PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 6. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    New thread, new me??

Today I have eaten:

B.....Small serving Lidl muesli
    Sn....coffee, chocolate biscuit.
    L......Banana sandwich;
    D.....will be soup, pork chop, baked spud, turnip or peas

Not drinking enough these days, nor eating my 5 a day, might bake a couple of apples to have later, with cinnamon find that minimum sugar is needed.

Good luck everybody

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    evening all!

had a bit of a mixed day today

B - scrambled egg on toast

L - half a cheese and tomato sandwich with extra salad, grapes and a clementine(2)

D - salmon fillet, roasted veg, butternut squash and peas(3)

sounds ok till I tell you I also had a small slice coffee cake,1 bag ryvita minis, 2 bits of Yorkie bar, big dollop mayo.:o :D
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • kittyscarlett
    Options
    meanmarie wrote: »
    Not drinking enough these days, nor eating my 5 a day, might bake a couple of apples to have later, with cinnamon find that minimum sugar is needed.

Good luck everybody

Marie

Ok I swore I wouldn't post on this thread ever again but eh... Marie, don't forget that fruit juice counts as one of your 5 a day - so maybe a glass of apple or OJ, help your fruit/veg & liquid intake in one go ? also dried, tinned and frozen fruit count too, put some extra fruit on your muesli and snack on a few raisins or dried apricots ? ( 5 of the latter counts as 1 of 5 a day ) And one I always forget, 1 portion of baked beans counts as 1 of 5 a day too ! :D

Good luck, /me vanishes back into the shadows now....
    " Baggy, and a bit loose at the seams.. "
    ~ November 8th 2008. Now totally DEBT FREE !~
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone - here is my plan for the day:

Breakfast - oats so simple, milk, blueberries and a pear (heb, hea. free)

Lunch - Lentil & vegetable soup with scanbrans & reduced fat egg mayonnaise on scan bran with baby tomatoes and 2 satsumas (free, 2.5 syns, free)

Dinner - Roast chicken dinner with boiled little potatoes in their skins, cauliflower, broccolli, carrots, gravy (free, heb, 3 syns)

Evening snack - meringue with rasberries and yogurt (3.5 syns)

I am embarrassed to admit that with all the cooking I do and all the soups I make I have never boiled up the remains of a chicken to make chicken soup! :eek: However times are achanging and I will (after stripping most of the left over meat off of course) attempt this tonight. My biggest worry is fat but I reckon if I boil it up tonight and let it cool down the fat should rise to the top and I should be able to easily remove it? Anyway I will give it a go:D Any advice gratefully received!

Love Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    • Bran flakes w/mixed dried fruit
    • Banana
    • Either soup or left over chilli (w/out the chips)
    • Seafood sticks
    • Either chicken or sausage casserole Ended up being chicken pie and chips
    • Bovril Didnt have this

Not too bad a day yesterday. Kept almost to it.

Today
    • Poached egg on toast
    • Fruit
    • Savoury rice with Tuna
    • Might make some crispy bacon
    • Chicken casserole (definately tonight)
    • Bovril, piece of fruit
    Have a good day all.

Do you all work towards specific targets or just go along with it as the weight comes off? Ive been thinking about this because if I wanted to I have a couple of targets in sight:
    • Target #1 420lbs/30 st. I dont know when I was last this weight but its a nice round number
    • Target #2 385lbs. This was my playing weight when I played American Football for a season.
    After that though I dont have any personal 'milestone' targets to reach, just my preferred final weight. So do you set like 7/14lbs goals for yourself or do you not bother?
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not too bad a day yesterday. Kept almost to it.

Do you all work towards specific targets or just go along with it as the weight comes off? Ive been thinking about this because if I wanted to I have a couple of targets in sight:
    • Target #1 420lbs/30 st. I dont know when I was last this weight but its a nice round number
    • Target #2 385lbs. This was my playing weight when I played American Football for a season.
    After that though I dont have any personal 'milestone' targets to reach, just my preferred final weight. So do you set like 7/14lbs goals for yourself or do you not bother?

I started off thinking that my goal weight was going to be my target but when I realised that it was 20 stone and could take me years to lose I freaked out:eek::eek: So now I just set my target as the next stone. So at the moment I am 22 something, my next target will be 21 something then when I reach that my next target will be 20 something etc. I find this works for me:D

Love
    Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

I started off with an initial target that I wanted to be 11 stone something (started at nearly 14) so now I am my next goal is to be 11 stone. This is proving much more difficult as little lapses seem to result in me putting a pound or so back on so maybe my natural weight is higher than I want it to be :confused: My BMI is now in the healthy range but still in the upper half so I would like to get that down a bit more.

B: 3 satsumas

L: Not sure, meeting a friend so probably soup or a jacket spud

D: Roast chicken with sweet potato mash, cabbage, carrots, broccoli and peas

S: Probably nothing as I am really busy today.

Have a great day all :D
  • ShelBell
    ShelBell Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    I do little targets along the way, like to reach 50lbs off, to reach 5 stone off, and my current one is to get into the BMI overweight range (29.9) as oppose to obese (30+) and that is now only about 1lb away!

After that, it'll be 6stone, then 100lbs :)
    Weight loss to date - 8st 13lbs :j
  • kiwichick
    kiwichick Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,

Having tried the low carb/high protein/vegetarian I gave up. Mainly because I dont like tofu, mushrooms or asparagus, all of which feature highly (read daily!)

I have an apy with the dietician tomorrow and have kept a food diary for her so am hopeful that she will be able to head me in the right (OS) direction.

Today I have had;

*oat so simple (found these in the back of the bottom kitchen cupboards yesterday when hunting out seeds for next years veg plot)
    *cup of tea with s/s milk

*toasted muffin with marmite and butter
    *cup of tea with s/s milk

Not too good as that counts as 2 breakfasts really! Have taken some HM ratitoulle (SP?) out of the freezer for tea tonight though so will be getting some veg there.

Al x
    WW Start Weight 18/04/12 = 19st 11lbs
    Weight today = 17st 6.5lbs
    Loss to date 32.5lbs!!!
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    morning!

isparticus - I prefer small targets that are easily attainable - when I was losing weight it was too daunting to have a huge amount to lose as my target so I split it up into half stones. Now my target is to stop within 3lbs of my goal weight - have just about managed it since feb last year but its certainly not been easy hence why I like to come here every day for inspiration and ideas.

Kiwichick - good luck with the dietician.Hope you get some sensible advice and a plan that is realistic for you with nice things that you like to eat on it!

Floyd - I think you are right in that our bodies sometimes want a bit more meat on them than we would like and that we have to come to accept it. My body seems to like being 2 or 3 pounds over my target and although I can get back to target I never stop there for more than a week!:rolleyes: :D

Food today

B - spaghetti on toast

S - banana and clementine(1 1/2)

L - jacket spud with cheese and salad(1)

D - not sure yet will report back later

more snacks - dried apricots, SW trifle, clementine(2)

I need some veggies with my evening meal. Not having it till 8pm as its the dreaded weigh in tonight at SW!

have a good day all x

ps Retiredlady - I am finding reading your menu really interesting and the bits about the HEs etc.:T
    Do what you love :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport