nilrems camp for the disappointed to seek solace!

Options

Comments

• oql61
    oql61 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    monkeydog wrote: »
    Quoted from the FSCS website

How is it not getting there? I personally have my compensation now. Many others are on their 2nd email. Seems like it's working to me.

And plenty of us are yet to receive our 2nd emails (and may have to wait until 4th December before we do so)!
  • monkeydog
    Options
    oql61 wrote: »

How is it not getting there? I personally have my compensation now. Many others are on their 2nd email. Seems like it's working to me.

And plenty of us are yet to receive our 2nd emails (and may have to wait until 4th December before we do so)!

But you have received your first email yes? Therefore it's working. I would be worried if you hadn't had anything at all. Unfortunatly you just have to sit tight and wait for that 2nd email.
  • amistupid
    amistupid Posts: 55,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hey! Chin up, we've had the first report of someone receiving an email today on sloughflint's thread :j :T :j :T

Hold your horses!
    Are you sure it's not one of the poll clairvoyants mistaking next weeks results. :D
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • Aegis
    Aegis Posts: 5,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Because it's not full compensation, is it? What about interest lost between 7th October and eventual payout?
    Be grateful for what they're doing for you! For a while it looked as though savers were in very real danger of losing everything, and you're going to quibble over the less than 1% you would probably have received between the final interest payment and getting your money back? Honestly, it sounds like you need to get a sense of perspective as to exactly what is being done to help you (and me, and countless others), and to remember how close you came to losing at least a large part of your money permanently.
    I am a Chartered Financial Planner
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
  • oql61
    Options
    But you have received your first email yes? Therefore it's working. I would be worried if you hadn't had anything at all. Unfortunatly you just have to sit tight and wait for that 2nd email.

It certainly seems to be working for some. Unfortunately, until we have sight of the 2nd email there are many of us who don't know whether it's working or not!
  • oql61
    Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Be grateful for what they're doing for you! For a while it looked as though savers were in very real danger of losing everything, and you're going to quibble over the less than 1% you would probably have received between the final interest payment and getting your money back? Honestly, it sounds like you need to get a sense of perspective as to exactly what is being done to help you (and me, and countless others), and to remember how close you came to losing at least a large part of your money permanently.

I am grateful, believe you me, but I'll be a damn sight more grateful when I receive the money (and hopefully not FOUR WEEKS after the first people have received theirs)!
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    amistupid wrote: »
    Hold your horses!
    Are you sure it's not one of the poll clairvoyants mistaking next weeks results. :D

Nope, it's genuine people getting the email today :j

I know there was already a tick for Thursday and 4 for Friday so they can be discounted but people are posting to say they've got 2nd emails this afternoon :D

Fingers crossed we'll be in this batch! :A
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • monkeydog
    Options
    It certainly seems to be working for some. Unfortunately, until we have sight of the 2nd email there are many of us who don't know whether it's working or not!

Of course you know it's working. You've had the aknowledgement email, you haven't been forgotten.
  • ajaxgeezer
    ajaxgeezer Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options

... there's absolutely no reason to believe it's not working. It was always going to be phased, and not everyone can be in the first phase.
  • justaquickie
    Options
    Still waiting. I'm not too fussed, but friends and relatives are genuinely concerned that once I do receive email2, my general email reponse times will slow to their previous disgraceful levels. ie. when I can be bothered to check. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'm beginning to think those far yet dear have asked the FSCS to hold back my email2 until last. _pale_
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure