Botox, what's a good price ??

Options

Comments

• Lizzy
    Lizzy Posts: 385 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

I've been back today because it has been 16 days and I was not really happy with the results. I could still frown a little, it had softened (between the eyes) considerably because before I'm sure I could have cracked a walnut with the power of the muscle there!. Also the lines around the eyes needed more attention as well. I did see a little improvement but not enough to justify the cost. They did seem to agree and all has been done again except the forehead which had a good result.
    My friend asked did I have to pay again, nothing was mentioned so I just walked out I don't think Ill be charged again. I will keep my eye open for a bill in the post but I don't really think that will happen.

I could see that it was working for me but not enough for me to have it again re the cost. But now if this takes better Ill be addicted. The main thing is that nothing bad has happened. The doctor said she would not stop me from raising my brow because the way they are shaped she strongly feels that the brows would drop rather than lift, so I guess thats the bonus of having a doctor do it.

How are you getting on Mojoy ??
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    am I allowed to recommend someone who does botox?
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • lisawood78
    lisawood78 Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Options
    Reckon so, this is all about personal reccomendation, as long as its not advertising for personal gain (take note Collagen3!)
    2 angels in heaven :A
  • Lizzy
    Options
    paulfoel wrote: »
    am I allowed to recommend someone who does botox?

Hope it's near to me and a good price :D
  • paulfoel
    Options
    lisawood78 wrote: »
    Reckon so, this is all about personal reccomendation, as long as its not advertising for personal gain (take note Collagen3!)

better not then since its my wife !!!!;)
  • paulfoel
    Options
    Lizzy wrote: »
    Hope it's near to me and a good price :D

South Wales?
  • Princess_Jane
    Princess_Jane Posts: 896 Forumite
    Options
    I'm considering it too -31 this year and look younger IMO but noticing a few frown lines and had 'smile' lines for years - always smiling.

My SIL has just had her forehead done and looks no diff but is only 25.

Any recommendations for the North East pref Newcastle?
    DEBT FREE! Sep '08/£9,800 in Oct '06 :beer:
  • Lizzy
    Options
    paulfoel wrote: »
    South Wales?

North Wales (Chester). Never mind, just my luck.
  • Chipstter
    Chipstter Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Hello you brave Ladies!

I've been having Botox for about 3 years now, my Doctor is formally trained as a Gynocologist consultant but she branched out into the cosmetic industry as a sideline. She must be making a mint but she is lovely and has charged me 300 for 3 areas since I've been seeing her.

She keeps up to date with the latest techniques and always gives good advice. I get the odd bruise but that's due to very fine blood vessels in the face, nothing that some make up can't cover for a couple of days. There's no lasting marks when the bruise fades. Oddly, not many people will admit to Botox (me included) as it's almost like we are cheating, I told my partner who declared that I didn't need it. I said "you won't be saying that when you see me looking natural"! I'm in the Surrey area so if anyone is interested, send me a message and I'll give you some contact details.
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,075 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    mr_rush wrote: »

I would pay extra and have it done by a consultant dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

I would not get it done by nurses, dentists or god knows who else...

Figures from the indemnity insurers are showing that dentists are being claimed against less than Drs!!

But we do do an awful lot more head & neck anatomy in our training than Drs.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback