We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Electronic Cigarette

Options

Comments

• Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    renegade wrote: »
    I am with you on that Green, but to he honest it took me 6 months of umming and arring about trying the e-cigs to cut down on real fags.
    Why is that renegade?

I was a bit shocked like you green on the increase in the cost of cigarettes, not that it worries me now, but I did think the same as you, that they would try to find someway of taxing vaping now.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • pookiewn
    pookiewn Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy World Vaping Day! :)

There are some great offers on today :)

I seemed to have fallen off the wagon a bit :( I think the liquid I had wasn't strong enough, so I have ordered some more and will start again as soon as it arrives. Looking forward to not being ruled by the nasties (sorry to coin your phrase prepareathome, it sums the horrid things up fantastically!) again.

Goes to hide in a corner.... :(
    "Live each day as if it were your last and garden as though you will live forever"
    Anonymous
  • karmacookie
    karmacookie Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck Pookie, i'm sure once you get the right liquid you'll kick the nasties :)
  • Isaac-the-red
    Options
    Awww don't feel you need to hide in a corner ((((Pookie))) :( As you say, there are some great offers/discount codes out there for World Vaping Day :D
  • renegade
    renegade Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    Options
    Lotus-eater

Because I loved smoking and had been doing it for 50 yrs, very hard to break the habit I thought, until coming on here and reading about e-cigs, you really convinced me to try them. lol
    You live..You learn.:)
  • oojimmyflip
    oojimmyflip Posts: 13 Forumite
    edited 23 March 2012 at 3:03AM
    Options
    Hi, I have tried several times to quit smoking and I guess I didn't really want to quit enough because I couldn't hack it, I succeeded for only a few weeks before going back to cigarettes, I went on the ECF the electronic cigarette forum and asked as many stupid questions as I could they are all very friendly on there and will advise you as much as you need to introduce you into the world of e-cigs, I bought a Riva 1100 and haven't looked back in six weeks if I need a hit of nicotine I have one without smoke its steam not smoke, and I feel better no stinky smoke anymore, I had my carbon monoxide levels checked at the pharmacy and they dropped from 18 down to 2 so it must be doing me some good, I can smell a real cig from 60 feet away now and I hate sitting next to smokers in waiting rooms I can't believe that I smelt like that once, the -liquids have different flavors and the most popular is called RY4 which is a hint of tobacco with caramel and vanilla flavor very nice try to buy e-liquid with a VG base as opposed to a PG base as it gives less mouth irritation VG being vegetable oil and PG being Ethelne glycol
    (food grade). website vapeescape.co.uk
    vapingworld.co.uk give em a try its really worth it vape escape has a discount code for 10% off the code word is allabout. good luck it really does work, on an e-cig you take a drag really slowly to produce more vapor it takes a bit of getting used to.
    I recommend that you start with 18mg nicotine and see how it goes I am on 24mg nicotine and I find I only need three tokes and that's enough to quench my cravings. I started on 18mg but it wasn't enough for me and I smoked roll ups originally. when you buy an e-cig ask the supplier to swap the atomizers for cartomisers they are cheaper produce more vapor and easier to fill compared to atomizers. check out you tube on how to fill your cartomisers/carts and away you go.
    I dop hope this is enough info to get you off the cigarettes for good forget cheap fake looking plastic cigarettes and buy yourself a proper e-cig with a decent battery life the Riva 1100mah one I have lasts about two days on a single charge.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Lockwheeler
    Options
    Hi Jimmy

If you are going to post (mostly) good info then please ensure you put the correct things. PG is Propylene Glycol, not Ethelne glycol (that is anti freeze) and VG is Vegetable Glycerine (glycerol). Apart from that, some good info there.
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    renegade wrote: »
    Lotus-eater

Because I loved smoking and had been doing it for 50 yrs, very hard to break the habit I thought, until coming on here and reading about e-cigs, you really convinced me to try them. lol
    I mean why did you umm and ahh about trying them for 6 months? Was it because something you had read? Or just the unknown?
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • geneva
    geneva Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    What put me off trying ecigs at first Lotus, was the cost . . . kits were considerably more expensive a couple of years ago, I paid £50+ for a DSE901 package back then . . . was I going to be wasting money I could have spent on ciggies that I knew worked, was my dilemma.

Thank goodness I did as I haven't looked back really since recieving that little mini ecig . . . kits are so much more affordable now, but I guess it's a consideration that could still be in a smoker's mind?
  • karmacookie
    karmacookie Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    I think it is Geneva, the thought of spending £30 than being short of ciggie money if it doesn't work!

and........... it's easy to spend £30 on a couple of sub standard cig-a-likes :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport