IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Should I pay..Civil Enforcement Ltd?

Options

Comments

• peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I will not affect your credit rating
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2012 at 9:56AM
    Options
    nixhovell wrote: »
    hi everyone i also have one of these from civil enforcement, now on 3rd letter from newlyn, apparently newlyn are not a nice company, i know someone from a debt help agency and newlyns are B***tards! i dont believe i over parked, if so it was 5 minutes, but it is in my husbands name even though he was not driving, i have emailed the company- whom passed it over to newlyn whom wrote ro me stating that although it is not law to divulge whom was driving the car, he is still liable, my husband is now hitting the roof saying that the baliffs are going to take everything- its a bit of a panic as to what to do!!!!!! this has been going on since last october, it was on the isle of wight!
    would appriciate if anyone has actually had anything taken ,the last letter is notice prior to county court proceedings, I took advice from peeps on here to ignore- but still worried as it affects credit and so far my credits it excellent! thanks

You have this in writing from them?

A complaint to the Office of Fair Trading is needed. Show them the email. State that they are misrepresenting the true legal position of your husband in order to extort money.

You need to understand that Newlyns are acting as Debt Collectors here, not Bailiffs - they cannot act as bailiffs until after a court case (not going to happen), you lose (really really not going to happen), and then you still don't pay up (so you see, you are still in control). ONLY THEN can they act as bailiffs.

Clearly that is not going to happen, so please get your husband to relax.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunately, you have made the classic error of being drawn into a conversation with them.

YOU ARE NOT DEALING WITH HONEST PEOPLE!

So you CANNOT win an argument! Their objective is not to resolve the issue fairly, but to collect money off you!

It is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT that they are a firm of bailiffs. They have ZERO AUTHORITY unless they are dealing with something that has already been decided in Court.

And this case will NEVER go to court because it is not backed by law- despite the lies which are routinely told as part of the collection procedure.

For goodness sake, do not treat scammers as though they were honest and legitimate operators.

Their entire business model centres around telling you lies.

If you have in writing the LIE that your husband can be held liable though he wasn't driving, do as Manx says and report them.

Other than that, just completely ignore them from here on! Even the company's name is a lie! They are not Civil, and they NEVER enforce anything.

They WILL go away if you ignore them, their stock-in-trade is bluff and bluster, but they know that any Court would laugh at them.... and probably ask some questions about the fitness of Newlyn to hold licences if it sees that letter!

Using them is a part of the scam. They have a less than nice reputation, absolutely, but they are NOT dealing with you under the authority of any court order and never will be!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    This thread needs closing if possible please, Board Guides?

It should be readable of course - as it's a good thing if people Google and find it to read - but not able to be added to, there's a whole current forum here talking about fake PCNs like this one and it's far better to have one case, one thread.

All the recent questions are already answered in the forum. The current forum.

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

See my signature and read the current forum instead of this old thread.

DO NOT REPLY HERE. THANKS!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • wkd19912
    Options
    Hi all, new to this website need a little help please!
    I was parked on a car park late the other night at 22:06 I left the car park at 22:42 I have received a fine for £70 but halved if I pay within 14 days, this was issued by Civil Enforcement LTD in Liverpool, the car park is no where near this! This used to be a free car park but now is monitored by CCTV and is only free for the first 20 minutes, I never knew this I pulled over to have a chat with friends and use my mobile phone, the question is do I pay this or avoid? I am only 20 and don't want debt collectors coming around my parents house or appearing in court!
    Please any tips or help? Many thanks!!!
  • Welsh_Exile
    Welsh_Exile Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 22 June 2012 at 8:15PM
    Options
    wkd19912 wrote: »
    Hi all, new to this website need a little help please!
    I was parked on a car park late the other night at 22:06 I left the car park at 22:42 I have received a fine for £70 but halved if I pay within 14 days, this was issued by Civil Enforcement LTD in Liverpool, the car park is no where near this! This used to be a free car park but now is monitored by CCTV and is only free for the first 20 minutes, I never knew this I pulled over to have a chat with friends and use my mobile phone, the question is do I pay this or avoid? I am only 20 and don't want debt collectors coming around my parents house or appearing in court!
    Please any tips or help? Many thanks!!!
    Please read the post above yours and start a new thread - this is a very old one. But don't panic as your course of action is very simple!
  • Panda1989
    Options
    Hey I was hoping for some advice a few weeks ago I was parked in KFC at birstall as chiquito's car park was full an yesterday I received a letter saying I had to pay £150 in 28days otherwise my details will be passed to a debt recovery agency. Now I never saw any signs and am extremely worried as I don't wanna be taken to court and I don't want people knocking on my door some people are saying to pay it an others are sayin ignore it so I have no idea what to do I'm just worrying myself sick as I don't have that sort of money the letter says that if I want them to send the photographic evidence that they have them I have to send them £10. Please help as I'm only 22 and really don't wanna make this situation any worse. Thanks
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Please read the posts above yours and then you will see that you can ignore their stupid demands.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 10 July 2012 at 10:55AM
    Options
    Panda1989 wrote: »
    Hey I was hoping for some advice a few weeks ago I was parked in KFC at birstall as chiquito's car park was full an yesterday I received a letter saying I had to pay £150 in 28days otherwise my details will be passed to a debt recovery agency. Now I never saw any signs and am extremely worried as I don't wanna be taken to court and I don't want people knocking on my door some people are saying to pay it an others are sayin ignore it so I have no idea what to do I'm just worrying myself sick as I don't have that sort of money the letter says that if I want them to send the photographic evidence that they have them I have to send them £10. Please help as I'm only 22 and really don't wanna make this situation any worse. Thanks

Neither of the above will happen!

I collected another fake PCN this week and I laughed at it! :rotfl:

All you get is junk mail so warn the people who may see the scary letters arrive (they are sent to the registered keeper) that it is ALL A SCAM.

Your questions are already answered in the forum.

The current forum, which is easy to find. This is just a random old thread - you have missed ALL the current threads just by not clicking ONCE.

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

See my signature and read the current forum instead of this old thread. The current threads are just ONE click away.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    The current forum, which is easy to find. This is just a random old thread - you have missed ALL the current threads just by not clicking ONCE.

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

See my signature and read the current forum instead of this old thread. The current threads are just ONE click away.

DO NOT REPLY HERE. THANKS!The current forum, which is easy to find. This is just a random old thread - you have missed ALL the current threads just by not clicking ONCE.

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

DO NOT REPLY HERE. THANKS!The current forum, which is easy to find. This is just a random old thread - you have missed ALL the current threads just by not clicking ONCE.

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

PLEASE NEWBIES,
    NO NEW REPLIES HERE!

Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure