Cashback Credit Card Discussion Area

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• langers_2
    langers_2 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Egg are stopping theirs too, just had an email:

We are amending Condition 11, regarding cash back. Cash back will no longer be payable on all Purchases for those customers who applied for an Egg Card from 1 October 2001. The definition of cash back in Condition 8.1 is being changed to reflect this

Applies from 1st September, to be honest it was crap anyway but better than nothing :)
    Langers
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have just received my July statement from MINT and there is no mention of withdrawing the cashback. To be honest, it would be fairly cheeky seeing as there should be an annual fee of £10 with this version.

I reckon they will cancel this version in November and scrap the annual fee.
  • billion25
    billion25 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    Why wouldn't you switch to an Amex Blue or Platinum card and get more cashback than Mint for no fee? With a £10 anual fee, it's like you're getting no cashback on your first £1,333 in spend each year.
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    billion25 wrote:
    Why wouldn't you switch to an Amex Blue or Platinum card and get more cashback than Mint for no fee? With a £10 anual fee, it's like you're getting no cashback on your first £1,333 in spend each year.
    Fortunately, I rang them up and they agreed to waive the fee. However, I will probably ditch the MINT now I have applied for Sainsbury's 12 months 0%.

12 months 0% on purchases is equivalent to around 2% cashback on everything you buy, assuming uniform spend through the year, 5% credit interest on your cash etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure