IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Should I pay..Civil Enforcement Ltd?

Options

Comments

• victor_kruger
    Options
    Newlyn PLC just sent the third request for £208 , notice prior to court proceedings threat this time,ive got 14 days to pay apparently :) in the bin like all the rest.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    May I repeat the recommendation to file all paperwork from ppc's et al and not to bin them. Its just insurance in the unlikely event of them getting rowdy.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Colint_2
    Options
    More advice required...Just received my 3rd letter from newlyn, and they are now threatining me with the following, "You have failed to pay the above parking ticket, and this may now be registered in the county court. This action will allow bailiffs to remaove household effects and cars from your property, and may affect your credit rating."...Do i keep on ignoring them or do i give in to the bullying and pay up?
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    The important word is MAY. They can't just register something at county court, there would have to be a complete legal process which they won't try cos they would lose. To get bailiffs involved means they would have to take you to court (unlikely) you to lose(even more unlikely) and then you ignore the courts judgement and not pay(not going to happen is it) so you can see just how far any problem is away from you. Its all scare tactics to get you worried and it works, usually but you have more information than the normal victim. So----continue to ignore you are nearly at the end.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    ""You have failed to pay the above parking ticket, and this may now be registered in the county court."

If they used those exact words then you have grounds for a serious complaint as such an action is impossible in law.
    The SIA should be ignored, use the CSA. That wording breaks codes with abandon and Newlyn are (currently) CSA registered.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Colint wrote: »
    More advice required...Just received my 3rd letter from newlyn, and they are now threatining me with the following, "You have failed to pay the above parking ticket, and this may now be registered in the county court. This action will allow bailiffs to remaove household effects and cars from your property, and may affect your credit rating."...Do i keep on ignoring them or do i give in to the bullying and pay up?

How can taking it to court automatically allow bailiffs to remove items ? They need to win the case first, and you not paying the judgement within 30 days.

Really its a flagrant breach of the CSA rules , and should be reported to them as such!
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Colint wrote: »
    I got that letter a few weeks ago. So far nothing more has happened. I'll keep you updated with any developments, but I promise it will be ok :)
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have said before on a thread that the wording on that Newlyn letter needs reporting as illegal. They CANNOT just register and CCJ then come round & take personal possessions!

Please, please report them, all of you who have had that letter of lies. They should be stopped:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=03_harassment

Office of Fair Trading would be my first point to start with, and also someone on here has posted a link for reporting fraud, can anyone add it here as well?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, thanks very much esmerobbo.

IMHO anyone getting letters from Newlyn or Phillips (both of whom have a bailiff arm as well as a debt collector section) should be reporting them to as many places as possible.

That actionfraud link and the harassment fact sheet link I gave should give enough places to shop them to. This shocking misrepresentation of the facts really needs to be stopped, it is illegal under the Administration of Justice Act to pretend to have powers you do not (and a debt collector does NOT have bailiff powers!).

Newlyn and Phillips letters are the absolute pits IMHO, pretending that their debt collector section can send the boys round and remove items just because their letter-heading includes the magic word 'bailiffs'. I bet lots of people are scared into paying by these letters.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure