E7even - service. (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• thommo
    thommo Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jadejie wrote:
    well, i paid by my mum's debt card for the service, so i guess i can't file a charge back...:(
    is there any other way i can get the money back other than file a moneyclaim case to the online court?
    oh, btw, anyone got their refund through the court?
    Thanks

Read a bit futher back in this thread and it give's a link telling you that you may be able to chargeback,i've rang and have to send receipts ect
  • jadejie
    jadejie Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    thommo wrote:
    Read a bit futher back in this thread and it give's a link telling you that you may be able to chargeback,i've rang and have to send receipts ect

I've read most of it, but chargeback only apply to credit card not debt card.:(
    but thanks anyway.
  • djohn2002uk
    djohn2002uk Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    jadejie wrote:
    I've read most of it, but chargeback only apply to credit card not debt card.:(
    but thanks anyway.
    I would check with your bank because there was an item on Working Lunch stating that some Debit Cards give you the same protection as Credit Cards.

Take a look here:-
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/4082599.stm
  • Icon_3
    Icon_3 Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    DieHard wrote:
    I signed up with AOL and got their silver package at £9.99 for life. I am not getting the wireless router, but I already have a router from when I signed up for E7Even so I wasn't bothered about having the wireless router anyway.

I entered the username and password that AOL gave me today and I now have my broadband connection back just two days after I signed up.

I signed up for this last Friday and entered my username and password like Diehard. However my modem control panel keeps trying to activate the line but its keeps saying the line is down. Does this mean AOL have not told BT to activate it yet? Should I contact AOL or BT or do I have to wait?
  • lellie
    lellie Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Options
    Hey,

I got a phone call from HSBC this morning saying that they're looking into my claim and they'd be in touch with some forms to fill in.. pfft. Why isn't it as easy as some of you have had it?
  • bustedstuff
    Options
    Hi,
    Despite signing up for the ezee dsl 1meg service on the 10th of july and hanging on the helpline for hours and e-mailing several times I still have no adsl connection.

However I checked my line on prodigynet today and got the following message.

"Our tests show that your local BT exchange is capable of all speeds up to 8000 Kbps although your line is likely to connect at a rate of approximately 6500 Kbps.
    Usually ADSL is activated within 3-4 working days. You can track the progress of the install online after you have ordered."

Does this mean I'm free to sign up for another service? and if I am free how quickly could I sign up to someone else to prevent them from reactivating my line?

Can I then cancel my ezee dsl payment as I have never used their service. Do you think they would try to get me to pay up for the full term.
  • grumpyoldman_3
    Options
    josieb wrote:
    Sorry one other thing I puchased my broadband with a Bank of Scotland mastercard but I cancelled it a few months back and when I rang to ask what I had to do to put in a claim they said they could not help!!!
    I also purchased 2 years internet with e7even with Amex,but cancelled my credit card a few months ago.I contacted them( a bit of a chore) and after supplying them with all relevant e7even info,receipts and the like,have just received, after about 3 weeks, a cheque for £120,for the year not received.I'm well chuffed!!!
    I've also signed up with Madasafish, and all systems are go.
    Credit goes to both Madasfish and Amex for there help, and professional way they dealt with my problems.:beer: :beer:
  • dipifipi
    dipifipi Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Another update on my troubles. Finaly recieved a phonecall from a BT technician today who told me that i didn't infact have a DACS on my phoneline! I have been told that it is the low user scheme that is not compatible with broadband, even though i have been using it the last goodness knows how many years and had broadband aswell the last 2 years without any trouble (well, i say no trouble even though e7 was rather messy towards the end...). Sounds like BT are trying to get us all to pay more! Though, when was that ever not the story?
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Options
    Light user scheme has only been an incompatible product with broadband over the last year, so 2 years ago when you got broadband it was compatible. Not a hard thing to fathom.
  • mark35_2
    mark35_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    has any one managed to get in touch with ezee
    as i tried all ways and with no luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts