nilrems camp for the disappointed to seek solace!

Options

Comments

• Streetperson
    Options
    Well I am now very disaffected by ORANGE whose email service is still not working (despite it supposed to be back on line at 3.00pm )so I cannot check my mails but on the positive side today I have got some work done.

I think Orange (who are FRENCH) must in league with Iceland in not letting us even know whether we have the 2nd email.

A
  • grastgirl
    Options
    chesky369 wrote: »
    I haven’t had my second e-mail yet……… got my first one last Friday, so I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised not to be amongst the lucky early receivers. I’m truly doing my best to be stiff-upper-lip-ish about it but, as we all know, logic has no place in human emotion, so every now and again I do feel like shouting ‘get a-****ing move on, you ****ers’ (most unladylike, I know).

As far as we can tell so far it doesn't seem to matter when you got your first email wrt when you get the 2nd, this received wisdom could be wrong though.

I also think people who have received their second e-mail have no place on this particular thread. It’s for those who are wallowing in misery and we really don’t want little rays of sunshine, telling us how all’s for the best in the best of all possible worlds. I personally think these posts are from the IT wing of the FSCS and that in actual fact, NOBODY has really received them.

Sorry you feel we don't belong here, but I like to think I've not been singing FSCS's praises, I personally thought they were a bit useless at keeping us informed at the beginning.

P.S. I can promise you that I don't work for FSCS and that it's not all a big wind up.
    MFW #66 - £4800 target
  • Veryunique_2
    Options
    I think the FSCS are really doing quite well. Brownie points (no pun intended) for going with electronic system, usual log-ins, passwords, BACs to banks. And we will all get compensation within the required 3 months if we so choose which ,considering this is a first time effort and the normal snail's pace of anything connected with government bodies, is almost miraculous.

Those with long term fixed bonds should believe in miracles. I thought Icesave's insolvency would mean all bonds maturing on default day full stop.
    I wonder who took the decision to allow all this largesse ? And at the old rate of interest too !! And the favourable terms extended to those with more than 50K....

There is nothing much to complain about at all really. Some people have been incredibly lucky to come out of this with their capital intact so anything else is a bonus.

My moan is why alphabetical order would have been inherently unfair as some are saying. Why is that unfair ? My surname is at the end of the alphabet anyway but I would know not to expect any money back until December and just forget about any remaining good deals. At the moment I feel more like
    a tightrope walker.
  • The_MoneySavingKid
    Options
    TBH I think everyone should stop complaining,and be greatful that eventually they should recieve their money.
    We should be greatful that a service like this exists,where we can rely on them to cough the money up should a financial institution go bust.
    The only reason I am posting this,is that although people and companies do try their best there is always someone to complain,even if they are aware of the situation.I understand that there will be complainers,but paitience could really be the key.
    I do not work for any instituion,I am just a 15 year old realising that we shouldn't complain as much.
  • SacMac
    SacMac Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    No 2nd email, very frustrating. Still, I do realise that somebody had to come first in the queue, and that was never going to be me!!!

I'm not dissatisfied with the way FSCS have dealt with things, although there was quite a long wait at the beginning after the announcement was originally made by Mr Darling, which was a nail-biting time. Now it's more frustrating than anything.

Currently wondering how next month's mortgage payment is going to be made, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it :D
    Sheryl
    An Icesaver no more :T
  • nilrem_2
    nilrem_2 Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nilrem would never have called this process unfair if he/she had been at the front of the queue. How quickly all these moaners forgot how it could have gone.......

Well TBH I am shocked that you can read my mind and tell what sort of person I am,:eek: however I can tell you that contrary to the view of some posters that I am a selfish greedy so and so (I don't post profanity with asterisks) I do actually care for my common man and woman, of course I would be pleased to be one of the early ones who would not? But I am sure that I would not keep posting here rubbing peoples noses in it and sneering at those who were less fortunate.
  • chesky369
    chesky369 Posts: 2,590 Forumite
    Options
    Oh blimey, Nilrem, now you have made me feel guilty...... I asterisked in one of my messages and now I'm feeling like a really bad person.
  • nilrem_2
    Options
    i am not saying they do not have a right to contribute, i am asking

Sorry; in the cold I was not intending to have a go at you it was meant to be in support of your post, I just get 'flustered with words sometimes and people take me the wrong way, sorry.:o

FWIW I thought it was very unkind of another poster to make the comment to you
    Get over it
    it is not nice but it is often made by people who consider they are superior, IMHO it says more about themselves than the person it is aimed at. :) best to just ignore it.
  • nilrem_2
    Options
    Oh blimey, Nilrem, now you have made me feel guilty...... I asterisked in one of my messages and now I'm feeling like a really bad person.

OMG I am upsetting everyone now! sorry :o I was not referring to you it was a comment made about me in another thread where I was referred to as a greedy *something!:o

Please accept my apologies I don't want everyone here to hate me, I am the bad boy as it is! :eek:

* Edit sorry it was Ungrateful greedy *something and I was also a 'low life' :eek:
  • oql61
    oql61 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    4.55 pm. Still no email.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business