PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 6. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• procrastinator
    Options
    Hi
    I started the year at 12 stone and wanted to get to 11stone. (I'm only 5' tall) I got to 11 & 1/2 by March but since then have struggled. If I lose 1lb then the following week I either sts or gain. I try very hard not to let it get me down, at first I wanted to lose 1lb a week and tried to join in with the monthly 5lb target on here but that just never happened and I got very dis-heartened so now I am happy just to record any loss and keep going.

I swim 40-50 lengths once a week with a friend but that is the only regular exercise I take. I try and walk but for the past couple of months that hasn't happened. I am off work this week and trying to do 10K steps a day. I have been just under on the last two days so instead of resetting the stepper I am going for a cumulative total, today it shows 21K and I need to get to 30K. Have been out this morning and intend to go out again this pm. I would love to be 11stone by the end of the year but with the xmas celebrations that just isn't going to happen.
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
  • kiwichick
    kiwichick Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just wondeing if anyone can point me in the direction of a reliable but cost effective pedometer? I think the 10k steps a day is something I really need to aim for, I have a stepper lurking in the garden shed that I can use to up the steps each day.

X
    WW Start Weight 18/04/12 = 19st 11lbs
    Weight today = 17st 6.5lbs
    Loss to date 32.5lbs!!!
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kiwichick wrote: »
    Just wondeing if anyone can point me in the direction of a reliable but cost effective pedometer? I think the 10k steps a day is something I really need to aim for, I have a stepper lurking in the garden shed that I can use to up the steps each day.

X

I got mine from a sports shop for about a tenner I think but I have to say I dont use it much. What about asking for one for Christmas!
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • bigsmoke
    bigsmoke Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    hello everyone, wow, shiny new thread!
    glad to hear that everyone is still sticking at it - procrastinator, try not to get too down at heart and don't give up completely just becuase it is christmas party season. i have 'managed my expectations' for this month, becuase i know it will be harder than normal, but i'm still going to try: i figure if i still try hard on normal days, then if a bit extra slips in on party days fair enough, but better than just saying 'to heck with it' until january. every little bit counts :D
    the new plan that my flatmate and i have started has slipped somewhat already as they have been dead stressed at work and i've been ill. so yesterday ended up just being porridge and soup for me. never mind.
    today:
    b - porridge w. honey. hot water, lemon and honey
    l - HM lentil and tomato soup
    s - HM bread (still hot!) w. peanut butter
    t - not sure, possibly more soup, can't be bothered to cook

have a great day everyone bsx
  • ShelBell
    ShelBell Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    I know it's not weigh in day, but i had a sneaky weigh and lost the pound I needed to lose to reach a BMI of under 30 (29.8) which means I am no longer obese! Now I'm overweight :)
    Weight loss to date - 8st 13lbs :j
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ShelBell wrote: »
    I know it's not weigh in day, but i had a sneaky weigh and lost the pound I needed to lose to reach a BMI of under 30 (29.8) which means I am no longer obese! Now I'm overweight :)

Well done on being overweight!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D

Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning!

well done shellBell:T

This week I have STS :j which I am pleased about after my weekend away.
    I am working a late shift today which means 2 meals at work, one of which I think is a lunch out - have to make the best choice I can.

B - poached egg on toast

L - hopefully a jacket spud out with work(1)

D - have got a frozen low fat veggie lasagne in the freezer at work so that will do as I havent a clue whats on the menu.Will have it with salad(2)

snacks - banana, clementines,yoghurt(2)

hope to make my 5 a day.

Have a good day all x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all - :T

Here is my plan for the day:

Breakfast - oats so simple made with milk, fresh fruit (blueberries, pear, apple and satsuma). (heb, hea & free, free and free) Cereal and berries now and the rest of the fruit in about an hour. That sets me up fine till about 1pm for lunch.

Lunch - Homemade chicken vegetable soup (made from remains of last nights chicken) not made this yet but will be doing it this morning! (free)

snack - cup of tea and an a couple of mincemeat scan bran cakes - 2 syns

Dinner - SW Cottage pie with carrots and mixed veg topped with real potato!!! (free, free, heb) Then for pudding later the rest of the mince cakes topped with half a tin of value custard (10 syns together) making a total of 12 syns for the day.

The weather is terrible outside today so other than taking Charlie out for his walkies I will be staying in and doing all those little jobs that I have been putting off - like hoovering, dusting, laundry!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Love
    Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • procrastinator
    Options
    Hi
    I have been to the market this morn after dropping DS to school. Didn't buy much and got very wet. My stepper shows I have walked 27K in 3days - I was hoping to get to 30K with the walk to market - parked several streets away. Weather brightening up now so will take a walk into town later need to get to 40K by the end of today.
    Bfast was coffee and cereal. Will make lentil soup for lunch, diner - not sure, bought a nice cauliflower from the market as I fancy cauliflower cheese anyone know of a "light" version I could make? Snack today is fruit salad out of the freezer as it's not very nice and I need to make room.
    kiwichick I bought my stepper from tkmax last year, not sure if they have them this year but you should be able to pick one up easily enough from a sports shop.
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
  • kiwichick
    kiwichick Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ShelBell wrote: »

Can you point me in the direction of a reliable online BMI calculator please?? I've decided that given my history with bulima it is a much healthier choice for me to use a BMI goal as a target rather than a weight goal.
    WW Start Weight 18/04/12 = 19st 11lbs
    Weight today = 17st 6.5lbs
    Loss to date 32.5lbs!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills