PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 6. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• bigsmoke
    bigsmoke Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    oh floyd, sounds tricky! i think the only thing i would do in that situation is make sure that i took plenty of my own snacks with me to try and stop me from getting tempted - i can't say it always works though! as for the carb cravings at TOTM, it's so difficult, and i often end up telling myself that if i'm craving it, it must be because my body needs it, haha :). if you like oatcakes i find them to be a pretty good snack for travelling - very filling (lowGI) and reassuringly solid, unlike fruit etc!
    good day for me yesterday, apart from the mini-diary milk that slipped in after lunch. oh well, can't have everything. the eggs on toast that i had planned for tea turned out to be a delicious prawn stir-fry courtesy of my housemate which was nice, and used up lots of our veggies from the box.
    today:
    porridge w. skimmed milk, banana and sultanas (2 fruits is a bit of a treat, but i was up very early this morning)
    s - orange, all that's left in the fruit bowl
    l - leftover tuna and bean salad, pitta, hummous or cottage cheese
    s - piece of fruit, whatever i can get at lunchtime
    t - perhaps salmon and veg

also, i finally seem to have got into the habit of having a cup of hot water with a wedge of lemon in the mornings and am really enjoying it, would recommend it to anyone for a try at least (i just use value lemons)

have a good day everyone, i'm tired already!
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    floyd wrote: »
    I really really suffered in work today seeing everyone shovelling in chocs and cakes and I sat there with my yoghurt and tangerines feeling very sorry for myself.
    Just had stewed apple with custard and a spoon of double cream (all counted) and it was lovely but I am sure I would have enjoyed a handful of toffee pennys and purple hazelnut in choc alot more :)

:A well done for resisting Floyd!:T

I have had a bad week - put on half a pound so now am at my 3lb limit so must lose some next week!
    I'm out for a meal tonight and a buffet tomorrow so I will need a lot of will power!:rolleyes: :D

Here's my food today

b - spaghetti on toast

L - low fat noodles(need a very quick lunch)

D - meal out

snacks - 2 alpen light bars, clementines and banana

have slipped on my 5 a day too so someone give me a kick up the b*m please:D
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • bigsmoke
    Options
    *KICK*!!

i think half a pound gain isn't bad at all, considering how you're feeling at the moment tappy - well done!

i like your breakfast of spaghetti on toast, i haven't had it in ages but am really craving some now! might have to have a go at this next week...
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here is my plan for the day:

Breakfast - yogurt, berries and scanbran (free,free+2syns)
    snack - 2 satsumas - free
    Lunch - Rest of yesterdays potato and leek soup with wm roll and reduced fat egg mayonaisse - (free+heb+free)
    Dinner - meatball pie with carrots and bn squash on the side - (free+hea+free) with sugar free jelly (1 syns)
    Evening snack - mini pringles - 6 syns

Love
    Marion:santa2:
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks bigsmoke:)
    spaghetti on toast is my favourite meal at the moment - it really hits the spot. I like the Branston wholewheat spaghetti the best and have a bit of brown sauce on it.If I'm having it for lunch I have a bit of grated cheese on top too.
    retiredlady - those pringles sound good! I might get some for Christmas to nibble on then I wont go mad and eat a whole tube:D
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • vodkawitch1
    Options
    B - Porridge
    L - granary bread and low fat cheese , no butter
    D - beans on toast
    3 choc mini rolls

Better than yesterday but still struggling with the sugar fixes. Walking going ok though.
    Make £2 a day challenge - doing well so far.
  • procrastinator
    Options
    Hi
    This week has been hard. Monday was good as I managed to walk my 10k steps, however since then I have only done another 5K - 35K short! Missed my weekly swim last night as friend was ill.

Foodwise - Monday meal out, garlic mush and cream, risotto followed by tiramasu. Tuesday mac cheese, wed binged on raw cashews for some strange reason, Thurs buffet lunch at work cheese stuffed potato things were delish, eve jacket spud and HM pie. Was trying to make my own version of the linda mccartney meat pies, think it went well, I put the filling in ramekins so only had pastry on top. However with the left over pastry made mince pies and jam tarts. They were small and I only had 1 of each. Today - works dinner dance. I'm having the butternut squash for mains and fresh fruit salad for desert.
    Actually now I write it all down it doesn't look too bad but I feel bloated and out of sorts. There is a large jar of sweets next to my desk full of toffees and I'm not even trying to resist. Have had 2 clemintines each day but reading back very little veg, had cauliflower and sweet corn in the mac cheese but that's about it. However it's Christmas time and I will not miss out on the social side and if that includes over indulgence then so be it, damage limitation needed on other days and hard work come Jan.
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
  • bigsmoke
    Options
    wow procrastinator, sounds like you're having a great week to me! ok, maybe the food side isn't perfect but how lovely to have all those treat events :). as you say, christmas is for enjoying, we just have to do the best we can.
    taplady - i haven't tried wholewheat tinned spaghetti, will have to look out for it (i usually buy value/basics)

i had no excise yesterday, though procrastinator, when i ended up eating half a bag of spicy broad beans! went to holland and barrett at lunchtime to get some veggie sausages for christmas and i just can't resist all of their snacks! although it does annoy me sometimes, they have their massive 'healthy option' snacks section, in which everything has loads of calories, and often lots of fat. ok, maybe banana chips are 'better' for you than a bar of chocolate in the overall health sense (refined sugar etc), but slimmers could easily be fooled. even japanse rice crackers are 400 cals a bag (probably why i think they're so nice :rotfl: )

anyway, rant over! i made the mistake of slipping on the scales this morning as i've got a party tomorrow and thought if i'd lost a pound (aiming for 2 a week at the mo) it would give me a bit of a boost, but i haven't lost a jot since monday, despite being really good. a bit disappointing, but i know that loads of things can affect it, so will wait until my usual monday morning slot before i get too down about it.

today:
    b - porridge w. sultanas and s.skimmed milk (ran out of skimmed_
    s - apple
    l - left over 'fried' rice (tofu stif fry with rice)
    s - apple, and quite possibly something else, am heading north for the weekend so tea will be late and i'm terrible for snacking on trains, will try to grab some satsumas or something
    t - not sure, my mum will be cooking :D maybe nut roast i think, we're trying things out for christmas

sorry for the massive long ramble! hope everyone has a lovely weekend bs x
  • retiredlady
    Options
    Hi - Todays eating plan is:

Breakfast - oats so simple with blueberries - (heb+free)
    Lunch - bacon, eggs and baked beans with baby plum tomatoes (free)
    Dinner - Chicken breast with jacket potato, swede and carrots (free)
    Snacks will be fruit and yogurt x 2
    No syns today as I sabatoged myself last night and had 40 syns:eek: worth of Galaxy chocolate:eek::o I won't miss the syns at all as I normally have to imake a point of adding syns to my plan. I eat enough of the free foods that I never really get the "munchies" but the call of the chocolate overpowered me last night:o:p!

Love
    Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Really pleased with myself this morning, am finally below 14 st...13.13 to be exact, haven't really been very good so a bit surprised.

Today I have eaten, will eat:

B....small serving muesli, cappucino;

L... chicken salad sandwich, apple;

D... 3 bean salad, not sure what else yet

Sn...dried fruit, pear

Good luck to all

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories