Tesco misprice policy discussion area part III

Options

Comments

• neilx_2
    neilx_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I had a fun experience with CS last night.

It's my daughter's birthday party tomorrow and we needed party food etc. Thanks to earlier posters I found the mars bars and frazzles, and bought several of each.

At CS a very pleasant lady dealt with it, took my receipt and headed to the opposite end of the store.

5 minutes later she returned with the SEL, looking perplexed. She said the price seems to be right sir, I said, if you turn that way and squint you can see the incorrect prices, the sign is so big!!

It must be the first R & R where the CS don't need to leave the desk.

Wow, a giggling, apologetic CS, what a lovely change. R and R and a laugh, and treats for the kids as well.
  • Encantador
    Options
    The facts.....

Tesco advertise their prices are the cheapest.
    Millions of people shop there.
    They then overcharge on what must be millions of items a year.
    They lose a pittance on R&R`s and presumably have little trouble from TS.

Are they really going to spend milloions on a system that effectively cuts off this extra income stream.

Not unless they really have no choice, a major anti Tesco press campaign is probably the only way.
  • A weird one, had a phone call from another reader on here last night, he reads but does not post, he was in the Scunthorpe Extra store, could find no R&R that been posted on here but bought a pair of kids jeans and some other bits, and he got overcharged on the jeans, went to CS and pointed this out, as they did the R&R a (good looking in his words) member of staff came forward and introduced herself as the head of security, she then said to him ' I understand you have a list from the internet' he replied he did read posts on the net, she then said she could not find any when she searched so he then gave her https://www.moneysavingexpert.com to look at and also pointed out how the site had saved him money on his Sky TV bill, he also told me that everything on the list was correct in that store as they are on the ball, yet he has only had about 7 or 8 items R&R'ed this year in there and they were ones that were not posted on here - is big brother is watching you?
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Going back to the Mars bar overprice and spa2k's previous comments customers after an R +R SEL is removed are not being overcharged, that the store is at fault for not removing the SEL rather than the central computer, why is it that my store with its big £1.05 SEL stated price check, was £1.18 now £1.05? This says to me Tesco have lowered the price as their competitors had. Therefore the computers at fault, not the store.

Basically, thru the waffle I'm trying to say that this is a good example of the entire system being at fault and customers being consistently overcharged with no knowledge as soon as SEL is removed due to R + R.

So, as the big SEL was removed, all customers after my R + R on mars bars got overcharged.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • mcbain
    mcbain Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    Ella, if there wasn't a sign up saying £3 off, then you weren't overcharged. If anything, you were undercharged, as you should have been charged £10.44, but were charged £7.99. I know it's no help, but that's about the gist of it. Spa2k and HighGuyUK are correct.
    [/i]

There is a sign up with the £3 off price on it.

At the top of the L`oreeal display (the bit with the mirror ) is a cardboard insert with the offer on.

£10.99 - SAVE £3 - £7.99.

It also had a clear thin plastic SEL with the same info on. Therefore the OP has been overcharged.

This was the same in 4 stores I have visited.
  • spa2k
    spa2k Posts: 832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mcbain wrote:
    There is a sign up with the £3 off price on it.

At the top of the L`oreeal display (the bit with the mirror ) is a cardboard insert with the offer on.

£10.99 - SAVE £3 - £7.99.

It also had a clear thin plastic SEL with the same info on. Therefore the OP has been overcharged.

This was the same in 4 stores I have visited.

so where advertised it is an overcharged, but the op said that the £3 off was not shown so in their case it is not an overcharge.

And yes, where the mars bars are concerned, if the hanging board displaying £1.05 is up then customers are being overcharged, regardless of the presence of an SEL.....only if all references are to a particular price are removed does the "overcharge" become non-existant.
    Fight Poverty - Hit a tramp!
    I don't exist, it is merely your imagination.
    Justice for the 96. - Google It.
  • thriftyflower
    Options
    Is there an actaul 'list' of the recent mispriced items, or do i just trawl through the post? i am desperate to get my first R&R and no amount of looking has revealed one yet!! Thanks
  • Cyberbob1uk
    Options
    Is there an actaul 'list' of the recent mispriced items, or do i just trawl through the post? i am desperate to get my first R&R and no amount of looking has revealed one yet!! Thanks

Sure is a list, but you are better to trawel through the list as not a lot gets posted there compared to what you can pick up on here

http://www.cpjakson.co.uk/cgi-bin/misprices/index.pl
  • Liverbird
    Liverbird Posts: 3,130 Forumite
    Options
    Just bought the Streets cd. SEL was £5.97.....but it was £4.97 on the chart. Went to CS for r+r but was refused. CS said because the SEL was £5.97 and that was where the cd was...then that was the price to pay. But as a gesture of goodwill they would refund the £1 difference. The queue for c/s was massive and I couldn't be bothered argueing......but can you guys help me out.... confirm that Im right in requesting an r+r and tell me what I should say to HO when I call them.
    Thanks in advance!
  • Syman
    Syman Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    is it just me?

or are the staff at the New Malden tescos on the ball price wise.

i rarely seem able to find any errors.
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business