Botox, what's a good price ??

Options

Comments

• mojy
    mojy Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    No, it wasn't a national company that I used, they are based in Glasgow
    and also have a clinic just outside Glasgow I'm afraid.
    I'll keep posting the differences in the next couple of weeks as it is scary to take the plunge!
    Only discomfort I have today is in between my eyebrows. Nurse explained last night that Botox would not remove these lines, would only make them less noticable when frowning. I hadn't expected this as thought Botox would more or less remove them. She explained that this was only possible through filler or for better results filler and botox! I ended up having both but because this is on a bone it feels as though I'm having sinus problems today, slight headache etc. but nothing else.
    Teenage son joking with me today that I look like a teenager as the lines between nse and mouth have gone:rotfl:
    Kids think this is most amusing:D
  • Lizzy
    Lizzy Posts: 385 Forumite
    Options
    Well if the kids notice a difference that has to be pretty good !!! they never hold anything back. Thanks for the update and I'm sure well worth the headache.
  • Lizzy
    Options
    I have just booked an apointment at Surgicare Manchester for Wed afternoon. This is from a recommendation from Honey06 who has had it done there before.

They have an offer on of £155 for one area £255 for two areas and £310 for three areas. Thats much cheaper than Harley Medical at £470 for three areas.

Probably spend the difference at the Trafford Centre knowing me.

Will let you all know how it goes.
  • mojy
    mojy Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    Well I've started to notice the botox working at the side of my eyes now. Very exciting!:j Still not so much between the eyebrows or above the mouth yet but I'm still hopeful.
  • carole.uk
    carole.uk Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    Options
    oh really want botox i need it on my frown lines can anyone recommend one in west yorkshire please
    IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!!:j:money:
  • Lizzy
    Options
    Well went and had it done today. It did'nt take long at all and had 3 areas done. The doctor was a lovely pretty little lady, she explained it all to me and I had it done there and then as I have been researching it for some time and had a consultation elsewhere (Harley Medical) as stated above. I was able to go shopping afterwards and about half an hour after having it done there were no obvious marks. Can't feel anything at the moment, it is as if I have not been. So fingers crossed for a good result in 7 to 10 days.

Sorry carole.uk as its my 1st time I can't recommend anyone near you.
  • cresbella
    cresbella Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    bump bump bumpitty bump...

I'm really interested in this, Ladies please keep us updated as to how your treatments work out.

I'd like it done and am in the Reading/Windsor area - can anyone give a recommendation.
  • Lizzy
    Options
    Well it's only been 2 days and the only sensation is a slight and I do mean slight heavy feeling when I raise my eyebrows. So nothing to report as yet.
  • lindsey_toffee_girl
    Options
    Keep us upadted how it goes that seems like a really good price I really want to get it but I know that when I do there will be no turning back!
    ehat age do you think you should get it at?
    Loves Vegas shopping and beauty products!
  • COLLAGEN3
    Options
    Hi.
    I don't think its a case of "What age should we start at". More a case of when do we Cosmetically need it. As it is a medical treatmrnt first and foremost and it is carried out by medical personnel a full consultation is needed to understand both your needs and expectations. Or to be very down to earth, if there is aline there is a possibility of Botox helping. If there is no lines then enjoy your youth. And yes it is a temporary solution, but just because you have it done once or twice doesnt really mean you have to keep it up forever. The lines will just gradually return, no worse then before, and you just get on with it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback