🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Botox, what's a good price ??

Options

Comments

• lamarsi
    lamarsi Posts: 805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hiya i know of a good plastic surgen in preston lancashire, i have had work done by him (chemical peel, botox, lazer) and at the moment they have an offer for botox for £75 per area. It's not a back streat job, really lovely clinic qualified nurses and he used to work for the NHS for donkeys years, if interested google plastic surgery in preston and it's called sandon house clinic. co . uk :) i shall be popping back there myself in a couple of weeks
    get rid of all the pounds by summer !!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    Was -£8900 NOW-£5000 PAID- £3900
    Get rid of the weight, pay the debt, then get myself a campavan! :T
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lamarsi wrote: »
    hiya i know of a good plastic surgen in preston lancashire, i have had work done by him (chemical peel, botox, lazer) and at the moment they have an offer for botox for £75 per area. It's not a back streat job, really lovely clinic qualified nurses and he used to work for the NHS for donkeys years, if interested google plastic surgery in preston and it's called sandon house clinic. co . uk :) i shall be popping back there myself in a couple of weeks

Hmmm. I'd be a bit dubious. A 100 unit vial of botox costs £120. Once its opened it only lasts for a week or two.

If they open one, do one area for £75, they could lose a few quid if they've got to chuck it after.
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • nayfiction
    Options
    Dundanion wrote: »
    I'm shocked. I rang Hylagen in Northern Ireland, and questioned them on their credientals. I was happy enough with the nurses experience, and then asked them if they were registered with the RQIA (the regulatary body for cosmetic clinics) The receptionist tried to side step the question by replying that they did not have to be registered (ie the licence to trade) for administering injectables. When I pushed her to answer the question, "were they registered?" to perform the other treatments that they advertise, she eventually replied "No".
    What this means to me is that these people operate to no official guidelines and restrictions, and that they operate their other treatments in a venue that has not been passed as any standard, and that they do not operate within the law for Northern Ireland. Some people may be desperate to save money, But I could not recommend Hylagen.
    Hmmm....that is tricky.
    not sure about Northern Ireland, but in England, you do not have to be registered with the Healthcare commission to administer Botox, fillers or peels cosmetically. However, you have to be trained and insured, cosmetically (please see my previous post here). does not mean you are dodgy. However, you should scrutinize the person's credentials first before sitting to receive the treatment.it appears from your post that the rules in Northern ireland is entirely different?
  • nayfiction
    Options
    lamarsi wrote: »

i really would advice caution with 'knock down prices'. if it is a cosmetic training school, then i can understand the reduced rate because you are being 'practiced' on by surgeons, doctors, dentists etc in training. if it isn't....again, i would advice caution
  • Alenasky
    Alenasky Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Price of botox varies depends on where you live also where you go smaller places need to charge higher prices as it is very expensive and the volume of clients are low, larger cosmetic companies can afford to charge you less so they are actually loosing money but they try and sell you other products and surgery, also it may be a doctoe or a nurse that administers it, my advise go with the nurse option! x good luck oh and if you near lincolnshire pop by lol
  • polegirl23
    polegirl23 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    I have had my botox done by a GP recommended to me by someone on here. I paid £190 for one area at first (line across forehead), then I decided I wanted another area done aswell (frown lines) so paid another £60. I have been back three times in six weeks for a bit more until I got the look that I was after and haven't had to pay any more aftrer the initial payment. I'm really pleased with the results and it didn't hurt as much as I was expecting! :)
  • paulfoel
    Options
    polegirl23 wrote: »
    I have had my botox done by a GP recommended to me by someone on here. I paid £190 for one area at first (line across forehead), then I decided I wanted another area done aswell (frown lines) so paid another £60. I have been back three times in six weeks for a bit more until I got the look that I was after and haven't had to pay any more aftrer the initial payment. I'm really pleased with the results and it didn't hurt as much as I was expecting! :)

Thats a bit expensive...
  • Lizzy
    Lizzy Posts: 385 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, As the OP I have just been catching up on the debate that has grown over the months.

I have been very happy with Surgicare Manchester. They charge £310 for 3 areas and £145 for 1 area. My problem is that it is only lasting 3ish months so I cant afford to keep having it done and it is a long way for me to travel.

Sooooo I am still looking for something nearer and cheaper. You would think that this was easy but oh no.... Nobody will tell you over the phone or by internet what their prices are per area. They want to get you in for the "Free Consultation" then sell sell sell. They think that you will fall in love with the cosy exquisite surroundings and pay anything, a quote from Harley Medical was £470 for 3 areas. Where this figure was plucked from I have no idea. I also THINK that companies go by "what you look like" (lets ask for a bit more because she has some nice diamonds on her fingers).

A word of advice to anyone doing Botox is publish your prices and make sure you are competative. Stick to that price and don't change it when the customer comes along just because it might involve a couple of extra pricks. We will decide if we want you/trust you to do it and check out your qualifications, before and after photos and clients we can contact.

I may have found a cheaper nearer place but I don't know because they aint tellin !!!! so they never got me through their doors or had any recommendations I may have passed their way.

The search goes on....and on.....and on........
  • paulfoel
    Options
    Lizzy wrote: »
    Hi, As the OP I have just been catching up on the debate that has grown over the months.

I have been very happy with Surgicare Manchester. They charge £310 for 3 areas and £145 for 1 area. My problem is that it is only lasting 3ish months so I cant afford to keep having it done and it is a long way for me to travel.

Sooooo I am still looking for something nearer and cheaper. You would think that this was easy but oh no.... Nobody will tell you over the phone or by internet what their prices are per area. They want to get you in for the "Free Consultation" then sell sell sell. They think that you will fall in love with the cosy exquisite surroundings and pay anything, a quote from Harley Medical was £470 for 3 areas. Where this figure was plucked from I have no idea. I also THINK that companies go by "what you look like" (lets ask for a bit more because she has some nice diamonds on her fingers).

A word of advice to anyone doing Botox is publish your prices and make sure you are competative. Stick to that price and don't change it when the customer comes along just because it might involve a couple of extra pricks. We will decide if we want you/trust you to do it and check out your qualifications, before and after photos and clients we can contact.

I may have found a cheaper nearer place but I don't know because they aint tellin !!!! so they never got me through their doors or had any recommendations I may have passed their way.

The search goes on....and on.....and on........

We tell everyone our prices up front. £169 for one, £209 for two, £249 for three. This you'll will find is pretty cheap.

We also do free check up two weeks after with free top-up if necessary.

Beware of the ones who do one area so cheaply. This is a loss leader - they're just assuming they can talk you into more than one area.

I'd be a bit concerned its only lasting three months - it should last much longer than this - 5/6 months. Quite possibly they're scrimping on the amount they inject to save a bit of money and get you coming back more often.

Of course, if you ever find yourself in South Wales, give us a shout !!!!
  • Amanita_2
    Amanita_2 Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2010 at 11:38AM
    Options
    Lizzy wrote: »
    My problem is that it is only lasting 3ish months so I cant afford to keep having it done and it is a long way for me to travel.

You would think that this was easy but oh no.... Nobody will tell you over the phone or by internet what their prices are per area. They want to get you in for the "Free Consultation" then sell sell sell

My first treatment only lasted a bare three months but each one since then has taken effect quicker and lasted longer. The third treatment lasted over 6 months and I expect the 4th which I've just had to last longer still.

I think the constant attempts to upsell are because you are trying to do it on the cheap. My practioner charges about the average for this part of the world but actually talked me OUT of having botox in one area because she didn't think it would work. I'd rather pay a little more and be happy with the result than try and save a few £££ and be disappointed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure