Electronic Cigarette

Options

Comments

• Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't had a drag of a nastie for over 6 months now and haven't really had any cravings for one to speak of.
    Whenever I've wanted one and smelt one, it always immediately goes out of my mind, smells horrible. Reading Karma's taste test above, does make me wonder how it would taste to me now, but equally I don't want a burning nastie anywhere near me thankyou!

Like many other people, I feel incredibly lucky to have found vaping and annoyed I didn't try it for 6/12 months after hearing about it. I could have had all that time with no smoking. And why? Because I was worried it might be bad for me.... how bonkers that sounds now.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I actually had about 3 and just wanted the nic...they made me feel sick. I don't know how I could previously chain smoke :eewwwwww.....

Anyhow Paws mod just needed a different carto....so tired now though after having that nic withdrawal overnight...

E
    :dance:
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
  • esmecullen
    esmecullen Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    Its now 2 months for me:j Very happy with my IMist and Riva and have not touched a nastie since, in fact I dont even think of buying any and can stand at the cigarette counter and not have any urge to buy. I look at them and the brand I used to smoke and think "hell, I used to pay that just for a pack!?"

I'm another spender karmacookie;) now got a whole shelf of my bathroom cabinet devoted to juices lol. Think I have enough for a couple of months now............ only thing is if the next new accessory comes out.......... I wont be able to resist:rotfl:

Wish I had heard of E-Cigarettes years ago
    total airhead, total bimbo, very superficial:D
  • Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Och brilliant Esme :j...

Anyhow lavatube sent back :)...and like have reduced again. Now down to 18mg/ml and not beating self up about how many ml a day I'm vaping. Know it'll reduce in a few days...

Just need giro to go in :mad:

E
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
  • Lotus-eater
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nice to see you on the e-cig thread exhomelessdude. I'm not on FB, sorry.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • Nessynoo
    Nessynoo Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 March 2012 at 7:26PM
    Options
    Hi, all. I've been vaping for two months, and I'm loving it!

Has anyone purchased any e-cigs from f o c a l p r i c e . com? They sell loads of ecig stuff.
    I have no association with his company, I'm just interested in other peoples reviews.

Also, I'm after some help. I've had 4 plain 510 batteries die on me. They work for about a week, then refuse to charge.

I make sure I remove the carto before refilling, keep the batteries away from other electric suff, like my mobile, and use the correct charger. Anyone have any ideas, or am I just being unlucky? BTW, I'm buying them from a well regarded UK supplier, and I'm not vaping to death because I wasn't a heavy smoker to begin with.

Cheers, fellow vapers. x
    "It's official, MSE's harbouring total fruitcakes"
    >^..^<
  • Nessynoo
    edited 20 March 2012 at 7:27PM
    Options
    Ooops, double post when editing my comment above
    >^..^<
  • karmacookie
    karmacookie Posts: 577 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2012 at 7:49PM
    Options
    Hi Nessy

I've also been vaping for 2 months, so pleased to hear that it's working for you too!

I've never heard of focalprice?

The 510 cig-a-like bats don't have great staying power unfortunately. Most people start off with those and that's great if it keeps you off the ciggies. There is better kit out there though, and it doesn't have to cost a fortune!

Edited to add - try cleaning the conectors on your batteries and charger with a tissue!

I've had loads of great help and advice from this forum

http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/index.cgi

Have a read and join in, it really is a friendly place. There is a list of recommended suppliers and discount codes there as well :)
  • Lotus-eater
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What batteries have you got Nessy?
    I would go back to the supplier and get a refund if you can, if you'd had 4 gone wrong it's not exactly worth continuing with, I would say.

The website you listed, hasn't any decent e-cigs for sale, I wouldn't go near it if I was you. Do go to the forum suggested and you will learn alot more about vaping that will help you no end.
  • Nessynoo
    edited 20 March 2012 at 10:47PM
    Options
    Thanks, karmacookie and lotus-eater.
    I ordered an eGo yesterday, so if I'm lucky it will arrive tomorrow. I'm aware that plain 510s aren't the greatest, but expected them to be better than I've experienced.

I sent two of the dud batteries back for replacement, but I'm a bit concerned about returning any more, in case it's me doing something wrong. I'll email them tomorrow and see what they say. I tried cleaning the connectors, but no luck. &#55357;&#56866;

Ive had a mooch around the allabout forum, and it's great. I love popping in here and hearing everyone's vaping stories and experiences. You're such a friendly, helpful bunch.
    >^..^<
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills