IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Should I pay..Civil Enforcement Ltd?

Options

Comments

• wagssmith
    Options
    I received a parking notice from Civil Enforcement Limited at the Rivergate Shopping Centre, Irvine for £40. I wrote to them appealing this as I was working in the centre with the permission of the Management Suite but didn't know about having to pay £1 to stay longer than 3 hours, I was over by 16 mins. They have written back and have turned down my appea. After reading other people's stories I have decided to not to pay. Has anyone else had a ticket recently and not paid?
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    In short ignore, for a more detailed answer please post a new thread below, also read the post above yours

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • pizzaman2012
    Options
    I've read a number of posts about tickets from the above named company. Clearly a number of people have chosen to ignore these fines (£75 if paid within 14 days - £150 thereafter).

I doubt the integrity of the ticket as the duration which the company claim I was parked there for is, to my recollection, wrong.

Have those people that ignored these notices faced any further repercussions/consequences as a result of ignoring the fine from the beginning?

Would really appreciate it if someone who has been in a similar position to let me know what the outcome of their fine was...£75 is a lot of money especially at this time of year - and even more so if it is just a scam!

Any advice/help would be appreciated...

thanks in advance
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    its not a fine, your under no obligation to pay, read up on them on this forum.
    and they even send out fake court papers - if you receive anything like that always check first though.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 January 2013 at 9:26PM
    Options
    I've read a number of posts about tickets from the above named company. Clearly a number of people have chosen to ignore these fines (£75 if paid within 14 days - £150 thereafter).

I doubt the integrity of the ticket as the duration which the company claim I was parked there for is, to my recollection, wrong.

Have those people that ignored these notices faced any further repercussions/consequences as a result of ignoring the fine from the beginning?

Would really appreciate it if someone who has been in a similar position to let me know what the outcome of their fine was...£75 is a lot of money especially at this time of year - and even more so if it is just a scam!

Any advice/help would be appreciated...

thanks in advance

Not sure how you expect to get advice by posting on an ancient thread that has a MASSIVE note on it to say 'please don't post here, start a new thread on the forum if you need to after reading the current threads (i.e. not this old rambling archive one)'! :rotfl:

Here is the current forum, happy reading. At least read the first 20 or 30 threads (not the Park Right thread) and you'll soon get it. Of course it's a scam!:

HTH

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

See my signature and read the current forum instead of this old thread. The current threads are just ONE click away.

DO NOT REPLY HERE. THANKS!

This is just a random old thread - you have missed ALL the current threads just by not clicking ONCE.

This is just a random old thread - you have missed ALL the current threads just by not clicking ONCE.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    Options
    Some people just cant read coupon mad....
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • B3NN10N
    Options
    Hi,

Civil enforcement ltd and other such profit led companies must be stopped.

Please sign my petition to stop DVLA selling them our information.

I cannot post links but the petition can be found on the HM Government epetition site by searching 'Stop DVLA selling our private information'

Thank you - please share!

Andrew
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

See my signature and read the current forum instead of this old thread. The current threads are just ONE click away.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • vaengr
    vaengr Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I know we get redirected to post elsewhere with a link to a seemingly random page about PCN and parking charges but google brings us here first when searching about Civil Enforcement Ltd. Would a link to the current discussion about them not be more helpful to those not used to using this forum (I searched and could not find a more useful thread than this).
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

The advice is to ignore, if you want further input please create a new thread in the link below.

When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport