IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Should I pay..Civil Enforcement Ltd?

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    He was so aggressive and keen to point out that Civil Enforcement are a 'Limited company' then swear at people in the end, that I am sure this was a troll. He also ranted on about 'people leaving the car park' and you don't get a newbie saying that!

Some sad individual who works for CE methinks (not Perky). If so then they deserve all they get because it's them who used Newlyn originally (shockingly worded letters), then moved on to their own versions saying that they could affect a person's ability to get credit and then sending out fake Court papers.

Horrendous abusers of the OFT debt collection guidelines. Scumbags.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    edited 2 April 2012 at 1:35PM
    Options
    ManxRed wrote: »
    I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Perky usually comes back with reasons why PPC tickets are legit (even if his reasons are always wrong). And normally he will hijack threads about any or all PPCs. This guy only picked two threads about the same PPC - presumably the one he received a ticket from? He only got angry when we all started calling him a troll and questioning his english language skills.

I dunno, I'm probably being kind, and maybe he was a troll, but I don't think it was Perky, not his MO.

I think in this case it is simply that you are being kind. This probably wasn't, upon reflection, Perky, but definitely was, as Coupon says, someone from CE. The giveaway was when he started to try and say how justified they were to protect KFC from people who parked with them and walked into town... certainly not what you would get from a real newbie, or from someone who'd been nicked by them for doing just that. Ask yourself, what was the purpose of putting the post up at all? And he joined 6 weeks earlier but had never posted.... so did he have a crystal ball in which he foresaw that CE would give him a ticket? The guy was absolutely transparent. I wouldn't even give it "nice try".

And, I would add, there have been a few posters on here lately who were challenged as trolls at first, but who actually turned out to be genuine. Their reaction wasn't the violent aggression that we saw from this guy. That hatred came out as soon as he saw he'd fooled no-one.
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    Fair enough! I'm too soft!!
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • neartic
    Options
    they have got to prove you were driving the car in the first place, the other company in scotland town and city parking do the same. they only get money out of people who are scared not to pay i was on one site of a lawyer who is right into this, evan if you are in a pay to display car park if you only pay for 1 hour and dont get back to your car in time and they ticket it if you go to the machine and get another ticket for an hour that covers it because they cant fine you for them losing money because all they might have lost is 1 hour which you you paid when you returned to the car the fine cannot be more than the parking fee i wish i could remember the site i was on this guy is !!!! hot with the parking laws in scotland
  • neartic
    Options
    its called whatastate.org.uk
  • dizzydiver70
    Options
    Both my parents and I both got a enforcement notice of parking contravention on 14th April 2012 - dating back to 25th March 2012 - for parking At Severn Park car park in Bridgnorth from this company. We both paid for days parking and got there at 1pm and left at 5pm ish. I was livid, and complained to the town council about it. I stumbled over this forum after searching to see if this was legal as even the letter heading looked dodgy. I have insisted that the council look into it as that car park was heaving - the first hot day of the year, and if everyone had this letter, what a killing that company will make. After all if my parents and i paid thats £70 for nothing. Makes my blood boil.
    Be interesting to see what the council says about it all - afterall its their tourest trade its going to look bad on.
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Options
    Does it have anything to do with the Council? £70 isn't a council ticket.

If it is only from this pathetic firm, then file it under "Ignore". Despite their name, they do not do enforcement, civil or otherwise, they are just a standard scamming outfit. Expect some toilet paper after which they give up and look for dumber targets who actually believe a word they say.....

Though as you say, there will be a fair proportion that think it's kosher and pay up... but then, according to the old saying, there's one born every minute.

Just put all your family and friends wise so they don't fall for the scam... NEVER pay a private parking company.
  • F_The_Gov
    F_The_Gov Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2012 at 5:32PM
    Options
    Ahhhh sh*t people, I have been getting the same letters through the post. The first one came around 3 weeks ago, posted by CE-Services... what's that, like civil enforcement? Some rubbish I tell you. It stated that I was 2 hours over the agreed customer parking period, so I had to pay a "fine" of £75. Thing is the letter isn't in my name, it's in my dads name and he knows nothing about this letter. I can't tell him because he is like information overload and wouldn't understand if I told him it's nothing to worry about. So it's kept quiet...

I ignored it since I seen everyone's posts on here and it gave me a slight sigh of relief. Now I have received the second one asking for double the amount of the first one which is now standing at £150. It states "Failure to pay the full amount within seven days of this notice may result in us issuing an Immediate County Court Summons against you. A warrant may then be issues to bailiffs to recover the amounts due, plus court fees, bailiff costs and interest"

FIRSTLY!!! I am in Scotland and our laws are different when it comes to these so called 'Bailiffs'... considering they don't exist here o_O meaning if someone did turn up, I can phone the police and tell them people are trespassing. And how can they possibly retrieve what I owe them? I owe them nothing and lastly how can a private parking company fine you when they ain't Council, Police, Government?

Will I continue to ignore them?
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    You have grasped the situation 100%.

These people have no legal claim to your (dad's) money, but are hoping you don't understand that. Sadly, for them, you do.

Of course they cannot fine people. Of course they cannot just simply 'send a bailiff round'.

Ignore them, it is (unsurprisingly) a scam.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • F_The_Gov
    F_The_Gov Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2012 at 4:21PM
    Options
    ManxRed wrote: »
    You have grasped the situation 100%.

These people have no legal claim to your (dad's) money, but are hoping you don't understand that. Sadly, for them, you do.

Of course they cannot fine people. Of course they cannot just simply 'send a bailiff round'.

Ignore them, it is (unsurprisingly) a scam.

I really can't tell my dad about this though because we have had a fall out recently and this would escalate the situation like a hydrogen BOMB! I'm an added driver!

I don't know why the Scottish Parliament haven't done anything about this yet =/

I'm going to fine the 2 cars sitting out the front of my property... I would probably get laughed at trying to!

Edit: I will admit, I was going to pay it when I first opened it 3 weeks ago... until I thought to myself "hold on, paying a private company?"

I've heard of people getting them through the post just for parking in a housing scheme, how the hell does that work. People pay road tax, taxes here and there... so I take it that doesn't count haha!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure