E7even - service. (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Options
    dipifipi wrote:
    by the looks of things the marker has been removed on my line.... but now i have another problem. when i check my number via the prodigy site, here is what it says :

We have detected a BT product on your line which may cause problems with ADSL We have detected a BT line sharing device (commonly called a DACS) on your line. This is something that BT will need to remove altousthat BT has used a fibre optic to provide your telephone line.

During the ADSL install this will need to be replace with a copper line and this may cause a delay in activating your line.

Now, if i have had broadband on my line for a year and a half now, why is it now suddenly unable to take broadband?
    I appreciate your help on this one everyone.

Many many thanks,

Phil

Might be an incorrect record on their system. Use the official checker at: http://www.adslchecker.bt.com/pls/adsl/adslchecker.welcome to see if your line is ok now
  • rizla01
    rizla01 Posts: 7,256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Phew. I'm back.

Hi all!

Looks like the marker will have been removed from my line by now too but since I have no modem and since I recently cut off the second line to my house my solution was easier than most.

Had old line re-instated and old one (broadband) cancelled (all for free) and got Nildram to connect me so here I am 7 DAYS later with 8Meg availablility. Hooray!!
    "Unhappiness is not knowing what we want, and killing ourselves to get it."
    Post Count: 4,111 Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,111 Posts (Actual figures as they once were))
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
  • mike_paterson
    mike_paterson Posts: 1,473 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome back Terry !
    I just placed my order with eclipse so am looking forward to getting decent speed again soon !
    To infinity and beyond!
  • JenIttels
    JenIttels Posts: 541 Forumite
    Options
    we signed up for bb to start 1 August now our line has been cleared. Huzzah!

I beg those of you still hunting for the cheapest possible ISP to think about what happened this time round and ask yourself whether it is better value to pay a small amount of money each month and then be screwed over and lose the service, or pay more each month for a service you know will be reliable.

I certainly feel like i've learnt something from the e7even cowboys.
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I just placed my order with eclipse so am looking forward to getting decent speed again soon !

Hi Mike!

I ordered eclipse late yesterday afternoon, and I am using it now!

Line sync came back a few hours after ordering, at the new adsl max speed. Eclipse emailed me a username and password this morning, I popped it in the router and hey presto!

:j

'Official' activation date is 1st August...;)
  • lellie
    lellie Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Options
    paul_h wrote:
    Hi Mike!

Line sync came back a few hours after ordering, at the new adsl max speed. Eclipse emailed me a username and password this morning, I popped it in the router and hey presto!

oo yeah often you get activated early - will get my parents to check..

I've been on eclipse for a long while now.. I recommend it.
  • DieHard
    DieHard Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    I signed up with AOL and got their silver package at £9.99 for life. I am not getting the wireless router, but I already have a router from when I signed up for E7Even so I wasn't bothered about having the wireless router anyway.

I entered the username and password that AOL gave me today and I now have my broadband connection back just two days after I signed up.

I can't complain really all things considered I signed up for two years with E7Even and I chose to stay with them even when they were offereing refunds and MACs because I never had any real problems. I have only really been without a connection for just under a month which is nothing when you consider the porblems other people have had.

After some initial hassle with Barclaycard they finally agreed to credit me with the one year subscription I was owed from E7Even, so that is my first year subscription to AOL covered.

It could have been a lot worse.
  • mike_paterson
    Options
    paul_h wrote:
    Hi Mike!

Great news Paul.
    My router has now connected with the new username and password and I can see the link is active. I cannot do anything with it yet so am dialled in again currently.
    I'll keep trying, though my activation date is 2nd August.

Cheers
    Mike
    To infinity and beyond!
  • shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mike:

Did you get a special package or normal that is being offered to everone by Eclipse.

Thanks
    Shafeeq
  • mike_paterson
    Options
    Hi Shafeeq,
    It is the normal deal.

Basically it is their option 1 package. I signed up for a year and get the following:

It is £9.99 for the first 3 months then £14.99 (e3ach month paid in advance - not the whole year in advance)
    Free connection
    up to 8M ADSLMAX speed
    Free Alcatel adsl modem that I will sell on ebay !
    dynamic ip or 2 static ip addresses (or even more if you can justify it).

The option 1 has a fair useage policy as follows:

Peak Time is 6p.m to midnight
    in peak time you are restricted to 20GB per month (this is miles more than most packages offer in total)
    outside peak time there is no limit

They also have a referral scheme. I obviously am not in a position to recommend tham as I have not yet been connected, but they seem to get favourable reports on ADSLGuide and they compare favourably with the likes of Demon, Zen etc based on the customer feedback at adslguide.

For me it will cost £9.99 x 3 + £14.99 x 9 less £10 from splitting the referrers fee less approx £15 for the alcatel modem on ebay = £140 or £11.66 per month on eaverage over the year. This is less than I was paying e7 for a 1M service!

Cheers
    Mike
    To infinity and beyond!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills