We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Broadband. Who's the Cheapest? Article Discussion Area

1…3031333536…66

Comments

  • Huggins
    Huggins Posts: 412 Forumite
    Hi All I need bb for business use - does anyone know who offers the most competitive package for business users. I DON'T need to download much at all so not overly fussed about that side of things - just need a cheap reliable service.

    N.B do i have to declare it's for business use? as most packages for business seem more expensive than private and i'm only a sole trader.

    regards huggins
  • Art_2
    Art_2 Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Huggins wrote:
    Hi All I need bb for business use - does anyone know who offers the most competitive package for business users. I DON'T need to download much at all so not overly fussed about that side of things - just need a cheap reliable service.

    N.B do i have to declare it's for business use? as most packages for business seem more expensive than private and i'm only a sole trader.

    regards huggins

    If you are suggesting using a residential connection for business use I think you will find that most ISPs will monitor your usage and contact you if they feel it is being abused.

    Regards,
    Art.
  • matth1j
    matth1j Posts: 39
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi

    I migrated to Tiscali from PlusNet for the former's 'unlimited' £14.99 per month service, at up to 2Mb. However, because of my distance from the local exchange, I can only get 0.5Mb. I asked Tiscali whether I should be paying less, and they reduced my payments to £9.99. And I checked- it's still unlimited.

    Worth getting in touch with Tiscali if your connection speed is similarly limited.

    Cheers,
    John
  • Huggins
    Huggins Posts: 412 Forumite
    OK THANKS - any other cracking deals about at the moment?
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Just beware of going to Tiscali, these threads have been constantly filled with members who think Tisc are dreadful. Their Customer Relations are non-existent. My advice would be to steer well clear. If you check on https://www.adslguide.org.uk and https://www.ispreview.co.uk you will get the ratings. I have heard good reports of Zazizam and Naims, also Nildram. If you want the cheapest, look at Primus Broadband, https://www.planet-talk.co.uk around £10 per month with all the rebates and extra 3 months. Free evening and week-end calls to UK 01/02. They give a free modem and connection. I use them and have had no problems so far. This price is for 1Mb unlimited.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • Simon83
    Simon83 Posts: 225 Forumite
    wrote:
    Brilliant. will look at planet talk. thanks
  • Huggins
    Huggins Posts: 412 Forumite
    HI theloft - do you use primus bb for pers or business please?
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Huggins wrote:
    HI theloft - do you use primus bb for pers or business please?
    Huggins - My Primus BB is for personal use !!
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • scubajon
    scubajon Posts: 18 Forumite
    has anyone thought about the new sky package. BT line £11 per month, Sky Talk £5 per month, Free broadband @ 16Mb unlimited. why is nobody talking about it?
  • Art_2
    Art_2 Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    scubajon wrote:
    has anyone thought about the new sky package. BT line £11 per month, Sky Talk £5 per month, Free broadband @ 16Mb unlimited. why is nobody talking about it?

    You also need to subscribe to their TV package to qualify for 'free' broadband.

    Regards,
    Art.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.