Options

Comments

• Chanpagne
    Chanpagne Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 April 2009 at 12:24PM
    Options
    tobybowes wrote: »
    I ordered the envelope on the 28th, it was recieved on the 31st when i sent off the phone immediately (no charger required, just the phone and battery). Was paid the full £16.50 direct into my bank account today so im very happy indeed, especially seen as the quoted £11.50(+£5bonus) was for a working phone and i expected them to reduce my money due to a fault with the phone (and after reading previous posts in this thread).

Very happy with the service, just sent off a second, higher value phone (Samsung u600) valued at £27.50 (+£5bonus), have requested a cheque this time so will report how that goes but i dont expect any issues what so ever.

Did you send it recorded or anything? And how long did it take the money to reach your account?
    Debt £16,000

Not employed...How to get rid of this debt!!Serious about Saving Money!
  • bingo_bango
    bingo_bango Posts: 2,594 Forumite
    Options
    Used them last week for my N73. Offered £62.50 (incl £5 bonus) which I got within 6 days.
    I used the £5 bonus to pay for SD as I wanted to make sure it got there in one piece, and just used my own jiffy for it. About to hit 3 for an upgrade, so will have a KU990 to send as well shortly.
  • claire1705
    Options
    tobybowes wrote: »
    I ordered the envelope on the 28th, it was recieved on the 31st when i sent off the phone immediately (no charger required, just the phone and battery). Was paid the full £16.50 direct into my bank account today so im very happy indeed, especially seen as the quoted £11.50(+£5bonus) was for a working phone and i expected them to reduce my money due to a fault with the phone (and after reading previous posts in this thread).

Very happy with the service, just sent off a second, higher value phone (Samsung u600) valued at £27.50 (+£5bonus), have requested a cheque this time so will report how that goes but i dont expect any issues what so ever.

After searching for the highest payout for my Samsung U600, I used the same site as Toby Bowes, theyve quoted me £27.50 including the £5 pound bonus. A bit skeptical having read some of the reviews, all seems a bit too good to be true as all the other websites seem to be paying the same around £25 without the £5 bonus. Also people sending in phones in A1 condition only to be told theyre water damaged! Wish Id used a more reliable site the more I think about it and got £7.50 less!

Have requested a jiffy bag to send it in and usually just complete a certificate of posting when Ive used slightly more reliable looking sites. Does any one recommend special delivery? What does it cost? Is it worth it or are the chances it will get there in one piece with just a certificate of posting??
  • sophie1201
    Options
    I can highly recommend Money 4 ur Mobile. Phone Posted on Thursday (Easter Bank holidays). Cheque for the exact amount quoted received on the following Tuesday ! No issue at all. Fast service :T
  • fleagle21
    fleagle21 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    MGMatt wrote: »
    They offer slightly more than all the others but this is a con as they tell you that your phone (returned in their envelope) was water damaged when it was in A1 condition when sent.

I would however recommend MOPAY and I wish I had stuck to them again this time.

Lol, I love it... "this is a con as they tell you... er, no, they told YOU! Thats a bit of a generalisation, lots of us, myself included have had no probs with them, unfortunately sometimes things do go wrong, and its just unlucky - annoying, but unlucky. Its a chance you take, and any 'water' damage is likely to be courtesy of royal mail dropping it in a puddle or something... another generalisation by me now, but I've had some fab stories from royal mail about how things have been lost/damaged!
    Anyway, give money4urmobile a go is my advice, especially with the extra £5 - but only til this monday I think?
  • Money4urMobile_company_representative
    Money4urMobile_company_representative Posts: 34 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi All! A big thank you to all that have given Money 4UR Mobile such great feedback! We're so glad you're happy with our service! Almost all phones are processed smoothly, however as with life, we do get thrown the odd curve ball although we do endeavour to sort any issues out as quickly and painlessly as possible. I'll keep popping in and try to answer anyone's questions as they appear. :T
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Money4urMobile. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 April 2009 at 8:01PM
    Options
    you need to ask the abuse teams permission to post MissMoney...
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Dan_66
    Dan_66 Posts: 40 Forumite
    edited 23 April 2009 at 1:08PM
    Options
    :mad:
    Hi All! A big thank you to all that have given Money 4UR Mobile such great feedback! We're so glad you're happy with our service! Almost all phones are processed smoothly, however as with life, we do get thrown the odd curve ball although we do endeavour to sort any issues out as quickly and painlessly as possible. I'll keep popping in and try to answer anyone's questions as they appear.

:eek: Well what load of tosh you spout!

Here's one 'curve ball' coming at you .......:mad:

I believe I have been conned and ripped off by you people on my Samsung phone. Went to the site, and entered the code and I was quoted £41 for my phone-(including the £5 code)

I received my confirmation by e-mail 12/4/09 and the bag promptly arrived in the post-so far so good......?

I sent the phone off by Royal Mail 1st class recorded delivery and received an e-mail today (21st April) that my £31.50p is being credited to my account
    with the following disclaimer......:mad:

"Terms & conditions You may have received a lower value than you were originally quoted on our website. This will be due to one of the following reasons. Our 14 day price promise has expired and you do not qualify for the original price we quoted when you registered or we have identified a problem when processing your mobile(s). Further details can be found at www.money4urmobile.com. "

I immediately rang them and they at first (wrongly) stated I was outside the time-frame to use the voucher-then said that the G600 was never advertised at the £36 I was originally offered......(wrong)

They were totally unhelpful on the phone and stated I must prove when I sent the phone back (by sending them a copy of my proof of posting) and provide them with a 'screenshot' of the original price I was offered in order for them to consider their options-they flatly refused to say what they were going to do for me.....

In essence they would not be paying me the agreed price for my phone and now I believe they have obtained my property by deception and as such I will be taking this matter up with Trading Standards unless I receive the full amount agreed!

NOTE: The first confirmation e-mail you receive just contains a reference number and not the price you will eventually get for your phone!

WARNING-TREAT WITH CAUTION!!!
    Take a screen shot and proof of posting if you don't want hassle!

UPDATE.......23/4/09-Matter Resolved-please see my later posts
  • newport.david
    Options
    Hi All! A big thank you to all that have given Money 4UR Mobile such great feedback! We're so glad you're happy with our service! Almost all phones are processed smoothly, however as with life, we do get thrown the odd curve ball although we do endeavour to sort any issues out as quickly and painlessly as possible. I'll keep popping in and try to answer anyone's questions as they appear. :T

Hi,

Can you help me with order numbers 137562 and 137565.

I was quoted £43 and £33 (plus the £5 bonus for each) - the higher value phone of the 2 has just been acknowledged and I have been informed I am being given £15 for it (plus the £5). I dread to think how little I will be given for the other phone.

Both phones met the t&cs fully - working, battery included, able to be switched on, etc... -

I signed up Sunday to do this, posted them with my own envelopes Monday, and the phone is acknowledged today, so I have met the criteria time easily.

I hope it is not a case of the company offering high returns to poach business away from other companies, but then failing to follow through on the promise.

A detailed response would be great - your t&c's effectively mean people are done for if this happens, because you do not offer to return the phones.

Thanks

Dave
  • Lildiva
    Options
    Hi, I was cheeky! had 3 phones to send so put 3 orders in as the promo code only gave the fiver per order. Then I came on here and read a couple of comments and started to worry as I hadn't even bothered getting proof of postage. Low and behold today I recieved 3 diff emails saying not only had I got the full price for them, but 15 quid worth in promo code payments too! I'm a happy bunny - heading shops-wards on saturday!! Sorry to the guys who didn't have happy stories, I have to presume you were just unlucky - hope it gets sorted out soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure