We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

nilrems camp for the disappointed to seek solace!

Options

Comments

• monkeydog
    Options
    have you read the whole post?

extracting parts of posts and considering those parts out of context is not particularly clever

Yes, i did read the whole post, here it is again...
    i am not saying they do not have a right to contribute, i am asking WHY they are doing so

if i had been reimbursed already, i would not be singing the praises of the FSCS

at most i would acknowledge that they had done what they were paid to do, albeit in a highly unprofessional manner, and that the whole matter was handled disasterously

i would not be spending my day on forums insulting and misleading those with outstanding claims

Its the bit in red i am at a lost to. Exactly, if you don't mind, what part of it has been handled disasterously?

To me, disasterously would have been losing my money. :confused:
  • ajaxgeezer
    ajaxgeezer Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    monkeydog wrote: »
    Yes, i did read the whole post, here it is again...

Its the bit in red i am at a lost to. Exactly, if you don't mind, what part of it has been handled disasterously?

To me, disasterously would have been losing my money. :confused:

Do you mean losing your money by having to go to get the first 16k through the passport scheme from a country that simply doesn't have it? And then waiting for a paper-based backlog for the remainder up to 16k, that can take a further 6 months?

In the cold won't answer you, simply because he/she can't. One can understand their wish to get the money back, but to fire metaphorical bullets at an organisation that is making it better for all of us is just bizarre.

Come on, in the cold, tell us how your getting your dosh at the very end of November (worst case scenario) is any worse than what was originally supposed to happen after Iceland died?
  • oql61
    oql61 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    No second emails yet but very pleased to see the process is underway as others have received theirs.

I can't believe the way some are whingeing about the order and/or loss of interest - truly pathetic! A month ago we all thought we had lost the lot. I bet no one expected at that time that compension would have come so quickly and so easily. Good on the FSCS, they are doing an excellent job considering this payout is by far and away the biggest the scheme has ever done AND greatly exceeds the terms of the original promise.

Why do some people only every criticise the authorities no matter how good a job they do?

I have lost money from customers of my business going into receivership. I don't get any money back when that happens. Be grateful your savings have been saved in this way and get real ... lifes not fair but you are actually one of the lucky ones this time!

Wrong thread, mate.

This is for the whinging, greedy f*****s who want to vent their frustration about loss of interest, the unfairness of fixed term savers getting paid their interest in full and the slowness of the FSCS in getting out emails.
  • ajaxgeezer
    Options
    oql61 wrote: »
    Wrong thread, mate.

This is for the whinging, greedy f*****s who want to vent their frustration about loss of interest, the unfairness of fixed term savers getting paid their interest in full and the slowness of the FSCS in getting out emails.

OQL61, be honest with me. I'm taking you back to October 5th(ish) when Icesave went belly-up. Like me, you'll have done the reading to see where you stood.

If someone had offered you all your money back in full that you'd have invested by the end of November but with no extra interest, you'd have snapped their arm off for it wouldn't you?

I'll ask again - all of those who aren't happy, who'd rather have gone through the passport scheme? No takers so far.
  • goodethernet
    Options
    nilrem wrote: »
    Well TBH I am shocked that you can read my mind and tell what sort of person I am,:eek: however I can tell you that contrary to the view of some posters that I am a selfish greedy so and so (I don't post profanity with asterisks) I do actually care for my common man and woman, of course I would be pleased to be one of the early ones who would not? But I am sure that I would not keep posting here rubbing peoples noses in it and sneering at those who were less fortunate.

Look, you were the one that decreed this process to be "unfair" and then failed to explain to people what was unfair about it, so everyone has rightly assumed that the only "unfairness" that forms your opinion is the fact that you didn't get paid out first.

Maybe the process is in some way "unfair". So what? My take on it is that it's infinitely better than it could have been for everyone. A lot of people still see something negative in that for some reason that I just don't understand.
  • goodethernet
    Options
    just had a look at you sarcastic diatribe at #78 - excellent use of your waking hours or perhaps you were not fully conscious when you drafted it?

the reason many had accounts with icesave was because of the need to spread funds due to the low FSCS protection level - ever thought about that? i was fully aware of the passport scheme but had run out of UK registered banks, with full FSCS protection, to save with.

'unpaletable', not sure where you got that from, perhaps another moment when you were less than conscious?

my burning issue is that of unfair treatment something which you clearly endorse.

Nothing wrong with a bit of sarcasm and it's usually (very) close to the truth. If you were fully aware of the passport scheme and what that would have entailed I simply cannot see what you would find "unfair" about the current FSCS process for Icesave. If you have a "burning issue" with this process, you would have been positively incandescent with the Passport Scheme.

As for what I do with my waking hours. None of your business.
    As for my state of conciousness. Again, none of your business.
  • altocumulus
    Options
    we wait,
    some with patience,
    some with axes to grind:
    we wait,
    watching kettles boil....hitting re-fresh buttons galore,
    if only all this energy could be harnessed...

we wait....
  • ajaxgeezer
    Options
    we wait,
    some with patience,
    some with axes to grind:
    we wait,
    watching kettles boil....hitting re-fresh buttons galore,
    if only all this energy could be harnessed...

we wait....

.....are you Stuart Hall? :D
  • miserable_ol_so_n_so
    Options
    ajaxgeezer wrote: »
    without wishing this to sounds like a PPB for the Labour Party (God forbid), those democratically elected leaders have:-

- saved us all from the hassle of going to Iceland for the first 16k. That's saved us all months, maybe years with the strife that Iceland is in.

- (we must assume) instructed the FSCS to abandon the traditional paper-based compensation drudgery in favour of something quicker. Given that Icesave popped its clogs in October, and everyone will have their money in November, I'd say mission accomplished.

Do you honestly think anyone can be worse off this way than the originally laid-out way and timeframe?

I'm with you. I appreciate how much the PM and the Chancellor have done in coming to our rescue. My problem is that, it was not their wish for the process to drag on for as long as it has. Our leaders I am sure had hoped for this money, which is tied up in some institution to have been released for us to use as we wished. I still wonder, what has happened to the money that was in Icesave. Money did exist. I transferred out 1 day before Icesave went under. The money left my account. I was relieved that it had, when the news broke. I thogh said to myself, mine was enroute to my linked account. To my horfror, I found out two days later, that it was returned into my Icesave account! So, again, I ask, which organisation is holding it, how much more is there. There must be millions tied up. Who is reaping the benefits of that money, and what incentive is there for that body to release it quicker? It would seem like some body is collecting the interest, and not passing it on.
    ....Illegitimi non carborundum

...don't let the illegitimate ones grind you down....
  • chesky369
    chesky369 Posts: 2,590 Forumite
    Options
    "I thought i'd jump on and let people know that the claims were going through, it will happen in the end."

And you have special knowledge ? In that case, perhaps you can let me know precisely when my e-mail will arrive; if not, keep schtum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport