We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…254255257259260…502

Comments

  • Hurrah for new jobs!

    I am attempting to work from home today but I can't find a comfy position to seat my laptop. Grrrrr.

    Hope everyone is well today :)
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    edited 21 April 2009 at 8:28AM
    morning all!! :D
    sugarspun so sorry you're having all these problems at the moment. hope you get everything back today. and you are feeling better as well.
    duuno what it is at the moment people seem hellbent on stressing us pregnant mothers!! *waving fist* go away and leave us alone! :mad::mad:

    havent read the 'debate' on the parent thread but i did read the majority of the article that krystal posted here. BF v FF will always raise arguments. its amazing now that i think of it but the whole thing of raising children, being preganant etc brings out a side of people that i dont like. sometimes i feel like i'm being talked down to and feel a bit of an idiot. :o
    thats why i like on here :j cos no-one does that. and no question or musing is wrong. and there is always someone to point you in the right direction for 'official advice'
    :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

    18 weeks today!! only another 22+ to go!!!
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    morning bump buddies ...
    i woke up thinking id slept in and id only fallen back asleep for about 15mins :rotfl: so plenty of time as i dont leave til 9:20 :D but at least im ready ....
    dont wanna work today i wanna go lay in the sun tell a lie i wanna go to the beach but heyho work it is im gonna work through and not take a lunch so i can finish at 3 again :D im cheeky :D x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Morning!

    I feel shattered today as I'm in really early for me! Not sleeping great at the moment - can feel that pg insomonia starting me thinks!

    Jillie - 18 weeks today :T

    If anyone else tells me how HUGE I look I might smack them - everyone's like 'Wow r u only 18 weeks?' - My bump is starting to hurt now and feel uncomfortable when I bend over or lean to the side - I feel like I'm squashing Bean!

    Just gonna nip back and catch up from last night
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    Great news on job AM! Fingers crossed for us too, found out OH doesn't have a job to go back to yesterday!
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    I don't give advice, I give information and support :p

    And there's no reason why you can't feed with enhancement... It's actually more likely that ducts weren't cut than reduction surgery...

    Krystal - any websites or info that you know of for people who have reduction surgery (twice)? Like stats as to whether it's likely I can BF - I had the Anchor Shape surgery
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • Millie's_Mum
    Millie's_Mum Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    I don't want to ignite the BF/FF debate on here but can I just say that I think I could have been better prepared for Breastfeeding and so can I recommend to all you ladies who are intending to BF that you do a bit of reading about breastfeeding and how it works?

    I've had some incredibly dodgy advice from health professionals (and other people) when I've asked questions about BF/positioning/whats normal for a BF baby/breastmilk and so I now do a bit of research before I ask or to check out the answers I've been given.

    Maybe Krystal could offer some 'recommended reading'? (I mean things like what you said yesterday about empty breasts, My HV is always banging on about empty breasts and you said thats a myth)
    MFW Start Sep 07 £79484, Now £58774
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    YAYY!!! AM OH! and im sure your OH will find another one soon feelie x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    I don't want to ignite the BF/FF debate on here but can I just say that I think I could have been better prepared for Breastfeeding and so can I recommend to all you ladies who are intending to BF that you do a bit of reading about breastfeeding and how it works?

    I agree with that. The only way I'm (just about coping) with my failure at breastfeeding is the fact that I know I really did know what to do, it just didn't work. I can take some solace in the fact that more than 12 full qualified people haven't been able to get him to feed - it just isn't working!
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Glam, just for you ;)BFAR (breastfeeding after reduction) ignore the picture on this link, it's an awful demonstration of positioning!

    MM, the one that most people would recommend is called 'So that's what they're for' by Janet Tamaro... And for those that read the article and found the global stuff interesting, The Politics of Breastfeeding by Gabrielle Palmer is fantastic. Originally written in 1988, it's been updated this year... I've been fortunate enough to meet Gabrielle and hear her talk a couple of times, and some of the information she has is an absolute eye opener... Especially about our own government and the dairy industry...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.