Botox, what's a good price ??

Options

Comments

• Amanita_2
    Amanita_2 Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Options
    Mine is done privately by a local GP. I only have the frown lines done and it costs me £175 but that does include a second appointment and "top up" two weeks later if the effects are not strong enough. This does mean that the degree of paralysis can be fine tuned to avoid that dreadful frozen look. She also puts a couple of shots above the eyebrows to give the effect of an eyelift.

First treatment only lasted 3 months but the second 5 months and the interval continues to increase :j
  • mr_rush
    mr_rush Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    Figures from the indemnity insurers are showing that dentists are being claimed against less than Drs!!

But we do do an awful lot more head & neck anatomy in our training than Drs

Dear Toothsmith, if you look at my original post I said dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Not any doctor, nurse or dentist off the street.

I'll maintain my original point: it is best to get a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to do this kind of work.

Best wishes
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,075 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    mr_rush wrote: »
    Figures from the indemnity insurers are showing that dentists are being claimed against less than Drs!!

But we do do an awful lot more head & neck anatomy in our training than Drs.

Dear Toothsmith, if you look at my original post I said dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Not any doctor, nurse or dentist off the street.

I'll maintain my original point: it is best to get a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to do this kind of work.

Best wishes

And I'd agree!!

Just scoring a point!! :D
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • BelindaLee
    BelindaLee Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    COLLAGEN3 wrote: »
    Hi
    A new company has launched called Hylagen.com. They are very professional and offer Botox 1 area for £99. 2 areas for £139 and 3 areas for £159. Its a new concept as they use an online booking system and its so easy to use. I had my Botox done with them last friday and have to say they are very honest and caring in their work. Check them out.:j
    Thanks for sharing with us.
  • absolutebounder
    absolutebounder Posts: 20,305 Forumite
    Options
    BOTOX the most toxic protein known and people want to inject it into them selves:confused:
    Who I am is not important. What I do is.
  • Chipstter
    Chipstter Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Absolutebounder

Don't knock it till you've tried it! Does what it says on the tin :shocked: Can't do that anymore :)
  • Amanita_2
    Amanita_2 Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Options
    BOTOX the most toxic protein known and people want to inject it into them selves:confused:

I would FAR rather use Botox twice a year which is extremely well tested for cosmetic use as well as for medical use then use the high tech creams and lotions now available. Many of these are based on nano technology which is far from proven safe and various chemicals that have NOT been fully tested to the same standards.

Oh and Botox actually works :rotfl:
  • stylus360
    stylus360 Posts: 448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BelindaLee wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing with us.

Just been on their site and it only lists clinics in Northern Ireland. ??
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Toothsmith wrote: »

But we do do an awful lot more head & neck anatomy in our training than Drs.

Know any good indemnity insurers?
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • stylus360
    stylus360 Posts: 448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    COLLAGEN3 wrote: »
    Hi
    A new company has launched called Hylagen.com. They are very professional and offer Botox 1 area for £99. 2 areas for £139 and 3 areas for £159. Its a new concept as they use an online booking system and its so easy to use. I had my Botox done with them last friday and have to say they are very honest and caring in their work. Check them out.:j

Just been on their site and it only lists clinics in Northern Ireland. ??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback