We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Pregnancy Club IX
Comments
-
I asked about ante-natal and was informed they were now 'Parentcraft classes'.
MW said to book on for around 32 weeks but when I phoned to book (I didn't want to risk them being full nearer the time) I was told I could only book on after 34 weeks. So mine are 10th August to 7th September (38w) so lets' hope Bean's not early otherwise I'll be completely clueless!!
Work feels really hard today - and My tummy hurts and I wanna go home!
Got so many different services to offer and fit in around the bog standard work we do but I've got no extra nurses to do the work! Roll on September :rotfl:A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea
Where does the time go? :think:0 -
I just had my NCT classes confirmed but i am doing the NHS ones as well, I decided on the NCT ones because I wanted to meet other mums in Windsor, so i had a little social network that was all local and all hopefully the kind of mums and kids I want my baby to be around, if that makes me a snob then so be it....i don't think it is snobby though, i just want the best for my baby!0
-
the last of my NCT classes is on my birthday too...hope they'll buy me a cake! :bdaycake:0
-
Nursing and maternity bras by Emily B on eBay!!! (underwired)
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/emilybnursingbra_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ
I thought they were 'back of lorry', but just got an email from them about postage. They are actually last years styles being sold on eBay for £3.99 + £2.00 postage.
Anyway, I've 3 coming so will let you know what they are like. Thought you girls may want a look-see0 -
IMO I don't think I can justify paying for something which I will get for free - I would rather keep the money to allow me to have more time off with Bean.
It will be nice to meet people thou and our town is split into 6 sections for Parentcraft and only people from the nice area where I can live can go to the local centre so hopefully the people will be just like me! And I hope I meet someone who I can get friendly with and then share childcare with!!!A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea
Where does the time go? :think:0 -
Hi
I first came here on Sunday as I had a positive test. If all goes well I will be due around 23 dec - if I am any good at maths - so I am five weeks - I think! Made my first appointment with the doctor for next Monday. Still excited but nervous something will go wrong. Had lots of cramping. Felt a right idiot as I just read letting your bladder too full makes it worse... went loo and guess what they diminished.
0 -
well we've not covered pain in class yet - they're in may but the impression I got from the breastfeeding class was that everyone there would be going to hosp for an epidural and almost all of them hadn't a clue about breast feeding and hadn't even looked into what it involved.
I know I am a snob, my mum brought me up to be one
I'm not ashamed of how/where we grew up, but we work at getting out of it , 99% of the kids that where around while we were growing up are now just like their parents living on a council estate on benefits with no qualifications 
Did you say you were doing a mystery shop today? is it anywhere good? I keep forgetting to do the little tests to get the decent ones so all I've done are burger joints :rolleyes:
It was yesterday, for a bank, so nothing exciting at all but a little extra cash (although after tax it's only about £7.50).:cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool::heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
0 -
Hi Mrsapple, congrats and welcome.
Thanks Tiami, I've just put a bid on the 36F
they look really nice!! 0 -
All caught up now but ive got to get ready to go out, taking DH and friend to footie match - hour away, kick off is at 8:45 so its a drinking session really. Im gonna go round shops but know il be shattered. Figure it will be his last boys outing for a while.
Finished my 'parentcraft' classes last week, they were pants!! occassionally spoke about 'this is when you'll use your breathing' BUT they never showed us any techniques or even spoke about them!!!! saw 2 old videos and learnt that we need to use the night entrance after hours at the hospital - oooh wow.
Cant afford to go to other classes - dh no time either.
Anyway Im officially a beached whale but still 4 weeks to go Im 36+1 today, yay!!:j
Baby born May 29th 09
:jIf you didn't know how old you were, how old would you be?:AI won a Mauve Lip Gloss (17/8/9)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards