🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Botox, what's a good price ??

Options

Comments

• Mutter_2
    Mutter_2 Posts: 1,307 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not meaning to sound aggressive, but I do feel that you've put the horse before the cart as it were, in promoting your wife as a Botox practioner even before she has trained.

After training, she should Botox her family and friends at cost, long before she works on the public at full price. I'm sure you'd love to have your ll's done between your eyebrows as her first client.!!

I'll PM you, might be of interest or not.
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mutter wrote: »
    I'm not meaning to sound aggressive, but I do feel that you've put the horse before the cart as it were, in promoting your wife as a Botox practioner even before she has trained.

After training, she should Botox her family and friends at cost, long before she works on the public at full price. I'm sure you'd love to have your ll's done between your eyebrows as her first client.!!

I'll PM you, might be of interest or not.

Well, just trying to whip up some business to pay back the cost of the course/insurance.

To be honest, the plan is to practice on friends/family first. As for me, to be honest I'm not keen! :-)
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • poppy38_2
    Options
    I'm a bit disappointed to see people's comments about not wanting nurses to do their Botox. I find it offensive actually. In all of the clinics where I worked, the dentists had far more complaints than me - I've had none and now have a large client base. I think 23 years nursing, 5 years in aesthetics & cosmetic surgery makes me perfectly capable of injecting Botox competently. I'm amazed that people on here dismiss nurses. Sometimes, beleive it or not, we can actually do it better. I constantly keep myself updated with the newest techniques, and treat all my family & friends. And myself...
  • poppy38_2
    Options
    Oh, and Hylagen do NOT offer 'Botox' for £99/£139/£159. It is 'Botox' OR 'Dysport'. Botox is FDA approved, Dysport is NOT.
    Botox is more effective. Dysport has more side effects. And Dysport is cheaper.
    So you may end up with Dysport, which I wouldn't touch.
  • paulfoel
    Options
    poppy38 wrote: »
    I'm a bit disappointed to see people's comments about not wanting nurses to do their Botox. I find it offensive actually. In all of the clinics where I worked, the dentists had far more complaints than me - I've had none and now have a large client base. I think 23 years nursing, 5 years in aesthetics & cosmetic surgery makes me perfectly capable of injecting Botox competently. I'm amazed that people on here dismiss nurses. Sometimes, beleive it or not, we can actually do it better. I constantly keep myself updated with the newest techniques, and treat all my family & friends. And myself...

Spot on...
  • paulfoel
    Options
    can anyone recommend anyone in the Hampshire area please PM me

Thanks

Not far to Newport !!!! :-)
  • nayfiction
    Options
    Hello All,
    I have been following this thread for a while now with a mixture of amusement, horror and annoyance at some of the incorrect and occasionally inflammatory comments made in some posts.
    Knowledge is wealth and in so saying that, I would like to clarify a few misconceptions. I apologise for the rather long response in advance:
    1. Botulinum toxin type A is the active ingredient in trade names such as Botox, Vistabel, Azzalure, Dysport, Xeomin and other brand names in this group. There is also a Botulinum toxin type B and other serotypes but the ‘Type A’s’ are what we commonly use in Aesthetic treatment or cosmetic treatment of the face, neck and chest area in Europe and the US
    2. To prevent writer’s cramp, I am going to refer to ‘Botox’ when commenting on all the Botulinum toxin type A products but please be aware that I am referring to most if not all of the Botulinum toxin type A products in this post
    3. Yes, Botox is related to botulism (but in a much more dilute, purified and hopefully pleasant format to the latter) as witnessed by Dr Wuttemberg in 1817. (St Vitus’ dance)
    4. In the UK, Vistabel and Azzalure are the only licensed forms of ‘Botox’ for use in cosmetic treatments for the lower forehead area (glabella).
    5. Botox, Dysport and the rest are NOT licensed for use in cosmetic treatments in the UK
    6. what does 4 and 5 mean to you?? Well, not a great deal as ALL these products have been used safely and effectively (in the right ‘hands’) for quite a while now unlicensed in cosmetic as well as unlicensed in some medical treatments (tension headaches anyone?) in Europe and the US
    7. Botox has been researched clinically since the 1970’s and received it’s first FDA approval in the late 1980’s for the treatment of eye squints and face spasms
    8. since then it has been used in the treatment of eye disorders, face and neck spasms, bladder problems, excessive sweating, excessive drooling but to name a few
    9. it was found to improve wrinkles by 2 professors in Canada by accident, whilst they were treating some of their patients for other medical conditions.
    10. it is also used at a much more higher dose (to that used in the cosmetic treatment of adults), in the safe treatment of children suffering from excessive stiffness of the limbs (spasticity in Cerebral Palsy)
    11. in the US Botox and Dysport are FDA approved. Yes, that is correct, Dysport is FDA approved. This I found out at the last ‘Botox’ medical conference I attended in October 2009 in LA
    12.regarding the comment made about the superiority of Botox over Dysport, in one post…….i’m afraid I do not agree with that. There is no scientific impartial evidence to value one of the Botox type brands over the other. If you or indeed anyone else has any scientific evidence to support this claim, then I would be interested in scrutinising it. Otherwise, it is best to keep comments like that to yourself.
    13. Now on the rather touchy subject of who is a better injector of botox or not…..please note, you really should only allow a TRAINED doctor, dentist, surgeon or nurse anywhere near where you want treated. Now training quality is variable and injector skill from this is the fall out. Most injectors want to do a grand job, and most do. No one group can honestly claim to be better than the other as they have not compared themselves in a contest of all injectors within or outside the uk. Any such claims should be either laughed at or quizzed thoroughly as it is a claim from an unprofessional being.
    Your main aim as a potential client is to scrutinise their training, their experience, although having said that the most ‘experienced’ might not necessarily mean the best (as they could have been taught incorrectly and have just done a shed load of injections on millions of people ….well, incorrectly), recommendations, insurance protection and your personal research.
    14. In my opinion, aesthetic treatments such as Botox and dermal fillers(such as Restylane) is an art form as well as a scientific discipline. If you pay peanuts, you might get monkeys in some but not all cases.
    15. The 2 major cosmetic insurance companies are Ceart and Hamilton Fraser. I’m sure there are others but these are the main leaders I know of in the UK. All injectors should have valid Insurance. Ask for their certificates.
    Finally, a kind word….. Avoid Beauticians and such (except the groups mentioned in 13) who tout these treatments. Avoid them like the plague! The latter disease will be most pleasant compared to the potential risks you place your face and life in when treated with Botox by these characters
    I hope this helps
    Kind regards
  • Dundanion
    Options
    I'm shocked. I rang Hylagen in Northern Ireland, and questioned them on their credientals. I was happy enough with the nurses experience, and then asked them if they were registered with the RQIA (the regulatary body for cosmetic clinics) The receptionist tried to side step the question by replying that they did not have to be registered (ie the licence to trade) for administering injectables. When I pushed her to answer the question, "were they registered?" to perform the other treatments that they advertise, she eventually replied "No".
    What this means to me is that these people operate to no official guidelines and restrictions, and that they operate their other treatments in a venue that has not been passed as any standard, and that they do not operate within the law for Northern Ireland. Some people may be desperate to save money, But I could not recommend Hylagen.
  • Isklar
    Isklar Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone make any recommendations for getting botox in Cheshire?
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got mine for free in St Helens on the Nhs, but that was for a problem with my eyes not to make me look better.
    To make me look better would take a lot more than botox.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport