1606162636466»

Comments

• 19hertz
    19hertz Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you. I will follow your advice.
  • billesniper
    Options
    Hi Everyone I hope I have got this right as this is my first ever comment. I have been using NTL @ 17.99 a month, which is now Virgin media who have rounded the price to 18.00 a month, so I thought I would give them a ring to say I was thinking of moving to Tiscali or BT and gave the prices of their services, I asked if she could help on Virgins price as I didn't really want to move from them, and the girl I was talking to who I don't know if I can name on here said straight away that she would manually alter my payments to £10 a month for the next 13 months with no contract so instead of £234 it will only cost me £130, with the same speed etc that I have been getting. Thanks everyone. Billiesniper. PS my mate over the fence got on to them and has just got the same deal.
  • borderlakland
    borderlakland Posts: 772 Forumite
    Options
    hope this is right place 2 mention this we just switched 2 broadband & r on orange broadband unlimited.have been up & running 4 jst over 2 wks & as yet no free phone calls available they keep changing time frame 5 days bcome 5 working days then 5-10 working days then still no promise as 2 when it will b available as they hav had "a few glitches in recent orders" 2 sort out. so jst b warned if thinking of using orange. oh & comp techie i spoke 2 said they'v had more probs with orange than ny other provider...mayb virgin might have been the better option.b interested 2 hear from others in similar position with orange
    Lead us not into temptation...

just tell us where it is and we'll find it....
  • frankie007
    Options
    The article says "The Carphone Warehouse's TalkTalk option 3* package includes broadband. Overall you pay £21 a month for line rental, free UK calls, some free international calls and up to 8Mbps broadband with a 40GB download limit. For many people this is an unbeatable package, it's explained in much more detail, with full pros and cons, in the UK's Cheapest Home Phones article, so do read back then return here if it's not for you"

This is a great deal if you don't mind not being able to receive incoming calls for 24hours after your "switchover day", and then once you do dial your home number you find it belongs to someone else down the road (who has just transferred back to BT because, and I quote, "talk talk is rubbish"). So in order to sort it out I have spent up to an hour on the phone to be told that I have to call someone in Cape Town from my home line (note the number to call talk talk for assitance isn't a freephone number)...all this bearing in mind that I was already an existing talk talk customer and just upgrading to get the free broadband...Of course there was no delay in them taking the £££ out of my account for providing a service that I'm not currently getting... I'll keep you posted! :j
  • borderlakland
    borderlakland Posts: 772 Forumite
    Options
    this sounds very similar to probs we r having with orange can't get free calls after over 2 weeks. lots of long distance calls 2 help centres god nos where they r.(prob premium rate phone call) getting no where.:mad: :mad: r all combined broadband/phone packages as bad?
    Lead us not into temptation...

just tell us where it is and we'll find it....
  • scotslad1983
    scotslad1983 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm just looking for the cheapest but quick and unlimited broadband? Any recommendations? AOL Broadband Silver pops out at me, but I've heard AOL is so bad!
  • bcc
    bcc Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I have to work from home so dependable comms is a must! I have 2 lines (routed by Supertel and use 18185 for International, nice one Martin) and PlusNet Home Worker as ISP but would prefer to consolidate and reduce my bills, yeah well wouldn’t we all! I could either go to Talk Talk (yes I read the item about no access) or Orange as have accounts with them both. But if you go to https://www.thinkbroadband.com and do comparisons on all the bundled deals, the overall service in my opinion does not stack up! Has anyone taken this further? I'm loath to move but PlusNet's speed here in Gloucs is not scintillating (and thier CRM is not brilliant)? Cheers BCC ps don’t have any problems with SKYPE and PlusNet
  • Streaky_B
    Streaky_B Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I used to pay £24.99 to AOL for unlimited 8mg Broadband i now pay £5 to Orange for 8mg unlimited iam lucky though as my wife has a Orange contract phone and was able to get this deal becouse her contract is over £30 through the package aswell we get free 01 & 02 calls to uk lines free calls to Orange mobiles and free internatinal calls via Oranges livebox modem.

This in total means we have cut our BT to line rental only and use the orange phone to make calls to family & friends for free our broadband has been cut by £20 so its a total saving of £50 on home phone & Internet.

The setup to Orange didnt run smoothly but we have now enjoyed two months trouble free internet and phone calls.

I recomend this deal to anyone trying to cut there monthly outgoings :T
  • bingo32
    bingo32 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

having read the recently updated broadband article (thanks), I'm still trying to decide what to do about a broadband connection.

Seems things are changing quite a bit, so what I'd really like would be a short contract (<=3months) with no connection fee

a few facts about me:
    I have a BT line, for at least the next 2 months,
    I own an ADSL modem (ex talktalk Smartax mt882, not supported by AOL)
    and would like a fairly fast/fat connection ie >=1Mb speed and >=5Gb download/month
    I have no MAC code as I havent had a provider in recently

Thanks for your thoughts

UPDATE:
    I've now trawled through the best buys t & c's and decided that newnet gave me the closeset I could find to what want ie
    low set up cost, £30, and short tie in, 3 months
    thanks
  • Former_MSE_Archna
    Options
    This thread is now closed, for a new discussion click here
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts