We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…260261263265266…502

Comments

  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    jennynoo wrote: »
    Thank you! You sorted me out in such a short time - are you an expert in human behavior or something? I feel so much better now. I love the idea of the new team member, might do it today :)
    :rotfl:Glad to be of service :D

    Skinty - the classes vary wildly by area! My ones in my hometown were absolute pants but the ones where I live now (about 5 miles away) are fab! :p
    are the private ones run by NCT? I'd think those would be the best but you will have to arrange ur own hosp tour if you wanted to check it out just in case you encounter a hosp dash in ur labour
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    shelvis wrote: »
    Yes my upright work chair is hardest on my groin pain. If i sit on sofa with knees higher than pevlis it's ok. Will see what happens as am having my second trimester risk assessment in a couple of weeks for DSE.

    Have you seen this?? How impossibly beautiful are her kids?? It's so unfair! Not that my boy isn't beautiful to me of course but these kids are already model lookers!!
    http://www.pop!!!!!.com/home/2009/04/13/ladyboy-babies-presley-walker-gerber/

    But the boy looks like a girl!
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    shelvis wrote: »
    Yes my upright work chair is hardest on my groin pain. If i sit on sofa with knees higher than pevlis it's ok. Will see what happens as am having my second trimester risk assessment in a couple of weeks for DSE.

    Have you seen this?? How impossibly beautiful are her kids?? It's so unfair! Not that my boy isn't beautiful to me of course but these kids are already model lookers!!
    http://www.pop!!!!!.com/home/2009/04/13/ladyboy-babies-presley-walker-gerber/

    loving the comment
    Q: What’s the difference between Cindy Crawford’s son and Cindy Crawford’s daughter?
    A: Not enough
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Well yes currently but he is going to be a looker when he is older. Think like the long blond haired travis bloke with the massive package - he has feminine features too.

    Hungry and nothing in the house. Wonder if i can drive with his pain.....Macdonalds may be shouting me.
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    :rotfl:Glad to be of service :D

    Skinty - the classes vary wildly by area! My ones in my hometown were absolute pants but the ones where I live now (about 5 miles away) are fab! :p
    are the private ones run by NCT? I'd think those would be the best but you will have to arrange ur own hosp tour if you wanted to check it out just in case you encounter a hosp dash in ur labour

    They are run a local breakaway group who used to be NCT!

    I have seen the hospital when I had to go in for my bleeding, so I don;t really need a visit as I've seen the basics already, so probably I'll leave it as the private ones are six classes in Marlow (down the road from where I live) and I reckon i'll make more friends at those than at the NHS ones (which will be full of people off the estates :o ).
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • Icklebeans
    Icklebeans Posts: 295 Forumite
    Skinty - I have only done the Parentcraft classes and found them useful and free! Also then accidentally came across a breathing class at physiotherapy at the hospital and that was an hours class. That's all I have had.
    Proud mother of twin boys - double the trouble and twice the pleasure! :T
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    skintchick wrote: »
    They are run a local breakaway group who used to be NCT!

    I have seen the hospital when I had to go in for my bleeding, so I don;t really need a visit as I've seen the basics already, so probably I'll leave it as the private ones are six classes in Marlow (down the road from where I live) and I reckon i'll make more friends at those than at the NHS ones (which will be full of people off the estates :o ).
    I know what u mean tho, I have no desire to make friends with any of my parentcraft class :whistle: no snobs here :p
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    I know what u mean tho, I have no desire to make friends with any of my parentcraft class :whistle: no snobs here :p

    I know it sounds bad, but at my church we have a huge mix of people, from very rich to poor, and I find i really don;t have anything in common with the people who live on the estates. I find it hard enough talking to OH's family (who live on a council estate but not here) as we just don;t have anything in common.

    Plus, with my views on BF, HB etc., I'm guessing i'd be in a minority at the NHs classes.
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    skintchick wrote: »
    I know it sounds bad, but at my church we have a huge mix of people, from very rich to poor, and I find i really don;t have anything in common with the people who live on the estates. I find it hard enough talking to OH's family (who live on a council estate but not here) as we just don;t have anything in common.

    Plus, with my views on BF, HB etc., I'm guessing i'd be in a minority at the NHs classes.
    well we've not covered pain in class yet - they're in may but the impression I got from the breastfeeding class was that everyone there would be going to hosp for an epidural and almost all of them hadn't a clue about breast feeding and hadn't even looked into what it involved.
    I know I am a snob, my mum brought me up to be one :p I'm not ashamed of how/where we grew up, but we work at getting out of it , 99% of the kids that where around while we were growing up are now just like their parents living on a council estate on benefits with no qualifications :(

    Did you say you were doing a mystery shop today? is it anywhere good? I keep forgetting to do the little tests to get the decent ones so all I've done are burger joints :rolleyes:
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    skintchick wrote: »
    Shall I just not bother? Has anyone done these Parentcraft classes?

    I only did the NCT classes, not the Parentcraft ones. Half my NCT group went to them too, mainly for the social side - they didn't cover anything we didn't cover at the NCT classes.

    Classes for me was about meeting people, we've all started having our babies now and are sharing lots of emails and photos!

    I wouldn't worry about missing them.
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.