We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

E7even - service. (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• lellie
    lellie Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Options
    What if you're a BBUK user - my aunts were and they don't have any active orders on the line to cancel, unlike my parents who do have the order on the line..

Anyone also written to HSBC yet?
  • crystal_clear
    Options
    cruisemad wrote:
    We rang Bt today on 08000856161 and explained the situation, the nice gentlemen went off and came back a few minutes later to say that the marker will be removed on our line on the 24th, it is still another week away but at least we now know when we will be able to order Broadband from another supplier. It may be worth a try.

I have just rang that number and the nice man said I dont have a marker on my line and i can sign up with BT now if I would like him to do that.
    I then replied, No I have signed with talktalk but they wrote asking for a MAC and I couldnt supply this. He then said well you would need to talk directly with them as he was BT and not BTWholsale and talktalk would have to contact BTW if there was a problem. I then said but you have just checked the line and said no markers are there so i am free to sign up where I wish, He replied yes that is correct.
    I asked for BTW number and he said they dont have a public number they are called OPEN REACH and the only people that can contact them are providers.
    I replied but you have just checked with them YES? so I am now free to sign up anywhere Yes he said.
    I hope he is correct but he did go away and check before coming back to say he could take my order.
    I hope this does help some of you out there awaiting the release of your lines.

Crystal
    £2.00 savings club =£2.00
  • thommo
    thommo Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cruisemad wrote:
    We rang Bt today on 08000856161 and explained the situation, the nice gentlemen went off and came back a few minutes later to say that the marker will be removed on our line on the 24th, it is still another week away but at least we now know when we will be able to order Broadband from another supplier. It may be worth a try.

I've just rang and been told i'll be free to order from another isp on the 25th
  • System
    System Posts: 178,109 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Having been on another holiday, I'm back noting that it has been 120 days since I last had an internet connection via e7even at home. Thanks to Mike's info, I've checked to see if the marker is still on the line and it is, however I'll ring the 0800 number given earlier and see what they say, at least they might have an idea when the marker wil go.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Advice needed please.
    I stupidly signed up to ezee dsl on the 11th of july to get back online with the minimum of disruption. After several hours on hold, two conversations with the service clowns in India and an email to support I am still not connected. I have checked my status on the "medusa" portal page and it shows me having a dial up account but not the adsl account that I signed upto!
    After a quick scan of this forum I checked my line on the link to prodigynet and it says
    "We have detected an existing ADSL service on this line but it appears to us that the service is in the process of being cancelled."
    What should I do.
    Have a read of Rex Mundi's thread ...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=228671
  • MickKnipfler
    MickKnipfler Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    Options
    I filed a claim with Egg last week. £170 paid back into my account yetserday = happy bunny
  • sean_rudenko
    Options
    To all who paid E7 with a Visa Debit Card. Apparently you can make a claim under the charge back system. Not all bank staff know this. Have a look at this BBC Working Lunch website, Its a bit light on info but gives an example

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/4260806.stm

Good luck and don't be fobbed off.
    This is also posted on the adslguide website.

Sean
  • MickKnipfler
    MickKnipfler Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    Options
    With Egg, it was really simple and only took a few days.....
  • shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OFCOM are doing a questionaire to do with E7EVEN, I filled mine in

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/bulletins/comp_bull_index/comp_bull_ocases/open_all/cw_898/form

Shafeeq
  • shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    HI

Just to let you know I phoned AOL about half an hour ago and signed up with them. I have been offered £9.99 a month their Silver package... no free router but just a modem..12 months contract.. first month free. My line is on cease.. so waiting for it to be cleared.

Shafeeq
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport