Scottish Power

Options

Comments

• SWITCHER_3
    Options
    Interesting Jellyhead, I am in the process of SWITCHing from NPower to SP. The reasons I got "itchy feet" were
    1. Price increases earlier in the year (I waited till I got my £50 dual fuel discount before the switch)
    2 Sick of being pestered at home by them trying to sell me all sorts of other products.

Oh, and they've called twice trying to get me to stay!

I hope SP don't do the same thing
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i was with SP for 9 months, switched to them after a comparison website told me they were the cheapest. they told me they're so cheap that my direct debit can be lower than the direct debit to my old supplier - after just 9 months i now owe them 200!!

This is what happened to me i think, i gave them a few details of my appliances, but i think they underestestimated my usage. I let it pass cause i thought they would end up much cheaper in the long run.
  • mrtickle
    mrtickle Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't understand why you give these companies your telephone numbers in the first place? ??? I find the best (and only guaranteed) way to avoid pestering calls is never to give my number out. If they need to contact me, they can write me letters.
  • System
    Options
    DONT SWITCH TO SCOTISH POWER...I SAY AGAIN DONT SWITCH.
    IT TOOK ME 2 WEEKS TO GET A SIMPLE PROBLEM SORTED, AND 9 TIMES OUT OF TEN UF YOU NEED TO SPEAK TO ANYBODY IT WILL BE AN ANSWERPHONE.
    BE WARNED.. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • System
    Options
    DONT SWITCH TO SCOTISH POWER...I SAY AGAIN DONT SWITCH.
    IT TOOK ME 2 WEEKS TO GET A SIMPLE PROBLEM SORTED, AND 9 TIMES OUT OF TEN UF YOU NEED TO SPEAK TO ANYBODY IT WILL BE AN ANSWERPHONE.
    BE WARNED..
    Tony i always get to talk to a person, but if i do, and they say they have sorted it, then 9 times out of 10 they havent. Have had an awful Sunday, had lectures from 'he who works' about swapping and changing utilities. I now have to ring them to sort out my electricity meter readings when i came over to them in November. I wrote them down somewhere, but for the life of me i cant think where. Wish me luck cause i think i am going to need it.
  • System
    Options
    Good luck, as you will need it.. ???...if you speak to anybody on the phone make sure you take a note of that persons name ext number and what office they are working from.... :o.....this was a mistake we made... :'(
  • System
    Options
    Two hours later and i still cant get through. I see what you mean about only getting the answerphone. Except that this isnt an answerphone as such, as you cant leave a message before you get chucked off the system and told to ring back.

My phone bill is going to be as big as my electricity bill at this rate. Do you think i ought to email them a link to this thread? More importantly, do you think it would make a difference? >:(
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    e-mail them and complain, Judi. I did and they sorted things out quickly.
    Bulletproof
  • System
    Options
    Troo thanks for the idea, i have spent practically all day on the phone getting nowhere so i have emailed them. Hope i get a swift response.

I tell you, i would never recomend this company to anyone.
  • System
    Options
    Troo,

What you suggest evidently does not always work. I have telephoned them and e-mailed them continuously about the failures in my registration and countless other failures in their processes. I still am not connected to them for gas after more than 6 months!

Finally I have had to write a formal complaint to Energywatch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure