IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Should I pay..Civil Enforcement Ltd?

Options

Comments

• juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Another letter from Newlyn - dated 11th and giving me 7 days to reply. That's twice this has happened, but the rest of my post gets here on time...
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• michael59_2
    Options
    michael59 wrote: »
    I have received a ticket from the above for being 12 minutes over the allowed time at MacDonalds.
    I find it strange that they are happy to keep taking your money whilst at the same time allowing CEL to issue you with a ticket.
    Having looked at the replies posted I am minded to ignore CEL.
    Advise please

michael59

Just received my third letter fron Newlyn [notice prior to county court proceeding] stating that registering this with the county court will allow baliffs to remove itemsfrom my property.
    Still minded as before to keep ignoring these letters, advice please.
  • Hadeon
    Hadeon Posts: 367 Forumite
    Options
    Just received my third letter fron Newlyn [notice prior to county court proceeding] stating that registering this with the county court will allow baliffs to remove itemsfrom my property.

Do as you have already done and are 'still minded to do' ie IGNORE SOME MORE.

In my case I received about 18 threatograms from CEL & Newlyn before the penny dropped, they finally got the message & gave-up.

Heed and trust the advice of so many others who have been exactly where you are. NOTHING BUT NOTHING will happen.
  • xdezirx
    xdezirx Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

I've also had a parking fine from these people and heard they are scams. Does anyone know more info on this? i'm not paying these people if it is a scam!!!
  • Hadeon
    Hadeon Posts: 367 Forumite
    edited 25 November 2010 at 5:51PM
    Options
    xdezirx wrote: »
    Hi All

I've also had a parking fine from these people and heard they are scams. Does anyone know more info on this? i'm not paying these people if it is a scam!!!

Yes, this thread's as good a place to start as any!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,896 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    xdezirx wrote: »
    Hi All

Please read the current threads on the board, start with the main top few sticky threads:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

These companies have no authority to fine anyone. You'll understand about this scam with a bit more reading. Don't even THINK about appealing or paying.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You're a letter behind me, and I'm ignoring. So keep going! It will end soon
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• malhop4
    Options
    hi i have just received a parking notice for £150 reduced to £75 if i pay within 14 days ive never heard of this company please help me
    marion xxx
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ignore it, it will then become £0 from today. Seriously ignore them they are relying on you feeling intimidated and paying. Ignoring them is the best policy.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Have a good read of all the posts on here and be happy in that they can safely be ignored.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure