E7even - service. (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mike

Thanks, last time I took your advice and joined E7 to be honest I got a good deal out of them, only thing I had was free months left. Now can't seem to get the markers removed, there is a cease but every time I phone BT get a different answer. I get a day for a marker removed then it is not removed, then some time day tell me I can only get broadband if ISP do an manual CRF, which I have been trying AOL to do, because they offered me a good deal. AOL today told me they tried to do a manual CRF and BT WHOLE said they don't take manual CRF. They said they even spoke to BT supervisor and he said they will not except manual CRF from any isp unless the markers belong to them.

I will wait till Monday and see where a I stand with the markers, then decide where I can go.

Thanks for your help
    Shafeeq
  • slazman
    slazman Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    It seems I have done the same as many and gone for Eclipse. Did this because they seem to have the right package at the right price for me - if it isn't I believe i can adjust it up, down or across as required after a month. also because in a previous employment we used Kingston telecom and their Customer service was good.

From the contact and feedback I have received on the phone and by email to date I am more than happy. My activation date is 1st August, but I have my id and password so will try and connect tonight.

Signed up to Eclipse for 12 months - enough time to see how Sky beds in.

Compared to some, I didn't have e7even issues too bad, however i have been suffering broadband withdrawl for a month now - my 12 months + 1 hassle month expired at the beginning of this July anyway! However it has taught me a lesson AND it feels good to be free again!
  • slazman
    slazman Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    I'm on! Thank you Eclipse ... life is good. (connection shows 4.7mb)
  • comsense
    comsense Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Was on BBUK. The line was made free today, so will sign with another ISP when I find the right deal. Others on ADSLguide are reporting the same
  • MickKnipfler
    MickKnipfler Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    Options
    I can't get UKonline or TalkTalk. Where's the best 1M, uncapped deal for a country bumpkin?
  • mike_paterson
    mike_paterson Posts: 1,473 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    slazman wrote:
    I'm on! Thank you Eclipse ... life is good. (connection shows 4.7mb)

Congrats slazman.
    What setting changes did you make from e7 ? (same question to paul_h too)

I made the changes as per the website - username password PPPOA etc and my router connects fine (but only at 2M), but I cannot access anything at all and still have to use dial up ?
    To infinity and beyond!
  • mike_paterson
    Options
    shafeeq wrote:
    Mike

Thanks, last time I took your advice and joined E7 to be honest I got a good deal out of them, only thing I had was free months left. Now can't seem to get the markers removed, there is a cease but every time I phone BT get a different answer. I get a day for a marker removed then it is not removed, then some time day tell me I can only get broadband if ISP do an manual CRF, which I have been trying AOL to do, because they offered me a good deal. AOL today told me they tried to do a manual CRF and BT WHOLE said they don't take manual CRF. They said they even spoke to BT supervisor and he said they will not except manual CRF from any isp unless the markers belong to them.

I will wait till Monday and see where a I stand with the markers, then decide where I can go.

Thanks for your help
    Shafeeq

Hi Shafeeq,
    were you on e7broadband realm or bbuk realm ?

If you were on bbuk, I believe the cease will be later than those of us on e7broadband.

The whole process is very poor and OFCOM need to update it to make it work as well as the PAC transfer process for mobile phones.

Cheers
    Mike
    To infinity and beyond!
  • shafeeq
    Options
    Hi Mike

I was on @e7broadband.com realm......

Shafeeq
  • mike_paterson
    Options
    Oh Dear - it does not sound good - what does the status checker at http://www.prodigynet.co.uk/menu.php?page=dsl say about your line ?
    To infinity and beyond!
  • shafeeq
    Options
    This is what status checker say, but it's been like this since 14th July, BT first told me it will be removed by 24th, Then was told the job will is to be done by 26th July, then I get told there is no way I can have broadband until manual CRF is done, yesterday BT tell me that the markers will be removed by weekend and then I can order broadband, I said I was told by them that I can't until Manual CRF is applied, they said that's not true, when markers are removed i can order it. Today BT are saying they can't tell me when the job will be done.

Phoned OFcom not helpful as usual. They are saying wait and see.

Shafeeq

"We have detected an existing ADSL service on this line but it appears to us that the service is in the process of being cancelled.

This means that we cannot migrate this line and we must activate your line again once the cancellation has been completed"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure