hurt' my arm when I was 13, went to see a play at school and when I got home about 4hours afterwards asked my Mum to bandage my arm coz it was sore she said "I think we better take you to A&E in the morning"
    Me: Why??
    Mum: coz I'm 99% sure you've broken your arm!:rotfl:
    Does that mean I have a high pain threshold??

    Hypno - so glad you went to doc's, hopefully work will see that if they want/need to let you go that they have to do it properly!! Enjoy ur 2 weeks and maybe more :)
    candice56 wrote: »
    Im still catching up but what on earth!!!!! more warning next time.... i was busy reading the you tube msg saying are you in the UK when I scroll down and see that!!! arghhhh very very freaky and im sure nobodys letter box is that long??!!!! :confused::eek::rotfl:
    :rotfl:letterbox :p
    From what I've seen of births thats what it looks like only not as sterile looking _pale_ OH and I have agreed that we don't need to ever discuss what he may or may not have seen/see down there during my birth/s ;)
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.