IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Should I pay..Civil Enforcement Ltd?

Options

Comments

• esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 December 2010 at 7:58AM
    Options
    taffy056 wrote: »
    They can't just seek a CCJ against you, the system doesn't work like that at all, if they took you to the small claims, they would have to win, and you refuse to pay the judgement within 28 days or so, then it could happen, for a bailiff to come to you they have to pay the court for the correct paperwork etc.

Now lets face facts here, you have more chance of winning the lottery jackpot than those scamming shysters doing the above, they just blatantly lie to you to make payments! And before anyone says anything about me calling them scammers, the complaint to MSE was about parking companies this is about the debt collectors and their tactics, no complaint was made from them, so the term scammer is still used to describe what can only be downright scum lies!

I think the OFT agree with you Taffy!;)

Fake invoice scams

The pitch

Scammers send you an invoice or bill requesting payment for goods or services. These invoices may state that you are past the due date for payment and threaten that non-payment will affect your credit rating.

The con

The invoices are fake and are for goods or services you haven't ordered or received.

Anyone here ordered a service from a PPC???;)
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    xdezirx wrote: »
    WHAT SHALL I DO NOW? shall I still ignore it? It's still saying to pay up £150 I can't possibly afford this. I know people say don't worry but I am worrying abit now. Please advise again somebody. Has anyone had a notice similar or the same to mine?

Pay the £150.

Consider it the price for not reading the stickies.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    OD trying to be ironical, just continue ignoring. The fact they are at £150 shows the paper trail is nearly at an end.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    esmerobbo wrote: »
    I think the OFT agree with you Taffy!;)

Fake invoice scams

The pitch

Scammers send you an invoice or bill requesting payment for goods or services. These invoices may state that you are past the due date for payment and threaten that non-payment will affect your credit rating.

The con

The invoices are fake and are for goods or services you haven't ordered or received.

Anyone here ordered a service from a PPC???;)

I suppose they could say the PPC is providing a service, but the service is a one way street to their pockets, so if the OFT says its a scam, why is MSE worrying about it so much ?

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/protect-your-business-from-scams/types/fake
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • stanman7219
    stanman7219 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 24 December 2010 at 7:36PM
    Options
    Hello All

Having used this site and read these posts for guidence when i myself got I fine from these idiots I feel I can now offer some advice myself.

For a while i chose to just ignor all letters from CEL and then came the letters from Newlyn. I decided to contact them and told them about what i'd read on here and that CEL sounded like a scam company. They just said MOST people pay and they had now taken over the debt and to put my complaint in writing to them (newlyn).

I did this and they replied saying they would forward it to CEL and I would hear from them direct.

Some months past and then another letter arrived from Newlyn saying I still owed £263..ish. I rang them and told them I was still waiting for a response from CEL but all they were interested in is how I was going to pay. I told them quite clearly that I would not be paying and I would be more than happy to see them in court.

I got one final letter off Newlyn some months ago saying as i have not paid they had no choice but to refer my case back to CEL (so obviosly they had not taken over the debt).

I have never heard anything off these low lifes again, either Newlyn or CEL. This whole episode has lasted over 12 months!

In conclusion, DO NOTHING with their pathetic empty threats! Or you could just ring them and ask them to forward a court date a.s.a.p (they wont send one).

Do not lose sleep over these Plonkers with small willies!

Good Luck.
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for getting back and confirming.;)
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    Great, please spread the word about these Mickey Mouse 'fines'. Private Parking Contractors and their debt recovery hounds are going to have a lean year in 2011 and with our efforts it will get even tougher. Mind you, I know one PPC operator that could do with a very lean year!
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • Scooby_Doo_9
    Options
    I live in Sandwich Kent and have received a parking fine from Civil Enforcement. As recommended by this site I sent them back the I was not driving letter and I was not going to pay.I have since received a second letter from them threatening me with a Norwich Pharmacal Order if I do not pay or reveal the drivers details also threatening court action. I have now sent them back the second letter from moneysavers and awaiting the reply.
    Does anyone know where you stand with the Norwich Pharmacal Order.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    I live in Sandwich Kent and have received a parking fine from Civil Enforcement. As recommended by this site I sent them back the I was not driving letter and I was not going to pay.I have since received a second letter from them threatening me with a Norwich Pharmacal Order if I do not pay or reveal the drivers details also threatening court action. I have now sent them back the second letter from moneysavers and awaiting the reply.
    Does anyone know where you stand with the Norwich Pharmacal Order.

They won't go anywhere near a court, you have no legal reason to inform them who was driving, the order they mentioned is not for the smalls claim track as they can be used for cases where tens of thousands are at stake, really your best course of action is to ignore completely, there is no idependent appeals so no point speaking to them.

Also as you have informed them you were not the driver, legally that should be the end of it, if they contact you again itcould be deemed harrasment .
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • bromsgrovebarry
    bromsgrovebarry Posts: 806 Forumite
    edited 27 December 2010 at 11:11AM
    Options
    As Taffy has said, this is merely bluff and bluster. The threats of Norwich Pharmacal Orders is yet a different tactic used by an 'industry' that is losing income due to people finding out that their begging letters are not legally enforceable. Just ignore and help to bring about the demise of this business by telling others to ignore private parking tickets. Oh, and please do not call them fines, private companies do not have the ability to 'fine' anyone, they can merely invoice.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure