We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Electronic Cigarette

Options

Comments

• Isaac-the-red
    Options
    I think it is Geneva, the thought of spending £30 than being short of ciggie money if it doesn't work!

and........... it's easy to spend £30 on a couple of sub standard cig-a-likes :(

And sadly even far more Karma :( I'll never forget that soon after I set up an ebay e-cig group 3 & a half years ago, someone posting saying they had bought a (sub standard) starter kit for over £150.00 at a mall in the states :(

oojimmyflip, Lockwheeler is right, please come back & edit your post.
  • Isaac-the-red
    Options
    How are all the e-cig users doing?
  • prepareathome
    prepareathome Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Still vaping away, although my GP is a bit concerned, as I suddenly have become Anaemic, so she is sending me for more tests, and going to see if she can find out more about the chemicals used in e-liquid. I think personally its down to the amount of blood I lose every time I brush my teeth, since a week after stopping the nasties blood literally pours from my mouth when I brush them and teeth hurt yet dentist says nothing to worry about it shows good blood supply to them now and nerves are just sensitive but will settle down eventually. Told doctor about this so that also is something she has noted, but says we will wait and see what next tests show, they should show if it is indeed due to loss of actual blood ( I am an old woman of 55 so past the normal woman's causes of Anaemia). Hubby walked in on me brushing my teeth the other day and nearly fainted at the state of the sink as it was literally red and pools of it in bowl, its definitely not a small amount and takes ages to stop.

None of this is making me want to start on the nasties again, and I am finding that I am using the e-cigs less and less - riva battery can last a week now, although will use lookalike a few times a day, but only getting through one pack of its cartridges a week ( was a day at first) . My calcium level is also low and white blood count is up - I have to have all these tests done every 6 months due to my chronic health problems, these tests she does in hope of finding something she can maybe cure not because they shed light on my condition but all have always been spot on. Its just on 2 months since I stopped the nasties so long enough for effects to show in body now. So tomorrow will go for next blood tests and then see what result is and discuss options with doctor, she is still happy for me to continue using the e-cig said even if they are the cause its still less of a worry than nasties as I can take supplements if need be to correct them.

For years I had friends give up the nasties who ended up within a few months of doing so with bowel problems, heart problems and lung problems and that used to scare me as not one person I knew who had smoked longer than 30 years had good health after giving up, not one but I never thought it would be gum problems with me. I smoked nasties 34 years.
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have ordered a new lavatube...

Got it from Mojo Republic - code mojuten....

Love the lavatube. Yes there are probs with voltage but I just love the control (reduces voltage according to whether you have low resistance cartomiser on it or like a standard resistance. I prefer Low resistance. Tis me and I'm happy with it)....

Just woken up half the neighbours by bashing an ink cartridge at 4 in the morning....

Reduction going well though it was a lot easier pre 22mg....but hey ho..No rush to reduce any sooner...

Does anyone know a good supplier of 36mg/ml liquid in a variety of flavours by the way for my newbie vaper I gave a kit to the other week otherwise he's going to do me out of juice :eek:

E
    :dance:
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    As a newbie to the world of e-cigs, please can I ask for a recommendation for a small, light good quality e-cig - suitable for someone who smokes roll-ups with a filter (so low strength liquid?).

There are so many different types of e-cig, I've been vacillating for ages because I simply can't choose between them (and can't afford expensive mistakes).

Can't wait any longer so would much appreciate any suggestions. :)
  • karmacookie
    karmacookie Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Prep

Sorry to hear of your health problems.

I can't see why vaping would cause anemia. You say your tests have been spot on up until now, perhaps they haven't been?

The ranges the NHS use on a lot of blood tests are vast. You can be at the very bottom of the range and proclaimed fit and well. Perhaps your iron stores have been low for some time but only now fallen bellow their ranges?

Hopefully some supplementation will help sort out your deficiencies.

It's good you have talked to your dentist about your gums, it doesn't sound pleasant but good that the dentist isn't worried, well done keeping off the nasties :)

Must dash, off to get a blood test, lol!
  • karmacookie
    karmacookie Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    Robin

Pop across to this forum, it's full of friendly people and great e-cig advice

http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/index.cgi
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    *Robin* wrote: »
    As a newbie to the world of e-cigs, please can I ask for a recommendation for a small, light good quality e-cig - suitable for someone who smokes roll-ups with a filter (so low strength liquid?).

There are so many different types of e-cig, I've been vacillating for ages because I simply can't choose between them (and can't afford expensive mistakes).

If you take Karmas advice, you will get lots of POV.

But my opinion is thus. If you only have a few, maybe 4 or 5 cigs a day, then a small light, cigarette sized model e-cig will do you. The problem is, the smaller the battery, the less time they last.

When I had a cig sized model (Realis) I was always struggling with batteries dying on me and they are all about the same, no matter what the companies that sell them, say in advertising.

However, although it was an expensive mistake for me, it did let me know that, for me, e-cigs worked, when the batteries annoyed me so much and the e-cig was no longer producing the hit I wanted, I quite easily went up to the next size, with less worries than would I have done when I started.

The next size up is the Riva/tornado/Ego 510, they are all basically the same thing. A seriously decent e-cig to start with and much easier to try different things with, than the cig sized models.

What really got me into e-cigs, was not the models however, it was the different juices. When I got my cig a like, I got some pre-filled cartos with it, I hated them, luckily I had bought some empty cartos and some juice with my order. This I used and loved, well some of them, :D
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • Farzackerly
    Farzackerly Posts: 262 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Robin,
    I started with a 510-alike from China and it did fine for a couple of weeks, until I realised the need for a larger battery. The Ego battery fitted the atomisers, so I bought one of them and a suitable charger. Now I'm using cartomisers and they've transformed things again.
    With the benefit of hindsight I could have gone straight for an Ego+cartomiser, but was unsure of what fitted what and how long they'd last; at least I have a few spares knocking around now and they all work.
  • Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    *Robin* wrote: »

Riva - not that I have one.....but still....check the friendly forum (all about e-cigarettes) for a good deal....

Don't know about like light smoker or not...roll ups of any variety are not exactly light

E
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income