IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Should I pay..Civil Enforcement Ltd?

Options

Comments

• BIRCHY_2
    Options
    nic2075 wrote: »
    I got a ticket in this morning from Civil Enforcement Ltd saying I had a parking charge of £40 (if paid within 14 days or £70 after that!!) They say I was parked over the allowed time (3 hours) and they had photographic proof but I had to pay £10 to get it??
    I live in Scotland and this company is in Liverpool. I was parked at the Rivergate retail park in Irvine Scotland for no more that 2 1/2 hours, Im positive of this as I had to be back to get the kids form school. Im worried about appealing incase it goes over the 14 days then the amount goes up.
    Is a Civil charge the same as Law enforcement, what will happen if I dont pay it.
    I dont have a spare £10 for the pic let a lone £40. any advice is apreciated.
    Hi , I have just recieved my 2nd Newlyn letter sayin Inow owe £178.13,big jump from £45 so I rang them and told them i had used the same carpark and the same space for the week. Why was it only picked up on my last day of 5.Iwas a guest at the pub that was on the same carpark along with a supermarket.They have told me to contact the civil enforcement Co as they don't have any details.But I like the one " WHO WAS DRIVING?"
    I'll let you know the outcome.:A
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    BIRCHY wrote: »
    Hi , I have just recieved my 2nd Newlyn letter sayin Inow owe £178.13,big jump from £45 so I rang them and told them i had used the same carpark and the same space for the week. Why was it only picked up on my last day of 5.Iwas a guest at the pub that was on the same carpark along with a supermarket.They have told me to contact the civil enforcement Co as they don't have any details.But I like the one " WHO WAS DRIVING?"

I wouldn't waste your valuable time and money phoning these people. Just ignore all the letters and they will crawl back under their stone, honestly.

There is no fine, no contract, no trespass, no loss, no Court, no CCJ and no effect on your credit rating by ignoring a private parking ticket.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • This morning after a lovely lie in on my 'relaxing' day off, I went to the letterbox to find a brown envelope with the NW9 postmark on it, intrigued - as I never receive brown envelopes (known to be the bearer of bad news) - I opened it only to find a blue PARKING CONTRAVENTION letter. :eek: I actually could not believe it, I was completely unaware of any restrictions in this car park!
    After reading it I still could not understand what I'd done wrong, as it gave me my timings (to the second) I decided to look on the shopping centre website to see if there were any parking restrictions in their car park. To my surprise, it says 3hrs free parking but doesn't say anything about thereafter.
    Now, I have only been driving for a year and it was my first trip to the shopping centre in my own car but I have been with family many a time and am positive that we have parked for way more than 3 hours without a problem! I parked 30 mins over the suposed allotted time, I didn't see any of the "PARKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CLEARLY STATED ON THE SIGNAGE" , as far as I ws aware, this is a free car park. I am going to go back just to have a look for these signs but am worried about taking my car back to the shopping centre!
    I was about to call them to dispute the charge when I thankfully decided to look on here first and I am so happy I did, thanks for all of the advice! I am going to completely ignore them, they wont be getting a rise out of me!
    It's an absoloute disgrace that these people are allowed to operate!
    BRING IT ON! :T
  • Hadeon
    Hadeon Posts: 367 Forumite
    Options
    Good for you Scottishgirl, you are doing absolutely the right think, ie nothing & ignoring.
    Please keep it that way & don't falter when you start receiving the cr*p from Newlyn plc.
  • Thanks Hadeon, I am slightly nervous but to be honest after reading through every post on this thread I am almost looking forward to this laughable company's letters coming through my door! It must cost them a fortune in paper, it feels quite good quality ;)

I just phoned the shopping centre to question them on why there are no instructions on the website to tell you what to do if you'd like to park longer than the 3 free hours. The girl didn't give an explanation about that but instead told me that if I stayed longer then I would get a parking ticket! I questioned her on this again, she then said that I could go to management and pay them £1 to allow all day parking. This is not made clear online and I'll be going to check if it is made clear on signs in the carpark. Anyway, I shall keep following up on here in the hope that we can all stop companies like this getting away with our hard earned cash!
  • pineapple123
    Options
    Hi just a follow up from last months post to put others minds at rest, still have heard nothing since June.

Just ignore, dont reply and they will go away.
    oh and I havnt had any phone calls.
  • Sir_Roger_deLodger
    Options
    Hi just a follow up from last months post to put others minds at rest, still have heard nothing since June.

Thanks Pineapple, that's just the sort of post we need. I wish more people would come back after a few months to prove that ignoring really does work!
  • Jayceee
    Jayceee Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options

My issue has been running about 1 month behind pineapple123's similar issue. My last Newlyn letter was 21st June and have had nothing since.

I'll therefore echo the useful advice given on here which led to me do absolutely nothing about these notices.

Don't phone, don't write, don't get worried, don't react in any way whatsoever; IGNORE!
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Pineapple, that's just the sort of post we need. I wish more people would come back after a few months to prove that ignoring really does work!

I'm not sure what difference that would make.

There are thiousands of posts on here saying 'I ignored them and they went away'...it doesn't stop people posting asking thr same questions over and over and over again....usually along the lines of

I know everyone says to ignore but......

I've go a green car or

It was in ASDA not Tesco, or

It was PCN Scammers Limited or

It was raining and I was in a hurry/pregnant/sick, or......

I believe it would be far better to post a link to the excellent synopsis...!!!!!! it's a sticky and is actually titled [afaicr] "Read this before posting"....so if people can't be bothered to read it they're not going to be soothed by another "happy-ignorer" post.

Just my two pence worth, you understand.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • bearpeje
    bearpeje Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    I understand the point made about endless " we have heard nothing " updates, and the simple ignore everything advice.

However, I was one of the IOW Coppins Bridge victims, and received all the usual letters until the Court threat about 2 months ago, nothing since.

This post though is to ask one of you who can add a link, to put a link on to today's IW County Press. I know they still keep calling them Parking Fines, but just look at how much money they have conned ! They also still seem to be calling themselves Creative Conmen or something similar !

If only these unfortunate bods had accessed this forum. Many thanks to you all that I did.:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport