BuyMobilePhones.net (merged)

Options

Comments

• 1-0totheArsenal
    Options
    yes printouts. email saying accepted. but not paid. :mad: just checked bank.lol
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Maybe you should also check the t&c. It's early for payment by their timescale.
  • jophster
    Options
    Hi Guys
    My three contract is about to end from Beepy (No problems with them). Three is shockingly bad just fyi. Signal is appalling.

Anyway, I want the T-Mobile Flext 40 inc Web&Walk for £40. BMP.net offer it with a Nokia 1661 with the equiv of £640 cashback. In turn making my monthly bill close to £4.50 a month instead of £40.
    Surely this is too good to be true. And I can't really run the risk of not getting the cashback as I can't really afford the £40 without it.
    (It would probably mean sale of my iPhone.)
    Please let me know if I have made a mistake in calculation or this is the real deal?
    Thanks.
  • OneADay
    OneADay Posts: 9,031 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jophster wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    My three contract is about to end from Beepy (No problems with them). Three is shockingly bad just fyi. Signal is appalling.

Anyway, I want the T-Mobile Flext 40 inc Web&Walk for £40. BMP.net offer it with a Nokia 1661 with the equiv of £640 cashback. In turn making my monthly bill close to £4.50 a month instead of £40.
    Surely this is too good to be true. And I can't really run the risk of not getting the cashback as I can't really afford the £40 without it.
    (It would probably mean sale of my iPhone.)
    Please let me know if I have made a mistake in calculation or this is the real deal?
    Thanks.

I must correct you its £4.44 a month average after cashback - minus some quidco if you use that. :D
  • jophster
    Options
    OneADay wrote: »
    I must correct you its £4.44 a month average after cashback - minus some quidco if you use that. :D

Hi
    Yea I know I said close to just for easy reading :P
    After reading about 4 pages of posts, there are lots of negative comments. Its a bit too dangerous if you ask me.
    Do people agree with my thoughts?
  • OneADay
    OneADay Posts: 9,031 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It depends on you - I have recently got a second phone with buymobilephones.net for a 12 month t mobile combi 30 contract, 12 months free with nokia 2323.

Straightaway I find one main thing for me to be cautious about this deal, their mechanism for claiming cashbacks is more complex than other retailers in that you have to send in multiple bills per claim (so you have to keep copies) plus you need to keep a copy of one single piece of paper and cut out vouchers to send to them per claim.

So provided you are clued up and organised, you could do it. If you can't you might want to consider a more simpliar approach of cashback schemes offered by dialaphone,phones4u.

Saying that the deal you have looked at is pretty good but I suspect the nokia 1661 phone is not much of web phone, you will need to get another decent phone to make use of the web allowance.
  • jophster
    jophster Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 11 December 2009 at 7:14PM
    Options
    OneADay wrote: »
    It depends on you - I have recently got a second phone with buymobilephones.net for a 12 month t mobile combi 30 contract, 12 months free with nokia 2323.

Straightaway I find one main thing for me to be cautious about this deal, their mechanism for claiming cashbacks is more complex than other retailers in that you have to send in multiple bills per claim (so you have to keep copies) plus you need to keep a copy of one single piece of paper and cut out vouchers to send to them per claim.

So provided you are clued up and organised, you could do it. If you can't you might want to consider a more simpliar approach of cashback schemes offered by dialaphone,phones4u.

Saying that the deal you have looked at is pretty good but I suspect the nokia 1661 phone is not much of web phone, you will need to get another decent phone to make use of the web allowance.

Yeah got an iPhone. Hence the rubbish phone :)
    I think I might go for it. The saving is just so good.
    I've also just finished a Beepy Cashback Scheme so I think I might take the plunge. Will let you know how it goes.
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, I have found Buymobilephones.net simpler than other retailers cashback schemes because you send the bills in the order they actually arrive and don't have to both about wether or not it fits into some vague time scale window. I number the bills 1, 2, 3 etc as they arrive and stick them in an A4 envelope with all the account details etc on the outside. As long as you adhere to the 60 day timescale you won't have any problems. Some people say they are slow to pay but they have always paid within the advertised terms and conditions.They usually email when your claim has been accepted and the cashback has then always been paid within the number of days quoted. I have found them 100% reliable over many years and have never had a rejected claim in approx. 14 contracts.
  • jophster
    Options
    keith1950 wrote: »
    Hi, I have found Buymobilephones.net simpler than other retailers cashback schemes because you send the bills in the order they actually arrive and don't have to both about wether or not it fits into some vague time scale window. I number the bills 1, 2, 3 etc as they arrive and stick them in an A4 envelope with all the account details etc on the outside. As long as you adhere to the 60 day timescale you won't have any problems. Some people say they are slow to pay but they have always paid within the advertised terms and conditions.They usually email when your claim has been accepted and the cashback has then always been paid within the number of days quoted. I have found them 100% reliable over many years and have never had a rejected claim in approx. 14 contracts.

Wow
    thats impressive. More comments like that are needed to pull BMP.net out of the untrust worthy end of the scale.
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi again, I think the only reason that some people's claims are rejected are that they are incapaple of sticking to the terms and conditions and then get upset when infact it is their own fault. Anyone who isn't meticulous and organised should consider going for the automatic cashback, you don't get as much but it is paid into your bank account exactly 90 days after purchase.As mobilejunkie has said probably 1000 times ' if you don't understand the terms and conditions-don't do it'.
    I have recommended this company to many people and have,so far, had no negative feedback- all claims have been paid on time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure