Natwest e-isa - delay in creating account?

Options
I'm an existing natwest customer and i already bank online with them, today (noon ish) i applied for a e-isa to stick some money in before the deadline, the thing is that natwest say that if you are an existing online customer the account open's 'immidatly'. all seemed sorted with the application and i deposited £1 in there to open it.
however when i have logged onto natwest tonight to view it and transfer over some more money its not listed, and i notice that the £1 has not gone from my account, so i assume that it hasn't been opened yet.
has anyone opened an e-isa with natwest and being an existing customer how long did it take to open, also can you confirm that you are actually able to see your e-isa account from your main statement screen on the online banking
Cheers
WN

Comments

• kingmonkey
    kingmonkey Posts: 846 Forumite
    Options
    For me it took 1 day to appear.
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 773 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just opened one, it also appeared on-line the next day.
    I just promised to send them £1 next year (but I won't) just because they insisted on an initial deposit even though I just wanted to transfer.

Also sent off the paperwork to transfer my existing NW Cash-ISA into the new E-ISA, the real test is how long that takes!
  • emeraldbugle
    emeraldbugle Posts: 1,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has it appeared today OP?

I've applied for one today. It gave me an account number straight away.

Hubby has also applied, he is a natwest customer, but doesn't bank online, anyone know how long for the paperwork to come through?
  • white_noise
    white_noise Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    Has it appeared today OP?

yep the acount has appeared today and i have chucked in the maximum i can.
    WN
  • spike87
    spike87 Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am also an online Natwest customer and opened an E-ISA with them yesterday. Still no sign of it in my accounts page though. Hopefully it'll show up this afternoon.

I have only opened it to transfer my existing A&L ISA, but had to put £1 as the opening balance. The transfer form pretty bad, they ask when the A&L should be transferred. Should I just put today's date?
  • cbrpaul
    cbrpaul Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    my wife and I opened a new e-isa account with First direct Sunday night just gone, my new isa account is showing online with from Yesturday , yet my wifes still isnt , we are both fd online customers ,

work that out !!!
  • emeraldbugle
    emeraldbugle Posts: 1,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The account has appeared online today, but with zero balance.

I asked for the initial deposit from my current account, strange??
  • stuartw101
    stuartw101 Posts: 381 Forumite
    Options
    Im thinking about opening a Natwest cash isa account also, and am a current account holder already. Can i just open this account online, if so if there a direct link for this?

Thanks!
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    stuartw101 wrote: »
    Im thinking about opening a Natwest cash isa account also, and am a current account holder already. Can i just open this account online, if so if there a direct link for this?
    http://www.natwest.com/personal/savings/g2/isas/e-isa/apply.ashx
  • stuartw101
    stuartw101 Posts: 381 Forumite
    Options
    Baldur wrote: »

Thankyou!
    I currently have £3,200 in my NS&I account, and still have my 08/09 allowance available. Should i open my natwest account and deposit the 08/09 allowance, or should i do that for my current NS&I account and do a transfer to my Natwest isa? I ask is im worried it won't get done before the April 5th deadline if i open the Natwest account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure