We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

nilrems camp for the disappointed to seek solace!

Options

Comments

• in_the_cold
    Options
    monkeydog wrote: »
    Haha, no chap i don't.

I do like the way you didn't take anything on board i had to say though. Was that the best you could come up with?

Nice and grateful then.... Yea, i hate the FSCS, damn them for giving me my money back, damn them to hell :rotfl:

You've lost me on this bit. What exactly has gone wrong with the process?

As i said in my first post, i'm a long time lurker. I thought i'd jump on and let people know that the claims were going through, it will happen in the end.

i did not deign to address each aspect of your response as it did not impart anything new, just the same old dross about the splenders of the FSCS

sincerely hope you have got more money than sense because you are going to need it
  • monkeydog
    Options
    i did not deign to address each aspect of your response as it did not impart anything new, just the same old dross about the splenders of the FSCS

sincerely hope you have got more money than sense because you are going to need it

You still haven't answered my question....
    albeit in a highly unprofessional manner, and that the whole matter was handled disasterously

What exactly has 'disasterously' gone wrong with the process?
  • amistupid
    amistupid Posts: 55,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    nilrem wrote: »
    Well TBH I am shocked that you can read my mind and tell what sort of person I am,:eek: however I can tell you that contrary to the view of some posters that I am a selfish greedy so and so (I don't post profanity with asterisks)

Presumably this is the post that most upset you:

[How many times must you greedy idiots be told. You've NOT LOST any money (the government made sure of that) you've just NOT GAINED anything.

Oh woe is you, you have so much cash you're worried about living off the interest. Suck it up, be grateful you're getting the whole lot back and shut up. You really are low lifes complaining you've not made a profit out of an economy collapsing.

ungrateful, greedy *******s]

I questioned the number of asterisks in the parting quip, pointing out that savers only requires *****s not *******s. Now if it was the very naughty F profanity it would be ******s, The only one I can think of that fits is the naughty B (illegitimate child) profanity. There are far few letters amongst the asterisks to positively identify the missing word, in fact I would say it is the worst piece of hidden profanity I've ever come across.;)
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • miserable_ol_so_n_so
    Options
    chesky369 wrote: »
    When this is over, I think we shall all have to go and lie down in a darkened room for a while.

Scotch!......
    ....Illegitimi non carborundum

...don't let the illegitimate ones grind you down....
  • in_the_cold
    Options
    monkeydog wrote: »
    You still haven't answered my question....

What exactly has 'disasterously' gone wrong with the process?

have you read the whole post?

extracting parts of posts and considering those parts out of context is not particularly clever
  • miserable_ol_so_n_so
    Options
    ajaxgeezer wrote: »
    ....as repeated ad finitum, B will get B's money a lot faster than B really had a right to expect. Next week, when B jumps from the ranks to the Have Nots to the Haves, B will be very grateful to F. Just like A is.

If it wasn't for the excellent work of F, B would have had to wait maybe a year without interest. Anything better than that is a bonus for B, not a cause for complaint.

Let us not forget that our democratically elected leadrs, when they allocated the funds to compensate us savers, they did not have in mind a process that would drag on and on. We are now in middle of Nov, and only a few have received invitation to withdraw. Dont forget there are 200,000 odd investors. To my mind, that is the problem. Combine this delay, with the drop of interest rates for reinvesting, and if one looks at it like that, one ought to conclude that the process is not working to the best advantage of the saver. It is perfectly legitimate for the aggrieved, to be able to draw attention to this, and look for improvements. After all, it is the taxpayer (including us savers) whose money is not being used to the advantage of the saver. I still havent had anyone answer, which bank/organisation is holding the compensation money thats been allocated, and what is in the best interest of that organisation-speedy return or long drawn out affair.
    ....Illegitimi non carborundum

...don't let the illegitimate ones grind you down....
  • iwhitehouse
    Options
    No second emails yet but very pleased to see the process is underway as others have received theirs.

I can't believe the way some are whingeing about the order and/or loss of interest - truly pathetic! A month ago we all thought we had lost the lot. I bet no one expected at that time that compension would have come so quickly and so easily. Good on the FSCS, they are doing an excellent job considering this payout is by far and away the biggest the scheme has ever done AND greatly exceeds the terms of the original promise.

Why do some people only every criticise the authorities no matter how good a job they do?

I have lost money from customers of my business going into receivership. I don't get any money back when that happens. Be grateful your savings have been saved in this way and get real ... lifes not fair but you are actually one of the lucky ones this time!
  • Wolf_Man
    Options
    I was just going to post that I still haven't got my second email yet... but it looks like the flame wars have started.
  • hellyboo_2
    Options
    Hi oql61 - thanks!!
    amistupid - unless they can't spell!
    miserable-ol-so-n-so - hic!
  • ajaxgeezer
    ajaxgeezer Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    Let us not forget that our democratically elected leadrs, when they allocated the funds to compensate us savers, they did not have in mind a process that would drag on and on. We are now in middle of Nov, and only a few have received invitation to withdraw. Dont forget there are 200,000 odd investors. To my mind, that is the problem. Combine this delay, with the drop of interest rates for reinvesting, and if one looks at it like that, one ought to conclude that the process is not working to the best advantage of the saver. It is perfectly legitimate for the aggrieved, to be able to draw attention to this, and look for improvements. After all, it is the taxpayer (including us savers) whose money is not being used to the advantage of the saver. I still havent had anyone answer, which bank/organisation is holding the compensation money thats been allocated, and what is in the best interest of that organisation-speedy return or long drawn out affair.

without wishing this to sounds like a PPB for the Labour Party (God forbid), those democratically elected leaders have:-

- saved us all from the hassle of going to Iceland for the first 16k. That's saved us all months, maybe years with the strife that Iceland is in.

- (we must assume) instructed the FSCS to abandon the traditional paper-based compensation drudgery in favour of something quicker. Given that Icesave popped its clogs in October, and everyone will have their money in November, I'd say mission accomplished.

Do you honestly think anyone can be worse off this way than the originally laid-out way and timeframe?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport