We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…255256258260261…502

Comments

  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Feelie, have you ever heard of cranial osteopathy for babies? A lot of people have found it really beneficial for feeding.
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Glam, just for you ;)BFAR (breastfeeding after reduction) ignore the picture on this link, it's an awful demonstration of positioning!...

    U r a star - I shall add you to my fountain of all knowledge list along with Sami and MrsT. You are all full of useful information which has made my life a lot easier!

    If it wasn't for MrsT I wouldn't have realised that I had to get work to agree to me carrying leave over into next year to tag onto my mat leave - fortunately they agreed!

    I will try and find some time to read thru that website later on over the weekend. I also need to contact my BF co-ordinator to see what she knows.

    I've not really got an opinion on BF and FF with this being my first - I would love to BF because of the benefits to baby and my purse but I may physically not be able to so wouldn't have a choice. Damn these boobs!!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • Icklebeans
    Icklebeans Posts: 295 Forumite
    OMG - I never knew Braxton Hicks could be so painful!

    Everynight is agony for about seven times and around 5 minutes each time. Owwwwwwwwwwww :(
    Proud mother of twin boys - double the trouble and twice the pleasure! :T
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,238 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    *potters off to ask MSE towers if she can have a special title of "The oracle"....*
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

    My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,238 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Ickle I still haven't had any BH :( I'm feeling left out now...
    I just can't wait for this baby to come out I really can't... Think I might need to stop off later and buy pineapples... LOL
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

    My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • Icklebeans
    Icklebeans Posts: 295 Forumite
    Tine, believe me - you aren't missing anything! I have never broken legs etc so no idea what my pain threshold is but this is very painful esp when trying not to pee myself at the same time.
    Proud mother of twin boys - double the trouble and twice the pleasure! :T
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    HypnoNu wrote: »
    Morning ladies,
    I tortured myself about this all night last night and then this morning decided to bite the bullet and see the doctor who was lovely and has signed me off for 2 weeks initially and said if I need it extended then to just let them know and it'll be done, I still kind of hate myself for being off but the relief is unbelievable...
    It'll be good to focus on just me and bellybean instead of this nightmare at work all day and night....thankyou all for the hugs and advice yesterday, I just needed to get it out of my head....

    Good for you - just relax, make the most of the weather and spend lots of time stroking jellybean! Remember - Happy Mum = Happy Baby

    I am trying to get OH more involved with Bean so last night I told him some of the things you girls do like naked cuddles and putting Bean up his t-shirt for a bit! All he wants to do is crack on with Perineum Massage :rotfl:
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,238 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    HypnoNu - as someone who ended up signed off for quite a while I know what you mean - I didn't WANT to be off sick - I wanted to be allowed to get on with my job but work made it so difficult to work round the problems I was having that in the end I gave up and asked to be signed off... They could have had about another 7-8 weeks work out of me if they had only been more accomodating and less narky about things... But noooooooooooooooo - they had to get difficult and refuse to let me work from home - which btw was never a problem before I got pregnant and isn't a problem for anyone else in the team either... dafties... :)
    Anyway - don't feel guilty about it... if the doctor doesn't feel you should be off sick then they wouldn't sign you off :) so enjoy the peace and quiet :)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

    My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • Do work really have to let you carry holidays over. my company has always made it really clear that hols have to be used before the end of march or they will be lost, and we cant take them until we have accrued them so i thought i would have to lose 2 weeks holiday.

    Sami - could you save the old covers for your HB, i was planning on saving all old towels and bedding for mine.
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Hypno - sorry to hear about your work troubles, but glad to hear your GP is on board!

    mooki - happy news that you and your DH have cleared the air! Sometimes it just takes a really huge fight/breakdown for all parties to see they're being silly and resolve things.


    This week is going to seem soooooooooooooo long, as it's the 1st 5-day week for me in quite awhile! (with holidays & bank holidays and all) Glad May BH is so soon!!
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.