Botox, what's a good price ??

Options

Comments

• karenx
    karenx Posts: 4,988 Forumite
    Options
    mojy wrote: »
    No, it wasn't a national company that I used, they are based in Glasgow
    and also have a clinic just outside Glasgow I'm afraid.
    I'll keep posting the differences in the next couple of weeks as it is scary to take the plunge!
    Only discomfort I have today is in between my eyebrows. Nurse explained last night that Botox would not remove these lines, would only make them less noticable when frowning. I hadn't expected this as thought Botox would more or less remove them. She explained that this was only possible through filler or for better results filler and botox! I ended up having both but because this is on a bone it feels as though I'm having sinus problems today, slight headache etc. but nothing else.
    Teenage son joking with me today that I look like a teenager as the lines between nse and mouth have gone:rotfl:
    Kids think this is most amusing:D

Do u have a link for them? Ta!
  • stylus360
    stylus360 Posts: 448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://hylagen.com/botox.php.

They can not even be bothered to answer an email so i would not bother...:confused:
  • sadie22
    sadie22 Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    can anyone recomend a place/quailified person where they do botox in essex ?
    and how much for 3 areas ?
  • BelindaLee
    Options
    sadie22 wrote: »
    can anyone recomend a place/quailified person where they do botox in essex ?
    and how much for 3 areas ?
    I can't help you. I have no idea about Essex
  • Mutter_2
    Mutter_2 Posts: 1,307 Forumite
    Options
    paulfoel wrote: »
    am I allowed to recommend someone who does botox?
    This your wife right? As on another forum you were asking on the 9th of July, where your wife could go to be trained. A one day training is available for £700 if I remember correctly. Yes ONE DAY folks. Now it appears you don't know where to get insurance. Yet you see fit to recommend her services.:eek:

The reason I'm pointing this out to all here is to show just how easy it is for some to start injecting a deadly poison into your face and you won't know how many times they've injected successfully in the past. You may even be their first patient. They may not even be insured.

A personal recommendation from a friend is best and for what it's worth, I'd sooner a Dentist injected into my face anyday than a nurse.
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mutter wrote: »
    This your wife right? As on another forum you were asking on the 9th of July, where your wife could go to be trained. A one day training is available for £700 if I remember correctly. Yes ONE DAY folks. Now it appears you don't know where to get insurance. Yet you see fit to recommend her services.:eek:

The reason I'm pointing this out to all here is to show just how easy it is for some to start injecting a deadly poison into your face and you won't know how many times they've injected successfully in the past. You may even be their first patient. They may not even be insured.

A personal recommendation from a friend is best and for what it's worth, I'd sooner a Dentist injected into my face anyday than a nurse.

So you're not interested then? :-)

Where exactly did I say she would start practising without insurance? I think your imagination is running away with you a little here.

Botox - a deadly poison. Please get your facts right. It is RELATED to botulism, which is a poison, but it IS NOT THE SAME.

As for being first patient, everyone has got to start somewhere remember that.

If this isnt your thing then fair enough but please dont start criticising something you obviously have very little knowledge of.

As for the training aspect, it may only be one day, but all training and procedures followed thereafter are approved as good practice by both the General Medical Council and the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • Mutter_2
    edited 4 August 2009 at 10:32PM
    Options
    Am I interested? Oh, if only you knew.
    I have not said she is uninsured, though quite how you managed your inspection and insurance all on the 9th of July 2009 is beyond me.

I could give you loads of tips and advice. Two things worry me though. One is that you appear to be acting for your wife, where is she? Can't she speak for herself?

The second is that you don't understand Botox, and why should you? It's your wife that should be posting here if she wants to practise, not youIf this isnt your thing then fair enough but please dont start criticising something you obviously have very little knowledge of.
  • Mutter_2
    Options
    I just noticed this; "please dont start criticising something you obviously have very little knowledge of."

I'm so very glad you are not fronting me. The best advice I will give at present is to keep well out. She's the operator, not you.

Do you know where your supplies are coming from? Think about it.
    Regards.
  • paulfoel
    Options
    Am I interested? Oh, if only you knew.
    I have not said she is uninsured, though quite how you managed your inspection and insurance all on the 9th of July 2009 is beyond me.

I could give you loads of tips and advice. Two things worry me though. One is that you appear to be acting for your wife, where is she? Can't she speak for herself?

The second is that you don't understand Botox, and why should you? It's your wife that should be posting here if she wants to practise, not youIf this isnt your thing then fair enough but please dont start criticising something you obviously have very little knowledge of.

OK. So have you had a bad experience with botox?

No, you're right I'm not medically trained, but my wife is. I do, however, have the experience of running my own company etc which is where I come in. Shes going to be doing the medical stuff.

If there are any specific medical questions, then I'm sure my wife would be happy to post here. I'm not talking for her, but arent I allowed to comment on a business we are setting up jointly?

But, as a rule she doesnt frequent this forum, or the internet in general much. As you pointed out, shes the medical person (I'm the business/IT person).
  • paulfoel
    Options
    I just noticed this; "please dont start criticising something you obviously have very little knowledge of."

I'm so very glad you are not fronting me. The best advice I will give at present is to keep well out. She's the operator, not you.

Do you know where your supplies are coming from? Think about it.
    Regards.

I must admit I dont understand why you feel the need to be so aggressive towards me with this. I appreaciate everyone has a point of view though.

Also, I dont understand why you think I'm not allowed to comment on things. As I said earlier, I'm sure wife would be happy to answer any medical questions.

Supplies - yes, direct from manufacturer of botox in the uk (allergan).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure