Tesco misprice policy discussion area part III

Options

Comments

• jaffacakes_2
    Options
    Liverbird wrote:
    Just bought the Streets cd. SEL was £5.97.....but it was £4.97 on the chart. Went to CS for r+r but was refused. CS said because the SEL was £5.97 and that was where the cd was...then that was the price to pay. But as a gesture of goodwill they would refund the £1 difference. The queue for c/s was massive and I couldn't be bothered argueing......but can you guys help me out.... confirm that Im right in requesting an r+r and tell me what I should say to HO when I call them.
    Thanks in advance!

Tell them that "Consumer Protection Act 1987 makes it an offence to indicate a price for goods or services which is lower than the one that actually applies." Extracted from page 17: http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/guide/pricecodetraders0905.pdf

HTH
  • lordexavier_the_2nd
    Options
    Liverbird wrote:
    Just bought the Streets cd. SEL was £5.97.....but it was £4.97 on the chart. Went to CS for r+r but was refused. CS said because the SEL was £5.97 and that was where the cd was...then that was the price to pay. But as a gesture of goodwill they would refund the £1 difference. The queue for c/s was massive and I couldn't be bothered argueing......but can you guys help me out.... confirm that Im right in requesting an r+r and tell me what I should say to HO when I call them.
    Thanks in advance!

You are right mate, both myself and my brother have succesfully requested R&R. In two different tescos.
    I used the line "i looked at the charts as i was looking for this specific album, i paid no attention to the SEL"
    Worked a treat.

The number i used in the past is 0800505555 for HO
    Watch out, you never know who is about.
  • Liverbird
    Liverbird Posts: 3,130 Forumite
    Options
    Called HO, they said it was an overprice and to return to the store for r+r. Their excuse was that it might have been somebody on CS that wasn't a normal CS person and didn't know the rules. She advised me to speak to the CS Manager or the duty manager...... will do that tomorrow! Thanks for the help.
  • lordexavier_the_2nd
    Options
    Liverbird wrote:
    Called HO, they said it was an overprice and to return to the store for r+r. Their excuse was that it might have been somebody on CS that wasn't a normal CS person and didn't know the rules. She advised me to speak to the CS Manager or the duty manager...... will do that tomorrow! Thanks for the help.

WINNER!!!!!!
    Watch out, you never know who is about.
  • lauren79
    lauren79 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    Slight typo in above link - should be

http://www.cpjackson.co.uk/cgi-bin/misprices/index.pl

Thanks to OP - will save me loads I reckon :)
  • mcbain
    mcbain Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    spa2k wrote:
    so where advertised it is an overcharged, but the op said that the £3 off was not shown so in their case it is not an overcharge.

And yes, where the mars bars are concerned, if the hanging board displaying £1.05 is up then customers are being overcharged, regardless of the presence of an SEL.....only if all references are to a particular price are removed does the "overcharge" become non-existant.

I`m a dosey git - lack of sleep - my post should have said `clear label SEL had £10.44 and £7.44 on` d'oh :o
  • jaffacakes_2
    Options
    Hi is it true that the instore scanners do not pick up the £3 discount on the L'Oreal Foundations, but the tills do? I'm hoping to get 1 of these tomorrow. All information welcome.
  • go4it
    go4it Posts: 313 Forumite
    Options
    it's clear that CS know the policy, yet their policy is to offer something else. Having got 2 PS2 games R+R, they tried to only refund one, then offer me them at the correct price. At the end of the day you cannot mislead the customer, and Mr Tesco realises this and offers R+R when it happens to stop you going to trading standards.
  • boyzie
    boyzie Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Quote _"Hi is it true that the instore scanners do not pick up the £3 discount on the L'Oreal Foundations, but the tills do? I'm hoping to get 1 of these tomorrow"

We got one at the 24hr bradford store. Scanned for me at £10.99 till charged me £10.99 C/S went to check on the shelf and sid that the shelf did say £10.44 and there should be £3.00 off too.

£10.99 refunded
  • Dormouse
    Dormouse Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's not really my place to say this but I'm sure Redfox is quite tired of repeating this: could the other - misprice - thread only be used for new misprices; not for telling everyone of yet another successful R&R of Mars bars or whatever CD that has been posted several times before. :)

We all love to hear of great R&R stories, but it is this - discussion - thread that is intended for them. People read the misprices thread to get a quick idea of what's new, not to find out how many people have got a certain product.

Thanks everyone. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family