Scottish Power

Options

Comments

• MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just making an observation from reading posts on this thread.

If you look back at previous posts, you'll read how people are paying MORE with S/Power than with their previous supplier, thus questioning their obviously dubious claims!

::)
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    Options
    I have had no problems at all with Scottish Power,since changing over to them.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have had no problems at all with Scottish Power,since changing over to them.

Glad to hear that Angela. I've obviously had your share of problems! Read my post below.

>:(
  • alexei_2
    alexei_2 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    I've also had no problems with changing over to Scottish Power at the end of last year.  Initially they set up a DD for a higher amount than I was previously paying, but a phone call rectified this.

I now give them quarterly readings online and have no problems.  I guess once a year is up I will find out the true cost of their gas and electricity but looking at my account right now it seems OK.

I think with most of these companies it is hit or miss what sort of service you get.  I think in this instance I have been lucky.
  • MimiJane
    Options
    Had my SECOND cheque in the post from them this morning (£20 x 2). If they fail in delivering their standards of service and you point this out in writing, they send you a £20 cheque as standard practise.

I may write again though, as they've definitely "failed" on more than two occasions! They obviously assume you're going to give up after a while and hope you'll accept one small cheque for a whole catalogue of errors ... well, not me!

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • System
    Options
    Had my SECOND cheque in the post from them this morning (£20 x 2).  If they fail in delivering their standards of service and you point this out in writing, they send you a £20 cheque as standard practise.

I may write again though, as they've definitely "failed" on more than two occasions!  They obviously assume you're going to give up after a while and hope you'll accept one small cheque for a whole catalogue of errors ... well, not me!

Mimi where did you complain to? Where does it say they will send you a cheque as standard practise? Not being funny, but before i demand my recompense i need to get my facts straight.
  • MimiJane
    Options
    Hi Judi, let me explain .....

The first reply I had to my letter (detailing a catalogue of errors) was dated 2 days BEFORE I sent mine!  This was obviously a standard letter and read as follows :-

I enclose a cheque for £20.

This payment is made because we failed under our Guaranteed Standards of Service.

Should you require any further information on this matter, please contact Customer Services on the number above.

The problems were all to do with a meter change and the fitter not turning up (I arranged to be in between 8am and 8pm on a certain day).  There were more problems when they failed to respond (twice) to complaints raised over the phone, which should have been responded to within 48 hours.  The errors just continued 'til I was tearing my hair out in frustration!

Basically, I wrote another (strong) letter setting out all my grievances (including those since the first letter) and received another cheque for £20.  I'm now debating whether to take it further and write again.

I presume, therefore, that the £20 is a "standard" compensation amount for complaints (although I've seen this no-where in writing), unless you persist and take the matter up with someone higher up in the company, which I'm contemplating right now.

The address I used is as follows :-

For the attention of the Correspondence Dept.,
    Scottish Power Customer Sales & Services,
    Cathcart Business Park,
    Spean Street,
    Glasgow, G44 4BE

This address is the one on all their letter-headed paper.

They did write back to me very quickly in the first instance ... think I heard within 4/5 days.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help further in any way.

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • gibby
    gibby Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

I switched to Sp and the savings were dramatic!

thay have been very good

much cheaper than british Gas and N power

I ahve a had a few probelms with their online account as the web site sometimes does not work

but by emailing them everything has been sorted out asap

Cheers

G
    never take advice from broke or unsuccessful people

Jim Rohn
  • System
    Options
    Thanks MimiJane
  • Furniture_man
    Options
    ??? ??? ??? ???

Ref my previous rants during April and May regarding changeover to SP.

It is now 5 months since changeover, and I've just received my first bill, but if I hadn't chased them this would never have happened.

Sting in the tail?????????????????

My previous supplier has still not sent the final bill from 5 months ago, and this was for a heavy consumption period. RESULT OR WHAT???????????/
    So if I don't save anything by transferring to SP, it is offset by no charges from previous supplier.

One last tip. Don't sign up for Direct Debit to pay your bill.
    It gives free licence for companies to raid your account as and when they like. it is not worth the saving when you get all this hassle when they have overcharged you.

Still can't get my account on line from SP. What a mess
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family