PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 6. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not been too bad the last couple of days...yesterday I had BLT for breakfast and ham with lots of cabbage and potatoes, followed by pear and ice-cream for dinner.

To-day I have eaten

B.....tuna salad with beetroot, tomato and onion, French bread, coffee;

D....Roast beef, baked potatoes, sweetcorn, cabbage, coffee, slice weetabix cake.

For some reason still having problems with the fruit and veg intake, never used to be a problem, just don't fancy fruit at the moment

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • JoJoB
    JoJoB Posts: 2,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Have been terrible for a few weeks and don't even dare weigh myself yet for fear I will trigger a depression binge!

Managed my first "sensible" day today and will endeavour to follow it up with another tomorrow. If I manage sensibleness till next monday I shall weigh myself then.
    2015 wins: Jan: Leeds Castle tickets; Feb: Kindle Fire, Years supply Ricola March: £50 Sports Direct voucher April: DSLR camera June: £500 Bingo July: £50 co-op voucher
  • procrastinator
    Options
    Hello
    I have lost 1lb. New weight is 11st 4. Must keep up the walking.

Today Bfast cereal and coffee
    lunch HM leek and potato soup
    diner - 3 course xmas extravaganza! Oh dear.

Good luck everyone, welcome vodkawitch - love the name.
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all!

hopped on the scales - no loss for me - just about the same:rolleyes: so must try harder!

B - spaghetti on toast(2 small wholemeal bread)

L - jacket spud with cheese(28g cheddar) and salad(1)

D - quorn cottage pie with sprouts and sweet potato mash(2)

snacks - banana clementines(2) possible a yoghurt and 1 or 2 Alpen lights

Need to stick to it - at least all the mince pies have been eaten now!:D

Hope you all have a good day x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

A STS for me this week which is OK because it means I have halted the slide upwards and I am still 11-something :)
    The cold weather seems to make me constantly hungry for carb-heavy food so I am trying to stick with wholegrain wherever possible.

B: 2 wholemeal rolls with cheese spread

L: Spicy chickpea soup

D: Not sure yet, maybe a nice vegetable ramen soup or singapore chow mein, I fancy something oriental :) (no spring rolls though heh heh)

Have a great day all, X
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone :santa2:

I can't believe I've missed a week :o
    Glad to see a new shiny thread, helps renew all our goals :)

I haven't been around for a while - sorry about that :(

My physio is going well after trapping a nerve between c5/c6 in my neck a couple of weeks ago - yep a real pain in the...

I haven't been able to do any proper exercise for a while, but will start some lower body work this week to get me going. (no rowing machines :rotfl: )

I have STS for the past three weeks but I'm pleased with that :)

I'll pop back in soon x
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,
    Well after the case of the disappearing twinks and shortbread :o I have lost 1lb. So that's not bad ;)

Food today:
    b: oats, syrup, nana
    l: parsnip soup with a small roll
    d: kippers and roasted veg

snacks: frozen black cherries - and probably a geobar.
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • PurpleSkies
    Options
    A week of take aways/meals out and lack of exercise has added up to a bad week for me! A small gain but I'm sure I can lose it this week. Trying to stay positive!
  • saversarn
    saversarn Posts: 528 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Hey tappy you have your festive taps on!! goodness that makes me realise how long I have been posting on this thread (hangs head in embarrassment!)
    Anyway I hope whatever was making you reach for the cookies has eased :-)
    I've not actually weighed myself for about a month, but have been in hospital (routine stuff nothing exciting)and that is just an excuse for laying about and eating :doh:
    I'm hoping to eat well for Christmas, hoping for a little less of me in my stocking on Christmas morning:D
    Keep up the good work folks
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JoJoB wrote: »
    Have been terrible for a few weeks and don't even dare weigh myself yet for fear I will trigger a depression binge!

Managed my first "sensible" day today and will endeavour to follow it up with another tomorrow. If I manage sensibleness till next monday I shall weigh myself then.

I thought I would drop in here, thought it might prevent a depression binge as mentioned by the OP above, a useful expression and one I will try and remember. Can you tell my morning at work was difficult? Am trying to just have something healthy for lunch before returning.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family